The Anime and Manga Thread v48

Finished season 4 of My Hero Academia and it looks like It's fading........ was thinking about starting Black Clover .......... is it worth it? Was wanting to check out Frieren with all the buzz around it but I can't find it other thsn paying 30 bucks for 12 episodes on Amazon.
Frieren is on crunchyroll.

I really enjoy black clover, but it's just generic Shonen stuff

Finished season 4 of My Hero Academia and it looks like It's fading........ was thinking about starting Black Clover .......... is it worth it? Was wanting to check out Frieren with all the buzz around it but I can't find it other thsn paying 30 bucks for 12 episodes on Amazon.
I read the manga of Black Clover for a while. It's standard shonen. It fills that niche well, but if you're a veteran of the genre then the lack of any innovation will slowly erode your interest until your left asking yourself, "Haven't I seen this all before?" Dunno about the anime adaption; good animation could make it worthwhile.

I think Black Clover is worth the watch, but it depends how picky you are when it comes to these type of cliche shonen series. Animation and fight scenes are good, I enjoy most of the main characters and the plot keeps me engaged. I personally can't wait until they restart the series again whenever that may be.

I thought season 4 was the worst of MHA. If that's the underground mafia season which I think it is. It picks up after that again IMO.

Block Clover starts off pretty good and then gets kind of boring for a bit. Then it really picks up after that and it gets way better. They have fillers which were bad and apparently they aren't going to do that anymore.

I thought season 4 was the worst of MHA. If that's the underground mafia season which I think it is. It picks up after that again IMO.

Block Clover starts off pretty good and then gets kind of boring for a bit. Then it really picks up after that and it gets way better. They have fillers which were bad and apparently they aren't going to do that anymore.
I might switch to Hulu and watch the next 3 seasons of MHA. I think k they dropped a newer one recently on Netflix that looked decent in Jutjistu I thi k its called.

I might switch to Hulu and watch the next 3 seasons of MHA. I think k they dropped a newer one recently on Netflix that looked decent in Jutjistu I thi k its called.

If you're talking about Jui jitsu Kiasen then yes that's a must watch. The first season is basic shonen stuff and I honestly couldn't even rewatch it when season 2 came out. Season 2 is amazing and is worth the basic plot of season 1.

It is standard normie shonen then it picks up in season 2.

That last episode of Delicious in Dungeon was shockingly brutal. The show has been on a bit of a dark streak in the last few episodes but the latest one took me by surprise by how much
character deaths it presented and how vicious their deaths were.

But resurrection magic... so it's all good. :cool:
I'm watching 3 episodes at a time
So thanks for ruining the surprise. It was a great episode but you really should have put the whole thing under spoiler tag..smh

Delicious in Dungeon is funny and love the art style

Just finished watch Dr Stone on Netflix, the show is decent but lot of wasted potential and some nonsense, some things in character design give me 90s anime nostalgia vibes

I'm watching 3 episodes at a time
So thanks for ruining the surprise. It was a great episode but you really should have put the whole thing under spoiler tag..smh
My bad. I'll be more careful next time.

violet evergarden, series then movie

right in the gut.....

Demon Slayer season 4 is here! All is right in the world again.

img_kv.jpg

Bandai Namco Holdings released its financial report for the fiscal year of 2024 (which ended on March 31) on Thursday, reporting that the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise, the iconic Mecha Scifi Anime franchise that began with the first Mobile Suit Gundam series in 1979, earned a total of 145.7 billion yen (about US$934.78 million) during the year, setting an all-time highest sales record for the franchise. Bandai Namco Holdings forecasts that the franchise will earn 145.0 billion yen in the fiscal year ending in March 2025.

Reports credit the success of both Witch from Mercury, the first Gundam anime series with a female protagonist that gained popularity among younger viewers and Gundam SEED Freedom, the film sequel to both Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny that became the highest grossing film in the franchise, driving much of that profit growth.

This recent profit surge helped Gundam became the most profitable Anime IP in Japan, beating Dragon Ball that achieved 140.6 Billion Yen, DB's winning streak ending after a 6 year dominance.

Last edited:
Back