*Tell me something about Stockton, California*

It is like the Flint of Michigan. There is your normal drugs, gangs, violence, etc but what it is mainly is poor and uneducated with a lot of unemployment. Just to give a few comparisons:

Unemployment rate

Stockton:14.20%.
United States average: 6.30%

Income per captia

Stockton $19,906
United States average $$28,051

I dunno about it mainly being about poor and uneducated. Both Stockton and Flint are significantly more violent than the national average, especially Flint. From what I've read the murder rate in both Flint and Detroit is more than twice the worst city in California.

Murder Rate
Stockton: 16.4
Los Angeles: 6.7
Oakland: 19.5

Property Crime Rate

Stockton: 4390
Los Angeles: 2128
Oakland: 5943

its a shit hole in the middle of nowhere. Drugs and car theft is rampant. However i doubt it compares in danger level to some inner city parts of los angeles or oakland. Having been to stockton a few times, i never felt scared, place just looked fucking miserable. Ive spent time in lots of bad parts of california and nothing compared to oakland. Crenshaw, south central, watts all looked like a picnic compared to some of the shit i saw in oakland.
Stockton is bad, but man I think Oak town takes the cake. That place is fucked up for real.

I stayed at a hotel there, and it was nice. The whole area seemed pretty good. The hotel was right on the water, and there was a nice park around it. My daughter was a baby at the time, and I pushed the stroller around the park, and it was nice. Minor league baseball stadium nearby. Outdoor shopping area across the street. The town's kind of in the middle of nowhere, though.

Some pics from that area:

waterfront_sunrise__hero.jpg

36634301.jpg

This is the hotel:

15336863.jpg

Obviously, I didn't see most of the town, and the economic stats are bad.

Stockton is bad, but man I think Oak town takes the cake. That place is fucked up for real.

There are parts of Oakland you don't want to go, but most of it is pretty nice. About half of the houses in Oakland are worth more than $600K.

Whats the worst place in Oakland?

If i drove through in a rented lambo as a white male how would i fair? Lol

You'd be totally fine. You wouldn't be the only white male with a really expensive car on whatever day you did that. Stay away from the Colosseum unless a game is getting out or starting. Lower Bottoms also is somewhere to avoid. Really, though, from my experience the worst things about Oakland (as someone who lives really nearby and goes in once a week) are Asian drivers and hipsters.

having never been to the north of california would any of you say stockton is a more dangerous or more depressed area than oakland?

The vast majority of Oakland is neither dangerous nor depressed.

Last edited:
Definitely. To be honest, G Parkway and Oak Park are sketchier than any part of Stockton that I've seen.

what oak park are you talking about the one in Socal where all the rich live? Maybe there is another "oak park" in no cal. But we have Oak park in socal and its one of the nicest areas to live with insanely expensive housing almost like Beverly hills. I live in hollywood, ca and its way shittier.

I dunno about it mainly being about poor and uneducated. Both Stockton and Flint are significantly more violent than the national average, especially Flint. From what I've read the murder rate in both Flint and Detroit is more than twice the worst city in California.

Murder Rate
Stockton: 16.4
Los Angeles: 6.7
Oakland: 19.5

Property Crime Rate

Stockton: 4390
Los Angeles: 2128
Oakland: 5943
They are some of the shitholes of their state no doubt. (Detroit and Flint are pretty much the two worst in MI), And more violent than the average. I am just saying it's not like Stockton is somehow set apart from other dangerous cities. There are a lot of cities just as bad when it comes to violence.

But it is that ghost-town feel to it as far as jobs. If you go to Flint so many factories have been shut down and houses abandoned. And it is just a lot of poor people hanging around outside. I have never been to Stockton but it sounds very similar.

it's where teh 209 9s at mother fucker

They are the shitholes of their state no doubt. (Detroit and Flint actually), And more violent than the average. I am just saying it's not like Stockton is somehow set apart from other dangerous cities. There are a lot of cities just as bad when it comes to violence.

But it is that ghost-town feel to it as far as jobs. If you go to Flint so many factories have been shut down and houses abandoned. And it is just a lot of poor people hanging around outside. I have never been to Stockton but it sounds very similar.

