Multiplatform Tekken 8

Personally I haven't had a single issue and love this game.

The story was epic as fuck too.

I might have to get this. I wasn't planning on it because fighting games just aren't my thing anymore but ive heard nothing but praise and it looks awesome.

Would you guys say there is enough single player content to justify $80? I probably wont play online much.

I've got it working now that I've troubleshooted the antivirus/firewall shit.

Now just trying to dial in the graphics settings. This really makes me want to build a new PC. I built this current one for the Tekken 7 release so it's a bit dated now.

Never in my life would I think I would main Jin but here we are.

im playing Paul and Nina, both an assailant level so far I'm loving it.

I've got it working now that I've troubleshooted the antivirus/firewall shit.

Now just trying to dial in the graphics settings. This really makes me want to build a new PC. I built this current one for the Tekken 7 release so it's a bit dated now.
whats your rig?

This is epic, but i feel this way against reina players. They're getting very annoying

She's definitely difficult to deal with. She has so many stances, transitions, and mixup options. It will take a while to get a read.

Raven is really evasive on this one too.

The game feels a little slower than Tekken 7, but it could just be the lack of familiarity at the moment. I love the way Hwoarang feels, but even more than that I fucking love Yoshimitsu in this game. I think I'm going to make him my new main in this one!

The game feels a little slower than Tekken 7, but it could just be the lack of familiarity at the moment. I love the way Hwoarang feels, but even more than that I fucking love Yoshimitsu in this game. I think I'm going to make him my new main in this one!
Shit I was thinking this game was almost too fast. All those rushdown moves that catapult you forward into that heat mode shit.

To be honest I really don't like heat mode and I never liked the rage stuff from Tekken 7 either. I guess they feel the need to advance the gameplay but I prefer base Tekken combat like what we got in Tekken 5.

I do like how fucking impactful everything feels in this game though. Overall really like the game but still trying to adjust to the new fight mechanics.

Shit I was thinking this game was almost too fast. All those rushdown moves that catapult you forward into that heat mode shit.

To be honest I really don't like heat mode and I never liked the rage stuff from Tekken 7 either. I guess they feel the need to advance the gameplay but I prefer base Tekken combat like what we got in Tekken 5.

I do like how fucking impactful everything feels in this game though. Overall really like the game but still trying to adjust to the new fight mechanics.
After playing more, I think that feeling of slowness is coming from the heat mode and rage system. It seems like there are a lot of moments during the fights now where heat is activated and there's that quick cutaway animation followed by a heavy hit, or I get hit with a rage art and I have to watch that animation and wait for it to end. Additionally, even when heat mode throws you into those rushdown combos, from a defensive perspective it's dull because you have to just stand there and block (or sidestep and wait), and offensively you're just doing an auto-combo, so you just sit and watch. It feels like there are less moments where I am trying to notice patterns and think tactically, and more where I am just trying to be first so I can make sure I get my combo off and not let the momentum swing in my opponent's favor. At least to me, this kills the feeling of "speed" because it's just the game moving fast, instead of demanding my pattern recognition and decision making to be fast. It's still a great game imo, and I am having fun with it, but I agree that the Tekken 5 approach of just letting the base combat system do the talking was better. Tekken 8 still has the new factor, but before T8 my friends and I had abandoned T7 and went back to Tekken Tag 1. We'll see if the same happens with this one.

After playing more, I think that feeling of slowness is coming from the heat mode and rage system. It seems like there are a lot of moments during the fights now where heat is activated and there's that quick cutaway animation followed by a heavy hit, or I get hit with a rage art and I have to watch that animation and wait for it to end. Additionally, even when heat mode throws you into those rushdown combos, from a defensive perspective it's dull because you have to just stand there and block (or sidestep and wait), and offensively you're just doing an auto-combo, so you just sit and watch. It feels like there are less moments where I am trying to notice patterns and think tactically, and more where I am just trying to be first so I can make sure I get my combo off and not let the momentum swing in my opponent's favor. At least to me, this kills the feeling of "speed" because it's just the game moving fast, instead of demanding my pattern recognition and decision making to be fast. It's still a great game imo, and I am having fun with it, but I agree that the Tekken 5 approach of just letting the base combat system do the talking was better. Tekken 8 still has the new factor, but before T8 my friends and I had abandoned T7 and went back to Tekken Tag 1. We'll see if the same happens with this one.
Good points. Ya on the defensive side I guess it slows down. I do hate that wait and block as that rushdown comes at you, then its like this rock paper scissors shit on whether the attack is high low or grab. Not a big fan defensively. Also hate those drawn out animated specials. I liked the old Tekken specials which were charge attacks that leave you super vulnerable and actually required some technique to pull off.

Leading up to this game I was playing a lot of Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection and Tag 1 HD on the RPCS3 emulator.

Story Mode related spoiler:

Jin using Mishima Style in the final battle HOLY FUCK! Wish that was available outside of the story mode.

Back