The 2nd Amendment...

helltoupee

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know that the primary reason for the right to bear arms is as some kind of protection against tyranny.

My question is, when does the people's right to revolt become valid? When the majority of our citizens become disillusioned with the government? Is there a certain critical mass that must be reached?

What kind of oppression would be required by the government for you guys to think that exercising your 2nd amendment rights would be ok? Does the Patriot Act qualify? Wars on Drugs? Asset forfeiture laws? Obama spying on Americans? Unfair taxation? Gun control? All of those added together? Or only just full blown martial law?

For example, if Trump enacted a police state in order to quell rioters or something, would you be willing to give up your freedoms for more protection (curfews/checkpoints/stop and frisks/etc)? Or would that be an act of treason against 'the people' and taking up arms against the state would be justified? What if, in order to root out Muslims, Trump wanted to send ICE into each and every Americans home to search for them? Would you open your doors?

I guess what I'm asking is if our government is basically free to do what they want, up to a certain point, where is the line drawn in the sand? And how many people need to agree that this line was crossed for people to justifiably revolt?

I know that the primary reason for the right to bear arms is as some kind of protection against tyranny.

My question is, when does the people's right to revolt become valid? When the majority of our citizens become disillusioned with the government? Is there a certain critical mass that must be reached?

What kind of oppression would be required by the government for you guys to think that exercising your 2nd amendment rights would be ok? Does the Patriot Act qualify? Wars on Drugs? Asset forfeiture laws? Obama spying on Americans? Unfair taxation? Gun control? All of those added together? Or only just full blown martial law?

For example, if Trump enacted a police state in order to quell rioters or something, would you be willing to give up your freedoms for more protection (curfews/checkpoints/stop and frisks/etc)? Or would that be an act of treason against 'the people' and taking up arms against the state would be justified? What if, in order to root out Muslims, Trump wanted to send ICE into each and every Americans home to search for them? Would you open your doors?

I guess what I'm asking is if our government is basically free to do what they want, up to a certain point, where is the line drawn in the sand? And how many people need to agree that this line was crossed for people to justifiably revolt?
The right to revolt is only valid if you win. It's always been that way.

When the federal government does shit like this to your populace...

That's a crazy hypothetical. It would have to be something pretty extreme for people to willingly risk life and limb to deter.

When the federal government does shit like this to your populace...

So if that happened in America, would you be ok with 200 million people rioting in the streets and attempting to topple the state?

Meh most right to bear arms people want to carry while shopping at Walmart.

A heavily armed apparatus of the Gov't would make them shit their pants.

That's a crazy hypothetical. It would have to be something pretty extreme for people to willingly risk life and limb to deter.

I'm asing because this hypothetical is a big reason for the 2nd amendment.

When they show up on my doorstep to confiscate my arms!

ckJPRj8.gif

I realize that. I'm just asking when you think it would be justified.

Certainly a severe curtailment of civil rights like you described would be a red flag for a lot of people.

I think the US would be more vulnerable to a military coup in a lot of ways. For one, public trust levels in almost every facet of our government are very low. Checked Congress' approval ratings lately? But the level of trust in out military is significantly higher. I don't see this as a current possibility, but an assassination or something like that with some unforeseen political disaster and who knows? I believe Americans take political stability for granted more than they should.

So if that happened in America, would you be ok with 200 million people rioting in the streets and attempting to topple the state?

Maybe so. You really need to watch the entire video. In the end, it will be the easiest conquest in history. One culture will be eradicated for another and entirely due to federal government policy.

I guess it's something you'll know when it happens.
We're nowhere near armed revolt, life's still way too accommodating and comfortable.Armed revolt means giving up your Starbucks and social media.

Most people would only take up arms if something truly impacted them directly in a negative way. It would have to be something very very extreme for a large enough population to be that pissed off about.

Now the second is about protecting home and person.

If anyone thinks they can take on the Gov't with a gun they are and idiot.

Take the gov't to court and get a good civil rights lawyers that will take the case pro bono(to those right-wingers those lawyers aint republicans)

Now the second is about protecting home and person.

If anyone thinks they can take on the Gov't with a gun they are and idiot.

Take the gov't to court and get a good civil rights lawyers that will take the case pro bono(to those right-wingers those lawyers aint republicans)

If there is one thing we learned from the Iraq invasion, it's don't underestimate the dangers of an insurgency.

Didn't fact check these.

1. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves against their ethnic-cleansing government, were arrested and exterminated.

2. In 1929, the former Soviet Union established gun control as a means of controlling the “more difficult” of their citizens. From 1929 to the death of Stalin, 40 million Soviets met an untimely end at the hand of various governmental agencies as they were arrested and exterminated.

3. After the rise of the Nazi’s, Germany established their version of gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves against the “Brown Shirts”, were arrested and exterminated. Interestingly, the Brown Shirts were eventually targeted for extermination themselves following their blind acts of allegiance to Hitler. Any American military and police would be wise to grasp the historical significance of the Brown Shirts’ fate.

4. After Communist China established gun control in 1935, an estimated 50 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves against their fascist leaders, were arrested and exterminated.

5. Closer to home, Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayans, unable to defend themselves against their ruthless dictatorship, were arrested and exterminated.

6. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves from their dictatorial government, were arrested and exterminated.

7. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million of the “educated” people, unable to defend themselves against their fascist government, were arrested and exterminated.

8. In 1994, Rwanda disarmed the Tutsi people and being unable to defend themselves from their totalitarian government, nearly one million were summarily executed.

Back