The Hard Right Is Hypocritical to the Core, And I Can Prove It in One Sentence

I cannot name a liberal who is a consistent deficit hawk, no. (And you can name one Republican Senator...)
Then why should people take their demonstrably false claims of worry for the national debt seriously?

By your own admission, the Democrats don't care about the national debt when they're in power.

A Democrat claiming to care about the national debt when their party is out of power, is nothing more than political pandering.

So I gave a straight answer to your question.

Does that mean that 1) I am not a liberal or 2) you father was full of shit?

(Logic is a bitch...)

You're on your first step to recovery from liberalism.

The journey is going to be hard, there will be many times when you will be tempted to get pulled back into the left.

But fear not, if you stay true to the sacred fact, you will eventually arrive at conservatism.

I wish you well on your journey!

Last edited:
@panamaican is a fairly reasonable left-of-center poster. Our politics don't align, but I really can't recall the last time pan and I had an out-and-out disagreement on something.

He's not left of center, definitely not on economic tax issues. He's also stated publicly that he served in a local position as a Republican and is open about his voting record for Republicans (I don't think he voted Trump, though). He does seem to take left wing positions on social issues although on a personal level he may be conservative.

This is a lie, of course. You didn't get mad about personal insults, which I rarely use, but about arguments which you were unable to address.

He's pulling this shit with me itt. I called his post stupid and explained why and all he had to say was I personally attacked him, then utterly failed to address the criticism. I think he's either copping out of addressing arguments or he doesn't get what personal attacks are.

Then why should people take their demonstrable false claims of worry for the national debt seriously?

By your own admission, the Democrats don't care about the national debt when they're in power.

A Democrat claiming to care about the national debt when their party is out of power, is nothing more than political pandering.

The journey is going to be hard, there will be many times when you will be tempted to get pulled back into leftism.

But fear not, if you stay true to the sacred fact, you will eventually arrive at conservatism.

1st step in recovery from liberalism... Stop accepting facts and just call them alternative facts and continue believing only what suits your pre determined narrative

Then why should people take their demonstrable false claims of worry for the national debt seriously?

The journey is going to be hard, there will be many times when you will be tempted to get pulled back into the left.

I see that you still haven't learned your lesson which is sad because I clearly laid out the issue with your thinking here.

He's pulling this shit with me itt. I called his post stupid and explained why and all he had to say was I personally attacked him, then utterly failed to address the criticism. I think he's either copping out of addressing arguments or he doesn't get what personal attacks are.

So calling something "stupid" isn't supposed to be insulting in any way?

Unless you can articulate how calling something "stupid" is now somehow a sign of respect, you're just wrong.

I find it fascinating when people won't openly acknowledged their own bad behavior.

Here it is: Anyone Hear from the Tea Party Lately?

These guys have were all over American politics for the past 10 years or so. In fact, the majority of our current GOP Congress was installed during the 2010 midterms due to the Tea Party movement.

These American patriots, as I remember, were very, and I mean VERY concerned about the national debt.

So I figured, since they don't seem to be around any more, that must mean the national debt problem was solved.

1200px-US_National_Debt_public_intergovernmental.png

Oh, there it is.

So what's up, Tea Party?

Why are you all taking a knee?

573961702ec74facab1316d09999fcfd-8bc9cc2a30664a44b3dce73642f1c943-0.jpg

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/po...-last-night/BngSUNF0imTWwYozAZDDfO/story.html

There is a deep truth here. For decades, the hardcore right in this country hasn’t been about specific policies or a particular spending level, but a feeling of grievance that is wrapped up in culture, economics, and demographics.

This is so blatantly true. Like my republitard neighbor who went from talking nonstop about debt to nonstop talking about Muslims when Trump came into office. At its core the tea party was about political tribalism and identity, which is why Ron Paul became less relevant than Sara Fucking Palin.

To some degree, it's a mark of respect. Criticism is more stressful coming from someone you respect--even if it's gentle and not personal.

So calling something "stupid" isn't supposed to be insulting in any way?

Unless you can articulate how calling something "stupid" is now somehow a sign of respect, you're just wrong.

I find it fascinating when people won't openly acknowledged their own bad behavior.
I already told you that I do not respect stupid opinions and quite frankly no one should. I never said I respected your original post and I clearly explained why I do not. On a personal level you seem like a nice enough guy and I do like that you are respectful.

I am not taking nasty personal stabs at you and you're probably playing the sensitivity card because you can't address the content of my criticism.

It's also notably amazing, and probably a really good sign that you're full of shit, that you can support Trump as your guy and yet get so upset because I said your post was stupid. Obviously tribal partisanship is blinding you from having conversations with people you disagree with since Trump is 1,000X more disrespectful and vulgar than I am.

Now if you want to get back to the heart of our disagreement cool, but I'm not going to address anymore whining from you.

To some degree, it's a mark of respect. Criticism is more stressful coming from someone you respect--even if it's gentle and not personal.
Good point and I'll take it as such to the extent I believe that's where it's coming from and not some form of trolling or something.

Jack just called me a liar only four minutes ago in this thread.

I have better things to do with my time.

Jack accurately pointed out that you were lying, and corrected the record. I wouldn't consider dispensing knowingly false information to be a better use of your time than investigating truth, but YMMV.

1st step in recovery from liberalism... Stop accepting facts and just call them alternative facts and continue believing only what suits your pre determined narrative

Liberalism is the belief in the perfectibility of human institutions. ("If we just add one more law, just regulate that a bit more, just restrict the access to this, and then we will finally have Utopia!)

Conservatism is the recognition that human nature is imperfect, therefore any institution run by humans is vulnerable to corruption. The larger the institution, the larger the likelihood for corruption.

Now if you want to get back to the heart of our disagreement cool, but I'm not going to address anymore whining from you.
The only whining in this thread is from liberals about the tea party after the battering on page 1. That is so 2008.

The only whining in this thread is from liberals about the tea party after the battering on page 1. That is so 2008.
Whining is not the same as a factual account of the Tea Party hypocrisy. The word you're looking for is criticism.

And yes, thankfully the Tea Party looks like a thing of the past. Sadly, Trumpism took it's place and that is probably worse.

The Tea Party wasn't even around in 2008. Started in Feb. 2009.

But fear not, if you stay true to the sacred fact, you will eventually arrive at conservativism
Ah, facts... I remember those good old days...

"President Trump Has Made 3,001 False or Misleading Statements So Far"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-so-far/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.06d182a73230

Then why should people take their demonstrably false claims of worry for the national debt seriously?

This thread isn't about claiming moral high ground; it's about pointing out obvious hypocrisy and the empty rhetoric the GOP uses to swindle its voters. (Or maybe that its voters willingly brainwash themselves with... it's getting hard to tell.)

Put it this way: You'd have a point IF Democrats consistently ran on a platform of reducing debt and spending. But they don't.

So, you'd have a point if you had a point.

Uhh... then it should be "nothing but political pandering" when Republicans do that very thing... and do it a thousand times as much, no?

Last edited:
Back