Thank god Rob didn’t get robbed

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Pun intended but all seriousness this felt like a fight that the judges would get wrong. Thank god the judges got it right.

Costa basically had nothing for Rob except for the meme technique spinning heel kick.

How does that work though, rob won 4:45 of round 1 and Costa landed a damaging head kick in the last 15s but rob didn’t go down.

Personally I’d give it to rob or a draw round at worst.

I'll have to re-watch it but I would be fine with either guy getting the win.

Robert took a lot of meaningful damage in the second round, but had more output. The third round looked like hard sparring and I would lean towards Rob but only marginally.

Excellent fight. Rob showed a ton of heart and guts. Costa is still clearly world class.

more like Robbery Whittaker continues his streak of gift decisions. Only dude I’ve seen win decisions after getting sent to the shadow realm

30-27 is just wrong. I wanted rob to win but I thought he lost 1,2 but just my opinion.

Bobby knuckles is no more! He’s lost a step

How does that work though, rob won 4:45 of round 1 and Costa landed a damaging head kick in the last 15s but rob didn’t go down.

Personally I’d give it to rob or a draw round at worst.

Rob most certainly did not win 4:45 of round 1, that is such an absurdly dumb hot take I can barely believe I'm typing this.

Costa was out in front early, then Rob started scoring more. In a round where there is marginal point fighting from both guys, and one guy nearly gets KO'd on their feet and does the chicken dance, only a moron would have a hard time scoring it.

more like Robbery Whittaker continues his streak of gift decisions. Only dude I’ve seen win decisions after getting sent to the shadow realm
You must not understand how the scoring works. Thank god you’re not a judge.

Rob most certainly did not win 4:45 of round 1, that is such an absurdly dumb hot take I can barely believe I'm typing this.

Costa was out in front early, then Rob started scoring more. In a round where there is marginal point fighting from both guys, and one guy nearly gets KO'd on their feet and does the chicken dance, only a moron would have a hard time scoring it.
You are way off the fucking mark on this one, Rob was outlanding Costa significantly in round 1 before the head kick. Go rewatch it.

This, the second Romero fight was a joke decision. This fight could’ve gone either way.

I'm surprised people are freaking out about 30-27. I had it 30-27. Yeah, Costa landed a helluva spinning head kick that out Whittaker on skates but he didn't even drop him with it. A head kick and a bit of stanky leg doesn't make up for 4:50 of ass kicking IMO.

Thought it was an obvious 29-28 Whittaker really. Not quite as obvious as the CCC v Merab fight earlier but similar in the sense that all three rounds were not too difficult to find a winner in.

You must not understand how the scoring works. Thank god you’re not a judge.

Yeah im sure I would’ve scored it 30-27 for Rob like the corrupt UFC cronies and gifted Ian Garry a decision for running away three rounds.

You are way off the fucking mark on this one, Rob was outlanding Costa significantly in round 1 before the head kick. Go rewatch it.
I believe you missed Costa jabbing Robs face in many times

Rob was blocking two hard head kicks with his arm and they clapped him both times. He also ate a bunch of jabs and leg kicks.

At absolutely best you can say it was a competitive round 1 with Rob having an edge until he nearly got murdered.

You know you're deploying fantastic mental gymnastics if you call the most damaging and effective strike of the fight 'meme technique' lmao

Whittaker handily outstruck Costa every round. Costa landed a beautiful spinning head kick and a few good shots but otherwise I can't see how you don't give Whittaker every round, bar the first one based on one damaging shot in the last few seconds.

Back