Teen asks GOP candidate about silly climate change claims & donations; he insults her, crowd cheers

Well, body heat DOES warm up a physical space and Pennsylvania IS the 5th most populous state with over 12 million people.

That's 12 million little furnaces working. That's just bound to create some warmth, isn't it? But these liberals are immune to logic and common sense.
Oh Jesus Christ

FFS, these baby boomers need to hurry up and die
I posted this yesterday in a different thread like 15 minutes after you posted this. I wonder if it was a coincidence or if I subconsciously copied you.

Full disclosure:

Whenever I hear someone talking about how "we need to do something about climate change!", I'm always reminded of the tale of King Canute, the king of Denmark.

One day he wanted to show the power of his government, so he set his throne down on the shore and commanded the tide: "obey your King, I demand the tide not come in!"

Needless to say, mother nature ignores all man-made proclamations. Our attempts to ease the anxieties of those who forecast some kind of climate catastrophe will be as effective as the proclamations of King Canute.
Perhaps we should be concerned by the people carting away the sand; the tide only comes in further now.

The folks here ridiculing the teenager for asking a pertinent question just boggles my fucking mind.

Well, body heat DOES warm up a physical space and Pennsylvania IS the 5th most populous state with over 12 million people.

That's 12 million little furnaces working. That's just bound to create some warmth, isn't it? But these liberals are immune to logic and common sense.
hold-me-back-gif-5.gif

It is rather annoying when a smug brat asks a question that someone older obviously came up with and then the media jumps all over it with a misleading "young child embarrasses politician with powerful question" headline. We can all come to agreement and say both the politician and the teenager are idiots.

You seem to have a low opinion of how smart and thoughtful 18 yo kids can be.

Sure he's an asshole, whatever. If we cut the BS, the gov. of Pennsylvania couldn't do shit about climate change. The big boys aren't lifting a finger to do anything about it. China doesn't give a shit. Nor does Russia or India. The EU is good at making speeches and pretending they care, but in real terms they've barely done anything either. Countries are not and will not hamper their own production to meet the margins they promised, and those margins are still nowhere near what's needed. The only way this is happening is through technology, alternative sources of power need to become naturally competitive with the highly polluting ones. Solar is kind of getting there but it needs more attention.

I disagree, but why wouldn’t somebody running for Governor simply say what you just said?

You seem to have a low opinion of how smart and thoughtful 18 yo kids can be.

There are definitely a few young people who have their shit together. I am not outright denying that some young people are capable of achieving incredible things at a young age. Generally speaking, most eighteen year olds are extremely naive compared to someone who has been alive longer. A cub will never be as wise as an old lion.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are definitely a few young people who have their shit together. I am not outright denying that some young people are capable of achieving incredible things at a young age. Generally speaking, most eighteen year olds are extremely naive compared to someone who has been alive longer. A cub will never be as wise as an old lion.

Except that "proverb" doesn't apply to humans. Plenty of dumb older people to prove that.

Like in this interaction. The largest amount of niavity being displayed is by the candidate who both things body heat is responsible for weather change and that it would require being a scientist to have better sense then that on the subject.

There you have an old lion that is clearly not winning any wisdom contests.

Except that "proverb" doesn't apply to humans. Plenty of dumb older people to prove that.

Like in this interaction. The largest amount of niavity being displayed is by the candidate who both things body heat is responsible for weather change and that it would require being a scientist to have better sense then that on the subject.

There you have an old lion that is clearly not winning any wisdom contests.

I'm the perfect example of an old lion that is not winning any wisdom contests. I am weak coward who never taken responsibility for anything in my life.

Exactly.

That guy is infuriating. "are we here to elect a governor or a scientist?" America is not Spain during the Inquisition. Since when is science and governance mutually exclusive in the United States?

Full disclosure:

Whenever I hear someone talking about how "we need to do something about climate change!", I'm always reminded of the tale of King Canute, the king of Denmark.

One day he wanted to show the power of his government, so he set his throne down on the shore and commanded the tide: "obey your King, I demand the tide not come in!"

Needless to say, mother nature ignores all man-made proclamations. Our attempts to ease the anxieties of those who forecast some kind of climate catastrophe will be as effective as the proclamations of King Canute.

What other lessons are there to be learned from this King you mention?

Anything about farming, or do you stick to the tried and true methods of our ancestors (cause nature)?

LMAO at these garbage hacks trying to deflect this into the child's "life experience."

What about experiencing real life would lead someone to conclude that body heat is the real culprit for climate change?

Having kids and like a mortgage and stuff gives you the wisdom to speak on science bruh.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back