The GOAT heavyweight is......

Fedor is the most accomplished HW in MMA history. There isn't a credible argument to be made otherwise.

He defeated Schilt (worth metioning due to his kickboxing prowess), Noquiera, Filipovic, Sylvia, etc., lots of good opponents. His consistency also speaks for a lot. So many wins, so few losses, and that's despite being a heavyweight who has fought good opposition.
Scilt????? You can't be serious?? Filipocic who couldn't cut it in the UFC, same with Nouguiera. Also, let's not forget the scripted fights over at Pride and the fact that drugs were encouraged.

Fedor hands down. Just watch his Pride fights against top 3 fighters Nog and Crocop. Beat the best in their prime!!

He isn't??
Please enlighten us, which other goat he candidate with a long career, who could come back after 4 years of retirement at the age of 41, and dismantle a bigger, younger, more athletic fighter??
Please. I'm waiting anxiously.
Not Fedor, that's for sure

Chael Sonnen.

Not really.

Probably Fabrício Werdum.

Its still Fedor. He had the best run at HW even to this day.

Overall GOAT? I dont think so. Anderson, GSP and Jones have had better careers.
Please don't ever mention GSP and/or Fedor in a GOAT discussion. The GOAT can't be a boring blanket who picks his opponents carefully and can't finish a fight for years!!

Well, he would beat them, so he is the best MMA fighter ever.
I'm confident Holly knocks him out with a head kick so no he can't beat any of the fighters you mentioned when it's a fair competition that's not scripted

This merciless triggering of Fedor fans since last night's demolition has been beautiful to watch.

Stipe is already the GOAT HW. None can match him, now that he has come into his own.

Bullshit. He knocked Prime Arlovski dead, and Arlovski starched Bigfoot and punched Travis Browne all over the Octagon when he went back to the UFC.

Sure, you can bag on Arlovski now, and you can bag on Bigfoot and Browne, too, but they both flattened Overeem pre-USADA.

Bear in mind that post-USADA Overeem knocked out JDS and dropped Stipe, and is clearly still a top three opponent.

Fedor also beat Prime Big Nog black and blue twice. Nog has beaten Werdum, who completely broke the Almighty Cain, and even well past his prime Nog was still able to wreck Brendan Schaub, who embarrassed Mitrione when they fought.

Basically, if you look at the guys Fedor beat in their primes when he was at his best, and then look at the top flight opponents those same guys have gone on to beat while at the tail-heavy if their careers, it's clear he's achieved as high a level as anyone

The sad reality is that he's simply aged a lot worse than his contemporaries and near-contemporaries. The things that made him great – fearless aggression and an unparalleled ability to transition seamlessly between striking and grappling – were dependent on his lightning handspeed, strong hips, and phenomenal balance.

Without them, he's simply a good-but-not-great, boxing-oriented striker, with no traditional wrestling base or bottom game to speak of and far too small for the division.

The only reasonably high-level fighter at heavyweight who weighs in around Fedor's 236 lbs that I can think of his Kongo – except Kongo is far taller than Fedor (who is nearer 5'10" than 6') and much longer, which helps him stay out of danger better.

Honestly, if Fedor was as lean as Kongo is, he would likely be walking around at roughly 215 lbs. I think that's what Johny Hendricks says he (tries to) cut from – can you imagine putting him in the cage with a 250+ lbs heavyweight?
Do you even realize that Overeem never gotten the chance to fight your hero because your hero Fedor ducked him on multiple occasions?? And you do realize that the Arlovski fight was a scripted fight? Just rematch the fight and tell me how such a punch can knock anyone out cold!!!

You're right. Just like Michael Jordan isn't the GOAT since he came back at almost 40 and only averaged 20 points a game.
Michael Jordan played in the best league his entire career and faced top notch competition unlike Fedor!

He should have retired when Pride died and he would have gone down as the GOAT at heavyweight. Now, he has been passed by the evolution of MMA and every fight he's going to be in will tarnish his legacy. The same goes for BJ Penn and Anderson Silva.

I would like to add that if DC stayed at heavyweight he could have made a claim to be the GOAT. He could have had an amazing run.

Michael Jordan played in the best league his entire career and faced top notch competition unlike Fedor!
You think the UFC had the best HW fighters? And, how many did Fedor smash? Including how many UFC champs?

Back