Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat XL, Street Fighter 5

CableandThanos

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
I just bought my kids a switch and me a PS4.

I bought all the fighting games. Out of the three, which has the easier game play as far as moves and combos go? Which do you think has the longest playability and which is the most fun.

Cant wait for the new marvel vs capcom.

Also does a joystich versus D pad make that much a difference?

I'd say that Tekken is more intuitive to get hang of even though movelists are big. Each button corresponds to a limb on character so generally if you remember a move in your head, you have pretty good idea how to do it.

Kazuya does a move with two left jabs and hard right punch= left punch, left punch, right punch

Kazuya crouches slightly and does a right hook to body= downforward and right punch

etc.

Mortal Kombat XL is probably the easiest of the three. Those games were designed for a pad and there aren't any difficult motions. It's also the best as far as single player content goes and the netcode is better than the other two by far. However, the game won't have any more content now that Injustice 2 is out.

The most fun depends on what you like. All 3 of those games are different.

Pad vs Stick depends on the player. Go with what you're most comfortable with.

I'm a huge MK fan and would say it's the best of the 3 but I've been playing a lot of Tekken recently because it's newer and MK is getting a little stale.

Fight Stick > D Pad > Joystick

Tekken 7 easily.It's also the least graphic IMO (MK is pretty violent if you care etc)

Tekken 7 - you can mash in that game and make cool strings come out - I'd recommend lithe character eddy gordo to newcomers and just mash the kick buttons.

I don't recommend getting a joystick if you've never used one before - you would needs to spends months training your muscle memory to use it accurately and you can get same results on pad for most fighting games/fighting game characters.

Tekken for sure is the most intuitive IMO off the bat but has a lot of depth when you get into it.

Stay away from Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2. It's gorgeous and has awesome gameplay but will give you a migraine with its deep learning curve and fast action.

King of Fighters is worth checking out.

If you have the money get a fight stick I think it's worth it to start learning now but a dpad is fine as well. For me it's like the difference between an automatic or manual transmission.

Last edited:
If your kids Love superheroes you should spring for IJ2. Although a little graphic, it'll have all of their favorites and more. Looking at it from a kids point of view, MK & SF would probably appeal to them more than Tekken IMO. Both of those games are filled with goofy characters that make some funny animations (Birdie for example). The SF series has always brought some WTF is this guy doing and why do his arms stretch across the entire screen?

I do agree that Tekken is much easier to have fun playing right off the bat because you can mash into combos. In SF, you can't really do that. Having your kids play and learn SF will allow them to learn a little bit of how MvC:I will play as far as the motions go. All 3 IMO are fantastic games with SFV having the biggest fan base split. For beginners to the series though, you wouldn't know what you're missing so that's good.

Yeah you should check out Injustice 2 I haven't tried Tekken 7 but Injustice kept me play longer then MKXL and SF5 with the Multiverse.

MK is the easiest to play (easy move inputs and forgivable combo timing), Tekken 7 is the most fun and easiest to be competitive with, SF5 has the biggest learning curve (although much easier than SF4 and SF3:TS) and is a lot harder to compete in.

That said, I'm enjoying Tekken 7 way more than I did SF5. I was honestly so disappointed in SF5.

Back