THE FLASH TV Series 4.0 (Season 4 Discussion)

Since H.R.was there when Iris gets killed but he didn't seem to do anything, I think it's possible he might be there to prevent another version of Barry or Wally from interfering due to some calamity that it would end up causing.

It might not be HR Wells. Could be earth 2 Wells. I have not seen H.R. Wells carry a weapon.

Better episode this week, I enjoyed it. Psyched for seeing Grodd in the next one, too!

Vibrating/phasing the whole train was fucking badass.

In the comics Wally actually was faster than Barry. Or at least was eventually after taking over the Flash mantel after Barry's death.

As for the show, I'm not sure how they'll handle it. They might make Wally faster in straight-line velocity but not able to master all the tricks like phasing, arm typhoons, that sort of stuff. And have Wally remain impulsive and always go for the direct approach rather than thinking his way around problems. That'd help keep things interesting while allowing both characters room to do things the other can't.
Well, so much for that theory.

Gorilla City episode was fun-ish. Emo Jessie was not (sigh).

Wished they had a higher f/x budget for Gorilla City.

On the Marvel side, latest Agents of Shield episode (episode 15) was amaze-balls! Go check it out.

Best part was Tom Felton's Julian Dorn in the Gorilla City episode and making references to Planet of the Apes (which he also starred in).

tom-felton-fight.gif

200.gif

I really love the julian character. Fun episode imo

The next episode has to deliver.​

I hope they step their games up for the next one, because the last was...

tumblr_nvrli3rbhj1s3e4ido1_500_zpslfytnvmx.gif

Flash was alright, but the last 2 episodes of Legends of Tomorrow have been awful.

Flash was alright, but the last 2 episodes of Legends of Tomorrow have been awful.
lol you actually watch that crap?

I've seen literal Youtube fan videos that have put more effort.

lol you actually watch that crap?

I've seen literal Youtube fan videos that have put more effort.

It's a fun, campy show. It's fine when you don't take things too seriously, but saying that, the past 2 episodes have been bad even when not trying to take things too seriously.

It's a fun, campy show. It's fine when you don't take things too seriously, but saying that, the past 2 episodes have been bad even when not trying to take things too seriously.
That's fair.

My fun, campy show is Supergirl. It has the least amount of dumb interpersonal conflicts among the core cast of all CW superhero shows.

That's fair.

My fun, campy show is Supergirl. It has the least amount of dumb interpersonal conflicts among the core cast of all CW superhero shows.

I didn't care for Supergirl. I liked Martian Manhunter, but he wasn't enough to get me to stick around past Season 1.

That's fair.

That's odd, because I thought Supergirl would have the MOST interpersonal dumb conflicts. I tried to get into it in season 1 but, I just couldn't. Got up to... I think episode 5.

Only episodes I have watched since then were the crossover one with The Flash, then the first one of the 4-part crossover, which was pointless, cos they only 'crossover' part was the 30 seconds at the end, which they showed in The Flash, anyway!

I thought for sure the anti-alien gas they had in that Supergirl episode was gonna be a part of the crossover, bah.

I personally love Legends Of Tomorrow, I thought the problem with season 1 was they tried to be a bit too serious, even in the face of the ridiculousness of it all, whereas this year they have just gone full camp and, I love seeing Ray Palmer geek out every week.

The CGI looks ropey and, the fight choreography is pretty dire at times but, I still enjoy the fuck out of it, probably enjoying it the most out of Flash/Arrow/LoT this season, honestly.

I didn't care for Supergirl. I liked Martian Manhunter, but he wasn't enough to get me to stick around past Season 1.
Still fair.

That's odd, because I thought Supergirl would have the MOST interpersonal dumb conflicts. I tried to get into it in season 1 but, I just couldn't. Got up to... I think episode 5.
Nope.

Arrow, and to a lesser extent The Flash, are rife with them. In Supergirl, the only times there have been major interpersonal conflicts among the cast, they have been largely justified. They also weren't overly dramatic in their presentation and had realistic resolutions.

Alex's distrust of J'onn when she found out he was alien who assumed her director's identity? Justified.
Kara being angry at J'onn (then at Alex) for killing Astra to save J'onn's life? Justified and understandable.
Alex's reluctance about Superman's presence in their city, and Kara's reaction to it? Justified, rational, and logical.
Kara's anger at James and Winn for hiding that they worked together as Guardian? Justified, and anger borne of love.

Nope.

Arrow, and to a lesser extent The Flash, are rife with them. In Supergirl, the only times there have been major interpersonal conflicts among the cast, they have been largely justified. They also weren't overly dramatic in their presentation and had realistic resolutions.

Alex's distrust of J'onn when she found out he was alien who assumed her director's identity? Justified.
Kara being angry at J'onn (then at Alex) for killing Astra to save J'onn's life? Justified and understandable.
Alex's reluctance about Superman's presence in their city, and Kara's reaction to it? Justified, rational, and logical.
Kara's anger at James and Winn for hiding that they worked together as Guardian? Justified, and anger borne of love.

Well dang, I may have to give it another shot, then.

I'm still gonna struggle to get past the hurdle of Supergirl throwing "Shitty western TV/film girl punches" though. Hate that shit, makes me unreasonably angry.

Back