The Helwani Show: Weidman, Till, Iaquinta, Bader, Alvarez, Shevchenko and More - 1pm ET

I'll say this here because i can't make threads atm but weidman said he has been told this is a number one contender match with jacare. I hoping that, if weidman wins, so does whittaker as we all saw how kelvin was easily taken to the ground by weidman and submitted.

If jacare wins then im not fussed who he fights.

Can someone say what is wrong with Valentina? How exactly helping fighter who will fight Nunes being 2-0 against Valentina, will help Shev?
I don't think Cyborg crushing Nunes will make Shev look better, same s..it like with her and Namajunas.
By looking at her past she will lose again in title fight and Cyborg will win.

Not sure I understand...I think they can both make each other better. Valentina has fought Nunes twice and can help Cyborg in that sense while training with Cyborg will definitely help in fighting Joanna. Valentina is probably too focused on 125 to care about the past and how the losses to Nunes look.

Mikaela Mayer is goddamn attractive.

And she's very eloquent too.

Yeah, she really was a good interview.
Yeah she was interesting, well-spoken, and pretty honest about everything, the Good/Bad/Ugly, and just an impressive & driven woman.

I'm gonna be watching her fights from now on, I saw some clips just now and she's very good. Next fight is Dec 14th, with TopRank.

Mikaela Mayer is goddamn attractive.

And she's very eloquent too.
Hotter than?

DAe9byn-Xc-AAx-Ico.jpg

DAe9bynXcAAxIco.jpg

DAe9bynXcAAxIco.jpg

Not sure who that is.... she is hot too.
But on the whole I prefer Mikaela I think.

Not sure I understand...I think they can both make each other better. Valentina has fought Nunes twice and can help Cyborg in that sense while training with Cyborg will definitely help in fighting Joanna. Valentina is probably too focused on 125 to care about the past and how the losses to Nunes look.
You clearly don't undrestand me. She lacks IQ in fighting game. She can be salty, but she should root for Nunes , because if Nunes will win it will make her look better and her stock will rise, maybe even people will want to watch third fight between them.
Same was with Namajunas, Valentina doesn't understand she built her name because she was some kind of Jedrzejczyk's nemesis because some f..in old fights. More Jedrzejczyk was winning - it was better for her, so why try to help different fighter to beat her. It's stupid. Her stock went really hard down after she lost to Nunes, and then when Jedrzejczyk lost it was even worse, she was in no mans land, but UFC gave her hand with that stupid mismatch.
Conor was right when he said fightgame is full of bums and Valentina sabotaging her own career, resume, and chances for better fights, is best example of it.
If she gonna lose worst scenario will be Cyborg demolishing Nunes. It will be game over for her.

You clearly don't undrestand me. She lacks IQ in fighting game. She can be salty, but she should root for Nunes , because if Nunes will win it will make her look better and her stock will rise, maybe even people will want to watch third fight between them.
Same was with Namajunas, Valentina doesn't understand she built her name because she was some kind of Jedrzejczyk's nemesis because some f..in old fights. More Jedrzejczyk was winning - it was better for her, so why try to help different fighter to beat her. It's stupid. Her stock went really hard down after she lost to Nunes, and then when Jedrzejczyk lost it was even worse, she was in no mans land, but UFC gave her hand with that stupid mismatch.
Conor was right when he said fightgame is full of bums and Valentina sabotaging her own career, resume, and chances for better fights, is best example of it.
If she gonna lose worst scenario will be Cyborg demolishing Nunes. It will be game over for her.

I apologize but it would help to understand if it was more clearly written :)

I still don't really agree. Valentina can't see the future and shouldn't be picking and choosing who she trains with based on "what if" scenarios. She's training with many of the best in order to improve herself. If she keeps winning fights she will be in good shape anyways. She isn't sabotaging her own career, that's just silly. Also she may not even be having a big fight with Joanna right now if Joanna had beaten Rose. She'll be fine, the fight with Joanna is going to be fun.

