Taylor/Pavlik officially signed

I'm not a huge Taylor fan but the guy gets too much shit for winning fights.He beat Ouma. So what he didn't KO him.

He went to a draw with Wright. No real shame there.

Beat Hopkins twice. Thats huge.

Be nice to see Taaylor against a fighter less defensive. This may be a very good fight.

It's nice to see him against a Middleweight.

Pavlik will KO him.

I doubt that. I'll pick Taylor by KO. Pavlik is agressive and thats great. You know what I think may get him in trouble though? His agression. When he opened up on Miranda, he was wide open for shots many times. His defense when out the window everytime he opened up.

At first, I didn't like Pavlik, didn't know who he really was.But after that class fight with Miranda. I'll root for the guy to get a KO. How many good well-spoken fighters that are smart average joes do you have in boxing how a days? I think he can dominate the Middleweights with that kind of chin. Jermaine is good, and beat Hopkins because he fought, not really because he was the overwhelmingly better boxer. Palvik will fight, Jermaine will not, atleast from what I take from the Spink's fight.

I doubt that. I'll pick Taylor by KO. Pavlik is agressive and thats great. You know what I think may get him in trouble though? His agression. When he opened up on Miranda, he was wide open for shots many times. His defense when out the window everytime he opened up.

Yeah but Miranda fought back while taking a beating. Taylor hasn't shown initiative to fight back that hard in a while. Theoretically it could happen, because some guys are at their best when they're forced to be by the opponent, but given Pavlik's size, power, endurance, and that he has a notable Amateur background of his own, it's a tall task to ask Taylor to come back over the top of him for a stoppage.

Yeah but Miranda fought back while taking a beating. Taylor hasn't shown initiative to fight back that hard in a while. .

And thats why he was stopped. IMO, Taylor is a smarter fighter and will look for shots with more intelligence than did Miranda. I don't see Pavlik KOing Taylor. Hre may outwork him and win on points but no KO.

I'll be there and will be rooting for Pavlik. It's nice to see AC getting a good fight.

I'll be rooting for Pavlik but I see Taylor taking another close possibly controversial decision. Hopefully the old addage that styles make fights will hold true for this one and the fight will be exciting. Taylor is always reluctant to open up and his last several fights have been against opponents that are more known for defense, therefore no exciting fights. I will be really interested to see how Jermain reacts to an opponent that is gonna bring the heat for 12 rounds.

I just can't see Taylor KO'ing Pavlik man. Pavlik has a pretty solid chin and Taylor isn't exactly a KO artist. I say if Pavlik can walk through Miranda's shots then he can damn sure walk through Taylor's.

I agree though in that I doubt we'll be seeing a Pavlik KO of Taylor either.

It'll be an exciting fight.

miranda has more power then taylor and pavilik took his shots. Pavlik hits hard and is an oldschool style pressure fighter who can bang you and take your will. JT will be in for a tough fight and he better keep his left hand up instead of inside his pocket cause pavlik will capitialize on that.

Pavlik is arguably the best guy in the division, while I don't believe anyone of sound mind thinks Taylor is the best middleweight in the world. Taylor is very gun shy, is scared to get hit, and against a guy who hits very hard, takes a great shot, and is very accurate, its going to cost him. Pavlik will KO him if he tries to fight back, if he fights the regular Jermain Taylor style, he loses a decision.

Brooklyn is always on the money.

I take Taylor. I know many will disagree with me but Pavlik's aggression is the primary reason why I take JT.

Taylor's jab will be the difference in this fight and JT won't have to go very far to find Pavlik. We know what Pavlik is bringing on the 29th.

When Miranda was in trouble he started to fire the power punches with the occasional jab. Miranda's jab, although effective, isn't on the level of Taylor. Nor does Miranda use it enough for my taste.

I believe JT's jab will control the stalking Pavlik. It will give Pavlik something to think about before getting into his punch range. With Miranda he worried primarily about looping punches, which take longer to land, but do way more damage. A good jab like the one I think JT has won't give Pavlik the time like he had with Miranda's looping punches.

Rooting for Pavlik but taking JT in this one.

Back