Tell me Something About This Ivan Shtyrkov Guy

The Reed

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ivan-Shtyrkov-200139

I've kinda been out the loop lately for non-UFC or Bellator MMA but came across this guy. Sounds impressive. Quite a few big names on his record and at 11-0 with heavyweight being a barren wasteland for talent, I thought I'd see more threads on him, plus his record is only a little less impressive than Minakovs.

So what can you tell me about him that fight finder can't? What's his background? Did he look impressive against Bigfoot? Is he the new Fedor? Will his contract with promotion 'x' stop him from stepping up to the next level? Can he pass a USADA test?

idk about his background but his fights are a little shady. Check YouTube, his fights are mostly up there

idk about his background but his fights are a little shady. Check YouTube, his fights are mostly up there
Shady in what way? Worked or just favourable refereeing/judging? I watched his fights with Defries and Monson, looked legit. Plus he subbed Monson which is impressive(even by todays standards).

Shady in what way? Worked or just favourable refereeing/judging? I watched his fights with Defries and Monson, looked legit. Plus he subbed Monson which is impressive(even by todays standards).
According to Monson if was supposed to be an exhibition and they tricked him. Also the Bigfoot ref was horrible and possibly on the take.

Back