The chatter on the board is all wrong. Erceg should get an immediate rematch

Living and training in Australia he is probably used to absolutely dominating his sparring partners in grappling and finally faced someone who was better in that field. This should be a huge learning experience for him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the belt in the next couple of years

Yeah I’m sure it’s hard to find elite flyweights in Australia to spar with no doubt, he’ll be back no doubt

Yeah I’m sure it’s hard to find elite flyweights in Australia to spar with no doubt, he’ll be back no doubt
Especially in Perth. It's an extremely remote city (4 hour flight from the east coast where most people live) with a population of 2 million people.

Easy 3-2 to score. Sad for Erceg, he threw the fight away in round 5. I get it why he tried to go to the ground, as Pantoja seemed depleted, but after the first scramble he should have known better. I have no doubt he comes back even stronger from this. 1 top 5 fight for him and then a rematch.

If this fight wasn't in Brazil, Erceg would be champ.

Pantoja didn't do any damage.
Gave erceg 4 rounds, pants didn’t land squat, master class in boxing, dumb takedown by erceg, but it didn’t lead to anything…..

Erceg already got his gift title shot and lost.., he can have his little moral victory but there is no reason he should be gifted another title shot.

Have him fight someone like Mokaev or Perez next.

Saying "the better guy lost tonight" over and over again doesn't make it true. Erceg had a chance to prove he was the better fighter tonight. He acquitted himself well -- better than I expected him to, frankly -- but still fell just short. It is what it is.

Eager to see how he develops from here regardless. Plenty of fun match-ups ahead for each man.

My thought was that Erceg wanted to take it to the ground at that point in the 5th because he thought he had the round locked up after he opened up another major gash on Pentoja face, which absolutely should have given him that round and the win.

Nah, Erceg did great but we need less Ultimate Rematch Championship, not more

And if we had to accept a Royval rematch with Pantoja, at least it wouldn't be back-to-back

Erceg should fight Moreno, Albazi, or KKF imo

Saying "the better guy lost tonight" over and over again doesn't make it true. Erceg had a chance to prove he was the better fighter tonight. He acquitted himself well -- better than I expected him to, frankly -- but still fell just short. It is what it is.

Eager to see how he develops from here regardless. Plenty of fun match-ups ahead for each man.
Same. Let's here less about what you think and talk about how Erceg needs to improve his grappling if he wants to stay competitive with the top FW. Mokaev Albazi and Pantoja again.

And if we had to accept a Royval rematch with Pantoja, at least it wouldn't be back-to-back

Erceg should fight Moreno, Albazi, or KKF imo
Moreno looked terrible last fight. I think Erceg walks right through him.

Gave erceg 4 rounds, pants didn’t land squat, master class in boxing, dumb takedown by erceg, but it didn’t lead to anything…..
I have to watch it back to see how I score it. When I watch the fight live it's hard for me to score. It was very close. I had Pantoja 3-2. Most of the time when I rewatch the fight I score it differently.

No need for an immediate because the division is already shallow enough as it is. Dude was ranked #10 fighting for the belt. He'll probably be back fighting for the belt after 2-3 good wins.

control time should mean fuck all if theres a clear winner in damage. especially if theres no danger in the positions. judges need to be blank slated. no one from prior ruleset allowed to judge. I'm even a pantoja fan and barely even had Erceg on my radar, but a ridiculous outcome.

He's ranked #10, he should focus on other contenders first

He's ranked #10, he should focus on other contenders first
They said the same thing about Islam. He didn't deserve the title shot and Chandler didn't understand how Islam could be favored over Charles. It wasn't competitive. I think here Erceg is the better fighter and would be favored in a rematch.

They said the same thing about Islam. He didn't deserve the title shot and Chandler didn't understand how Islam could be favored over Charles. It wasn't competitive. I think here Erceg is the better fighter and would be favored in a rematch.
He should face Brandon Moreno or someone else, have a couple more fights.

Most knew Islam was going to be champ, top dudes were ducking him like the plague.

Last edited:
Guys are getting knocked out or dominated and get immediate rematches. This fight was close. I think the better fighter lost tonight. I don't think Erceg is a stupid fighter or has bad fight IQ. I think he's inexperienced in such a high-level fight against such a great fighter like Pantoja. He knew Pantoja was tired and thought he could dominate him on the ground. Pantoja is slick on the ground and kept on digging deeper. I also thought Erceg's corner didn't do him any favors. Erceg beat up Pantoja in that fight. He deserves the rematch and I think he beats Pantoja clearly in a rematch. In a sport/company with so many undeserved rematches, this is one that needs to happen. Book it Dana!
Put it on the Perth Card!

I mean they’ve already demonstrated it’s actually “The Ultimate wetblanket, stall and don’t attempt any subs Championship” by constantly rewarding these guys getting beaten bloody by the better fighter and prioritising control time over damage and the impactful shots when it comes to scoring.

Back