Last edited:
I apologize but it would help to understand if it was more clearly written :)

I still don't really agree. Valentina can't see the future and shouldn't be picking and choosing who she trains with based on "what if" scenarios. She's training with many of the best in order to improve herself. If she keeps winning fights she will be in good shape anyways. She isn't sabotaging her own career, that's just silly. Also she may not even be fighting a big fight with Joanna right now if Joanna had beaten Rose. She'll be fine, the fight with Joanna is going to be fun.

VS trained with Rose for Joanna because they had already established a friendship when the SW title fight came about. VS is now training with Cris because she is long time friends with Ray Elbe Cris' BF. And of course, she is training with them for the experience as well.

I still don't really agree. Valentina can't see the future and shouldn't be picking and choosing who she trains with based on "what if" scenarios. She's training with many of the best in order to improve herself. If she keeps winning fights she will be in good shape anyways. She isn't sabotaging her own career, that's just silly. Also she may not even be fighting a big fight with Joanna right now if Joanna had beaten Rose. She'll be fine, the fight with Joanna is going to be fun.
You don't need to see future. Cyborg winning is not good option for her no matter what, it's just basic logical thinking, and her "helping" her it's not bright move. But hey it's Valentina.
You got 4 options here: winners are -
1. JJ - Nunes : very bad option
2. JJ - Cyborg : awful option
3. Shev - Nunes : very good option
4. Shev - Cyborg: bad option, resumewise it will be tragical, she will look underwhelming, and her title will be overshadowed completly

VS trained with Rose for Joanna because they had already established a friendship when the SW title fight came about. VS is now training with Cris because she is long time friends with Ray Elbe , Cris' BF.

Yup and that's what she should be doing instead of choosing who to train with based on what if scenarios down the road.

VS trained with Rose for Joanna because they had already established a friendship when the SW title fight came about. VS is now training with Cris because she is long time friends with Ray Elbe Cris' BF. And of course, she is training with them for the experience as well.
doesn't change fact it was dumb move

You don't need to see future. Cyborg winning is not good option for her no matter what, it's just basic logical thinking, and her "helping" her it's not bright move. But hey it's Valentina.
You got 4 options here: winners are -
1. JJ - Nunes : very bad option
2. JJ - Cyborg : awful option
3. Shev - Nunes : very good option
4. Shev - Cyborg: bad option, resumewise it will be tragical, she will look underwhelming, and her title will be overshadowed completly

But it depends. What if JJ wins but it's a great fight setting up a huge rematch? Same if Shevchenko wins. Also if Nunes wins there will likely be a big push for a rematch with Cyborg.

The future is too complicated to break it down the way you're trying to.

Not sure who that is.... she is hot too.
But on the whole I prefer Mikaela I think.

Mia Kang , a swimsuit model who recently had a pro muay thai fight and who Dana fantasizes is going to fight in the UFC, she's managed by Malki Kawa. Mrs Helwani needs to put her foot down about Ariel inviting these girls into the studio.

But it depends. What if JJ wins but it's a great fight setting up a huge rematch? Same if Shevchenko wins. Also if Nunes wins there will likely be a big push for a rematch with Cyborg.

There's no option where Cyborg winning is good for Valentina, that's it

doesn't change fact it was dumb move

It really doesn't matter if Amanda wins at 145 or not. She will maintain the 135 belt. If Valentina beats Joanna, she has a better chance of getting (another rematch with Amanda.) Although, I thought she beat Amanda last time, she should let 135 go. It's wasteland.

There's no option where Cyborg winning is good for Valentina, that's it

I don't agree. If Valentina has any plans to go back to 135 very soon then it would actually be better if Cyborg wins because otherwise Amanda might be involved in a rematch (or two) at 145.

I agree with this:

It really doesn't matter if Amanda wins at 145 or not. She will maintain the 135 belt. If Valentina beats Joanna, she has a better chance of getting (another rematch with Amanda.) Although, I thought she beat Amanda last time, she should let 135 go. It's wasteland.

She shouldn't bother with 135 anymore.

Back