THE HATEFUL EIGHT Thread v.2 (Tarantino's Possible Ideas for Next Film)

If you have see THE HATEFUL EIGHT, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
Django was awesome but Hateful 8 was shit. I thought Tarantino said it was going to be a "Civil War Trilogy." So what about the third film? Otherwise, I'll give a 30s gangster movie from him a chance. Could be interesting, depending on how he does it.

There was a fake penis?
Did you not know they exist? Do you want one?

It wasn't shown on-camera. Reinhold thought of it entirely himself, purely for the reaction.

Did you not know they exist? Do you want one?

It wasn't shown on-camera. Reinhold thought of it entirely himself, purely for the reaction.

Never heard that before. Interesting

His worse film by far, I wish I could take back those four hours of my life.

I have yet to sit through this entire film.

Caught the stage reading, and pretty much hated it. Caught the first twenty minutes of the film and hated it. Caught the last twenty minutes of the film and hated it.

It seems egregiously self-aware, and if there's anyone who can sell any dialogue ...it sure as hell ain't Walt Goggins, the four dollar bill of actors. At the end there the film goes into slow-motion and then resumes speed -- but while everyone starts talking back to normal, Sam Jackson's still on slo-mo. I guess that's a reference to an earlier point in the film, so maybe it would have been funnier and appropriate had I watched it the whole way through.

But fat chance of that happening.

2d45d8c1ec8e9ad8fc73ac450bf7f2f8.jpg

The reaction from Phoebe Cates? That's genuine.

The comically gigantic penis Judge Reinhold used, to which she is reacting but was not foretold, was not.

giphy.gif

You haven't seen the movie, but you watch random pieces of it, including the end?

Do you even film bro?

And to top it off, you don't like Walton Goggins?

giphy.gif

You could replace Walt Goggins in any film with this, and not know the difference:

giphy.gif

that looks like my dog in the background...legit lol...

You loved this movie?!

You should check it out, one of the greatest shows of all timez.
It's just me, man. I can't get into shows like this or GAME OF THRONES, where it's a bunch of reprehensible people you have to hang out with for seasons before they start doing something likeable. They're not pretty and/or naked enough for me to stick around.

You loved this movie?!

Spent my Xmas with it when it came out, there was a special 'Roadshow' where a handful of theaters across the country released it in 70mm. There were programs. There was an Overture before the movie, with a piece of still art on the screen & an original piece by Ennio Morricone playing under it, as people took their seats. There was an Intermission. In the middle of all those bells & whistles, the film itself, which I absolutely love. I went to see it 3 times during that roadshow period.

It's just me, man. I can't get into shows like this or GAME OF THRONES, where it's a bunch of reprehensible people you have to hang out with for seasons before they start doing something likeable. They're not pretty and/or naked enough for me to stick around.

If needing a character to be likeable is your thing, then that ties into why you might not like The Hateful Eight. Tarantino specifically said one of his ideas here was to have a group of villains with no hero, just a bunch of different kinds of dirtbags.

Getting back to The Shield though, that's a different story. It's not one of the 'watch these bad people eventually do something good' arcs. It's actually a moral question from the jump. You could give the very first episode a try, and there are 2 situations in the premiere which, depending on how you see them, would probably be enough for you to have an informed opinion on whether you find the character reprehensible or good.

So why does it sound like Tarantino is done with this time period? Didn't he say something about a 3rd film?

i went to a road show showing and didn't get a program. movie was kind of disappointing but I wouldn't call it a bad movie.

didnt care for it

concept was cool and i like tarantinos other films but i got pretty bored during this one

Back