Social Target Pride merchandise only available at select stores after rightwing backlash

Question for you.

Let's say you have a kid going though some serious emotional issues and a trusted doctor recommends therapy.

You take your kid to therapy and because the issues are serious, it goes several sessions. Finally, the therapist says your kid is experiencing gender dysphoria; affirmation therapy is probably required.

You find another doctor, looking for a second opinion and other options. Several sessions later you get the same diagnosis.

You're a clever guy and you find a therapist endorsed by a conservative institute. They tell you to be firm with your kid because it's just a phase and will pass.

Are you satisfied with the third diagnosis?
You’re suggesting I transition my child because 66% of the diagnosis say I should?

Also, I have no idea where such a hypothetical question would have even stemmed from in this conversation.

You’re suggesting I transition my child because 66% of the diagnosis say I should?

Also, I have no idea where such a hypothetical question would have even stemmed from in this conversation.

Affirmation therapy isn't "transitioning your child", but it doesn't matter. Your reaction answers my question exactly.

Affirmation therapy isn't "transitioning your child", but it doesn't matter. Your reaction answers my question exactly.
Affirming that they are not what they were born as isn’t transitioning them to something else?

My reaction that I wouldn’t go with something that was only 66% agreed on but would cause life altering consequences?

Furthermore, I’m laughing that you believe there are in-depth psychology discussions happening in all cases prior to transitioning.

If such an event were to occur, I’d likely take a break from society for a year or so and then tackle it after the detox.

Affirming that they are not what they were born as isn’t transitioning them to something else?

My reaction that I wouldn’t go with something that was only 66% agreed on but would cause life altering consequences?

That's not what affirmation therapy is. If you're going to speak against something, you should spend at least a few minutes on research. I'll help out although you won't trust me: It's the process of helping a child in distress manage these issues in a supportive environment. Pushing the child in one direction or another is strictly prohibited.

You reaction is meaningful because even though I went out of my way to suggest strong political bias in one of the diagnoses, you still consider it an weight.

Jon Stewart pressed a conservative politician to name the organizations who supported her anti-trans legislation and she said she couldn't remember... She couldn't remember organizations she used to create law. Does that sound likely to you? Or does it sound more likely she refused to name them on TV because they were obviously bullshit organizations created for expressly political reasons?

It's the process of helping a child in distress manage these issues in a supportive environment. Pushing the child in one direction or another is strictly prohibited.
yeah, right. that's why it's called AFFIRMATION. sounds totally equidistant :rolleyes:.
hey i'm just going to rename my kitten drowning club - THE INSTITUTE FOR FELINE AFFAIRS.

dude, nobody believes you.

Furthermore, I’m laughing that you believe there are in-depth psychology discussions happening in all cases prior to transitioning.

If such an event were to occur, I’d likely take a break from society for a year or so and then tackle it after the detox.

All cases? How would I know?

I trust parents to make these decisions with doctors and therapists. I know what the protocols are because so many people lie about it I looked into it. In depth discussions are 99% of the process. I don't actually believe your answer, I believe if you had a child in distress and two doctors in a row spent the time with you to talk about what your child was experiencing, I don't believe you'd shop around for a more comfortable diagnoses.

Tavistock shit the bed because the UK made the horrible decision to funnel all cases in the United Kingdom though one institute, and they were completely overwhelmed. This is being rectified.

All cases? How would I know?

I trust parents to make these decisions with doctors and therapists. I know what the protocols are because so many people lie about it I looked into it. In depth discussions are 99% of the process. I don't actually believe your answer, I believe if you had a child in distress and two doctors in a row spent the time with you to talk about what your child was experiencing, I don't believe you'd shop around for a more comfortable diagnoses.

Tavistock shit the bed because the UK made the horrible decision to funnel all cases in the United Kingdom though one institute, and they were completely overwhelmed. This is being rectified.
You should believe my answer.

I think you’re being a little outlandish by saying affirming a belief isn’t essentially making a transition.

Part of affirmation is changing names and the like — that’s a transition.

You should believe my answer.

I think you’re being a little outlandish by saying affirming a belief isn’t essentially making a transition.

Part of affirmation is changing names and the like — that’s a transition.

No, it isn't.

Peterson lied about the protocols, people called him out on them, so I read them. As some conservatives have pointed out, there are giant reddit threads dedicated to gaming the system, because the system isn't an expressway to transition.

Affirmation is a name almost as terrible as defund, and it doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

Aren't you the guy who 3/4ths of your post are about trannies?
No, although I’m not sure what that would have to do with my question one way or another… so what is your opinion on the high rate of correlation between childhood abuse and homosexuality?

Question for you.

Let's say you have a kid going though some serious emotional issues and a trusted doctor recommends therapy.

You take your kid to therapy and because the issues are serious, it goes several sessions. Finally, the therapist says your kid is experiencing gender dysphoria; affirmation therapy is probably required.

You find another doctor, looking for a second opinion and other options. Several sessions later you get the same diagnosis.

You're a clever guy and you find a therapist endorsed by a conservative institute. They tell you to be firm with your kid because it's just a phase and will pass.

Are you satisfied with the third diagnosis?

gender dysphoria is the correct diagnosis, but affirming it is not, the same reason no therapist worth their salt affirms an illness like anorexia.

in one study, 90% of cases of gender dsyphoria stopped on it's own, but i would still pursue therapy, the sane kind, not the progressive shoot your kid up with cross sex hormones kind.

most kids who show up in gender clinic have autism and or have suffered physical, emotional, or sexual abuse, and or their mother has borderline personality/munchausen by proxy.

Affirmation is a name almost as terrible as defund, and it doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

"don't worry, it's not what you think it is".

we've heard this pitch from leftists so many times and it's always a lie, not saying you but them. messing with language and hiding agendas with double meanings and manipulation is what they always do, and no one buys it.

"gender affirming care"

this is the road they're setting them on...

Both words mean exactly what they mean. You're just trying to desperately change the definitions of words, because what they mean doesn't line up with your bullshit.

Both words mean exactly what they mean. You're just trying to desperately change the definitions of words, because what they mean doesn't line up with your bullshit.

Read the protocols and report back when you have a clue about what you're talking about.

No, although I’m not sure what that would have to do with my question one way or another… so what is your opinion on the high rate of correlation between childhood abuse and homosexuality?

Why are 90% of your post about trannies?

Back