News Tatsuro Taira vs Kleydson Rodrigues OFF of tomorrow's card - Rodrigues missed weight

FoDir4G.gif

One of the only fights worth a damn... What a disappointment.

That sucks. Was looking forward to seeing him fight.
UFC fighters fight so rarely and then you finally get a fight, go through all the training camp, maybe fly somewhere and then you opponent misses weight and the bout is off, damn. 90% of the other person's purse should be handed to you + a win bonus.

I would REALLY not like to wait long to see Taira fight again but unfortunately, the Singapore timeframe probably aligns Taira's time need to re-cut his weight for some other opponent.

Really wanted to bet on this one, lots of people were smelling an upset. I think the line opened at nearly +500 and was +200 the last I saw.

I don't think so... The matchup was ok for both guys. Taira is talented but he needs to be tested, he is reckless and relentless at the same time. I think he would win regardless, but one step at a time.
There's better guys you could put him up against though, preferably someone who isn't just as reckless in Kleydson.

I mean, Taira finished the guy who beat Kleydson, so the matchup doesn't make much sense. It's not like Rodrigues beat anyone good since either, it's a step back imo.

So at what point does one start talking about a forced divisional change by the promotion?

I know, I watched the fight, Kleydson still struggled heavily with him, far more than Taira did.
I know and I don't disagree with you completely. I only think Taira must be tested accordingly and Kleydson is enough strong striker to put a test on Taira, both reckless but Taira seems better. He seems better, we don't know. Too much for him right now wouldn't help.

I don't think they are keeping Taira placed low on the card because they're not high on him, but they've been doing it to better accommodate the timezones for Japanese viewers to watch.

I think he's also probably on the typical 4 fight contract, thus about to renegotiate after his next fight. The ufc always like to bury the fighters that are about to renegotiate contracts.

To be honest.... It was a poor piece of matchmaking.

Would have been a great fight, would have been interested to see how Tatsuro dealt with a guy who's got good BJJ who's explosive as fuck on the feet. It was no gimme.

There's better guys you could put him up against though, preferably someone who isn't just as reckless in Kleydson.

I mean, Taira finished the guy who beat Kleydson, so the matchup doesn't make much sense. It's not like Rodrigues beat anyone good since either, it's a step back imo.

Yeah it was a bit peculiar. No issues with kid gloves for Taira, but Kleydson specifically didn't make sense to me.

Yeah it was a bit peculiar. No issues with kid gloves for Taira, but Kleydson specifically didn't make sense to me.
His compeition hasn't been world class but weight issues aside Kleydson can def bang, it's not like Taira has polished stand up. I think it'd have been a good fight and measuring stick for both if Kleydson wasn't a fatass.

Back