THE FLASH TV Series 4.0 (Season 4 Discussion)

Well dang, I may have to give it another shot, then.

I'm still gonna struggle to get past the hurdle of Supergirl throwing "Shitty western TV/film girl punches" though. Hate that shit, makes me unreasonably angry.
Oh, the action is definitely the sore spot of the show, but I look to the Marvel Netflix shows for good action.

Even Agents of SHIELD has better action than the DC CW shows.

That's fair.

My fun, campy show is Supergirl. It has the least amount of dumb interpersonal conflicts among the core cast of all CW superhero shows.

Legends of Tomorrow doesn't have much in the way of conflicts amongst its members anymore aside from them randomly turning Rip into a villain, which I don't like. I don't mind interpersonal conflicts as long as they don't go overboard with it. I don't like when they do too much of the relationship nonsense and it gets in the way of the show. Arrow has gone away from it likely due to the backlash. Flash seems to be picking up on that route, but I don't mind most of it outside of the Wally shit. The Barry/Iris stuff isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. This season it's pretty much him trying to find a way to save her. Hopefully he doesn't, kill that bitch off.

Had to skip the first 5-6 minutes and a few others, if only they'd focus solely on Grodd and the gorillas that would've been great. And killing is all of a sudden a problem now? That's new to me.

Oh and Cisco finally got some.

nWbYPDUxRWaVdbuURniO_tumblr_om480jjjMD1uqw734o3_540.gif

<{monica}>

That's odd, because I thought Supergirl would have the MOST interpersonal dumb conflicts. I tried to get into it in season 1 but, I just couldn't. Got up to... I think episode 5.

Only episodes I have watched since then were the crossover one with The Flash, then the first one of the 4-part crossover, which was pointless, cos they only 'crossover' part was the 30 seconds at the end, which they showed in The Flash, anyway!

I thought for sure the anti-alien gas they had in that Supergirl episode was gonna be a part of the crossover, bah.

I personally love Legends Of Tomorrow, I thought the problem with season 1 was they tried to be a bit too serious, even in the face of the ridiculousness of it all, whereas this year they have just gone full camp and, I love seeing Ray Palmer geek out every week.

The CGI looks ropey and, the fight choreography is pretty dire at times but, I still enjoy the fuck out of it, probably enjoying it the most out of Flash/Arrow/LoT this season, honestly.

That was my reasoning for abandoning Supergirl as well along with it's terrible action scenes.

Man, they're really going overboard with the all the boy scout shit on these shows lately.

He's the Flash, not the Punisher.

They're going overboard with it and it's not just this show, but all of them. At this rate, Felicity and Thea are going to be the edgiest characters on these shows.

This season has sucked.

yea really havent watched this season, stopped before the break i think somewhere around when british guy joined the team

stopped arrow after they killed off laurel, never watched LoT or supergirl

wish some network would do green lantern right, but would probably be tons of money for effects

I keep forgetting to mention this. The first time they revealed their plan to save Iris was to change all the other small events Barry saw in the future, I thought it was kinda dumb.

Example, the newspaper's headline is the 9/11 terrorist attack. There are also articles about Tom Cruise winning an Oscar, the Los Angeles Lakers winning the NBA championship and a bank was robbed of millions. Even if Flash prevents Cruise from winning an Oscar, the Lakers on winning the NBA Finals or stopping the bank robbery, none of these would likely affect the 9/11 terrorist attack from happening.

The Gorilla invasion was not as fun as I would have hoped. They didn't have a big budget for it and they just had the gorillas appear sparsely.

The show's science/physics are just wrong. The speedsters' speed punches should have obliterated the gorillas.

I remember a scene in the cancelled superhero show No Ordinary Family where Julie Benz was running at super speed and the belt of her coat grazed a car window and that window was smashed. That's how super speed should work.

Anyway, let's just say that their punches don't have any effect, they should have carried swords or steel bats. At super speed, those gorillas would have been dead meat.

Smh at the gorillas even managing to struck the speedsters when they're in super speed mode.

CW/Berlanti Plot Induced Stupidity and Abysmal Fight IQ strike again.

A CGI main villain was a terrible idea.

The Gorilla invasion was not as fun as I would have hoped. They didn't have a big budget for it and they just had the gorillas appear sparsely.

The show's science/physics are just wrong. The speedsters' speed punches should have obliterated the gorillas.

I remember a scene in the cancelled superhero show No Ordinary Family where Julie Benz was running at super speed and the belt of her coat grazed a car window and that window was smashed. That's how super speed should work.

Anyway, let's just say that their punches don't have any effect, they should have carried swords or steel bats. At super speed, those gorillas would have been dead meat.

Smh at the gorillas even managing to struck the speedsters when they're in super speed mode.

CW/Berlanti Plot Induced Stupidity and Abysmal Fight IQ strike again.

Why can Barry beat that one Gorrilla but for some reason cant beat Grodd?

I felt that was highly stupid

Barry is just a can for the most part

They nerf the hell out of him so they can put him in life threating situations

One episode he gets his ass kicked by a Gorilla and in the next episode he goes head to head with Savitar

If they made Flash as bad ass as he should be. He would just whip everyone's ass in like two seconds. And most the time his desire not to kill probably hurts him in fights.

I do get annoyed when he gets beat by random jobbers in the first fight every time though. But I get they have to drag it out cause if he just ran through and slapped the piss out of Captain Cold every time it would be boring.

Most these shows would be helpes by having less episodes.

If they made Flash as bad ass as he should be. He would just whip everyone's ass in like two seconds. And most the time his desire not to kill probably hurts him in fights.

I do get annoyed when he gets beat by random jobbers in the first fight every time though. But I get they have to drag it out cause if he just ran through and slapped the piss out of Captain Cold every time it would be boring.

Most these shows would be helpes by having less episodes.
yeah, I don't see the point in haveing 20 something episodes. I'd rather have around 13 with each episode having a bigger budget and a more compelling story line.

that said, I've enjoyed this season. guess I'm in the minority. still don't like HR though.

yeah, I don't see the point in haveing 20 something episodes. I'd rather have around 13 with each episode having a bigger budget and a more compelling story line.

that said, I've enjoyed this season. guess I'm in the minority. still don't like HR though.

I've been saying this for a while, in regards to all the CW shows. I think the Marvel Netflix ones could be trimmed down to 10 and all. Would make the plot a lot more focused.

That being said, I do like the random adventures-type episodes.

Like, the musical one they just had, I had a LOT of fun watching that! Was fecking great!

Flash is still my least favourite this season though, with LoT being top, then Arrow.

And I am not a fan of HR. He is ok, cos Tom Cavanagh is so good but, he is still the weakest link.... well, maybe the second weakest after Wally.

Fuck Wally.

Back