Oh ya, you're right. I get you now. And Stockton isn't even the most dangerous town in the US compared to places like Detroit, St Louis and Memphis. It's bad, but it's not the worst.

Every bodega, gas station and convenience store sells wolf tickets right out in the open, the cops don't do nuffin.

Their own city gov, bankrupted the city... Not a Cali native, Midwest east coast lived at, but a neighbor told me why that is so fucked a few years back.

That wouldn't be right. A city going bankrupt is a obviously symptom of economic problems rather than a cause. Total citywide income drops, gov't receipts fall, infrastructure repairs get neglected and become more expensive jobs later, people leave for work, causing revenue to fall more, etc.

If you are Caucasian, I would stay out big those places lol

Has a bomb wing place name smittys and people park backwards gotta be on the go

Stockton is complete shit.

Drive in Stockton for a few hours and you'll see cars with shattered windows on every block. Full of dumbass gangbangers as well.

Due to a number of socio-economic problems, Stockton has been subject to a series of negative national rankings:

• In a 2010 Gallup poll, Stockton was tied with Montgomery Alabama for the most obese metro area in the US with an obesity rate of 34.6 percent.
  • In the February 2012 issue of Forbes, the magazine ranked Stockton the eighth most miserable US city, largely as a result of the steep drop in home values and high unemployment.
  • In 2012 the National Insurance Crime Bureau ranked Stockton seventh in auto theft rate per capita in the US.In 2012, Stockton was ranked as the tenth most dangerous city in America and the second most dangerous in California (behind Oakland).
  • In 2013, Stockton was ranked as the third least literate city in the U.S. in a study by Central Connecticut State University, with less than 17% of adults holding a college degree, and ABC.com ranked the city as the third least literate of all U.S. cities with a population of more than 250,000 behind Bakersfield, California, and Corpus Christi, Texas.
So Diaz bros grew up in a tough neighbourhood, that explains why they had trouble adjusting to the norms in the UFC that other fighters take for granted. I don't know why they're anything but admirable. Anytime someone makes it out of a hard life it's cool imo. Even if they end up having some quirks thats fine.

That wouldn't be right. A city going bankrupt is a obviously symptom of economic problems rather than a cause. Total citywide income drops, gov't receipts fall, infrastructure repairs get neglected and become more expensive jobs later, people leave for work, causing revenue to fall more, etc.
Not from Stockton or Cali yo, but she my neighbor who at the time lived across from me in Jacksonville Florida, said the city was already hurting bad, and the city gov invested a ton in making their city look pretty, with the hope of attracting tourism or proximity revenue... I dunno. You're prolly right, I ain't gonna visit the 209, but that's what she said.

I think what you're saying and what I heard are most likely the main contributing factors.

i live a few hours away from stockton and it isn't tooo bad, more boring and depressing then dangerous (and even then, the danger is usually aimed at other criminals).

It's a lot more dangerous than Pete Sell made Bayshore, NY out to be.

Lol i live 40 min from bayshore and worked in there for a month. Its got its good and bad parts like everywhere else. Except the nice parts are million dollar mansions on the water since it is long island, NY. And you got a lot of poverty and drugs on the other side of the tracks.

If you are Caucasian, I would stay out big those places lol

I'm totally unfamiliar w/ Stockton but imagine it might be similar to Vallejo (relatively close by). As with most situations, the places that are economically depressed are the higher crime areas. Unless one lives in a neighborhood nearby, there's no reason to be there unless you're up to some sketchy shit or passing through, etc.

Honestly, in the Bay Area, I've always felt safer everywhere than in a place like the south side of Houston. Plus, people coexist better here and don't just automatically write each other off because of racial differences like in the South (my personal experiences). People brushing Oakland with one broad stroke of shitiness are off, IMO. There are some nice parts too but it's historically been a working class city. Maybe comparable to Manhattan's Staten Island?

I'm not sure why Nick and Nate's Academy is in Lodi but maybe it has to do with the economic situation in those respective towns.

Back