The Finals- anyone playing or into this?

mixmastermo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I keep seeing buzz on my Google feeds and ads for this game. As far as I can see no one here has ever talked about it.

I downloaded the game on Steam and played a few matches (and won). Environment destruction is nice but it appears to get any decent gear in this you have to spend real money.

Anyone else try this?

It's okay.

While I like the environmental destruction quite a bit, that's about all I do as I get bored with the rest pretty quick.

Also.. it bugs me that all the voices are AI.

Wow so not many people care. There's my answer.

I can go back to not playing this. Glad I didn't spend any money

Wow so not many people care. There's my answer.

I can go back to not playing this. Glad I didn't spend any money
I’ve been playing but there’s something missing. I feel like I have to push myself to start it up and not jump into something else. Hard to flesh out what that something is because it looks and plays great.

It’s maybe too sterile, to say, lacking character. It also wants to have the first to see, first to kill TTK of Duty but movement physics and verticality of Apex plus aesthetic funhouse, pop culture feel of Fortnite – but doesn’t quite deliver any of the above nor does it fail. Bit of a paradox, that.

Brutal space in gaming too. Curious to see their MM times over the next few months. I can certainly recommend installing and playing a few matches, to see. You’ll be making a run at vaults against two other teams and trying to steal, then deposit and defend your payloads, haul.

I’ve been playing but there’s something missing. I feel like I have to push myself to start it up and not jump into something else. Hard to flesh out what that something is because it looks and plays great.

It’s maybe too sterile, to say, lacking character. It also wants to have the first to see, first to kill TTK of Duty but movement physics and verticality of Apex plus aesthetic funhouse, pop culture feel of Fortnite – but doesn’t quite deliver any of the above nor does it fail. Bit of a paradox, that.

Brutal space in gaming too. Curious to see their MM times over the next few months. I can certainly recommend installing and playing a few matches, to see. You’ll be making a run at vaults against two other teams and trying to steal, then deposit and defend your payloads, haul.
Low TTK is low-skill cancer.
R.60b6ae82937813050dba5910b1d2c13b

the input latency feels bad on my 5700 xt. ive tried a lot of optimization things but i cant seem to make it run any smoother.

It’s maybe too sterile, to say, lacking character.
That was my exact reaction upon playing it. It's set in a virtual environment, right? So, why is everything so bland? I played around in the tutorial area and tried one match, and I have no desire to play it again.

Low TTK is low-skill cancer.

From what ive seen it seems very bullet sponge like with its classes.

Just confirmed it. TTK ranges from 400ms to 3.6 seconds depending on the primary used.

Give it a shot?

That was my exact reaction upon playing it. It's set in a virtual environment, right? So, why is everything so bland? I played around in the tutorial area and tried one match, and I have no desire to play it again.
It really is bland, feels soulless. The character creator felt like some AI art, in fact that's what the game felt like, a randomly generated AI thing.

The aesthetic is bland but the gameplay is fantastic. The competitive FPS market has been stale for a while now, this game was much needed.

I played again last night for about 30m.

Something that struck me was the map design. Far too many dead-ends that lock up momentum en route to objective and team markers.

They should better interconnect maps and also ditch the fallthrough (death) design if you mantle any one building or land edge. Playing on and crossing floating islands, essentially, should be fun and not a chore of catch-up.

I played again last night for about 30m.

Something that struck me was the map design. Far too many dead-ends that lock up momentum en route to objective and team markers.

They should better interconnect maps and also ditch the fallthrough (death) design if you mantle any one building or land edge. Playing on and crossing floating islands, essentially, should be fun and not a chore of catch-up.

As the fat I'd charge through a wall and fall to my death.. Couple times of that and I just play a different game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back