Taking the plunge...opening my own school (Euless Tx)

NateTx4112

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So I was given and opportunity recently to open my own gig and I kind of pushed it off. I've been teaching at a JKD school as a temporary instructor for a buddy who had ACL Surgery and just training on my own.

Guy who owns a building came back to me with an offer I couldn't refuse to start my own thing and run it how I see fit. I have 3 guys who said "I'd sign up, lets do this" so...Looks like Sloth BJJ will be opening soon.

I was nervous having the conversation with my main instructor Monday night but he was SUPER supportive and happy for me and that was a huge relief. 1st classes are slated for Monday April 17th and looking forward to it.

Having a logo designed, website made, etc is a lot of effort but it's moving along nicely. If you are near Euless Texas would love to have you drop in anytime.

So I was given and opportunity recently to open my own gig and I kind of pushed it off. I've been teaching at a JKD school as a temporary instructor for a buddy who had ACL Surgery and just training on my own.

Guy who owns a building came back to me with an offer I couldn't refuse to start my own thing and run it how I see fit. I have 3 guys who said "I'd sign up, lets do this" so...Looks like Sloth BJJ will be opening soon.

I was nervous having the conversation with my main instructor Monday night but he was SUPER supportive and happy for me and that was a huge relief. 1st classes are slated for Monday April 17th and looking forward to it.

Having a logo designed, website made, etc is a lot of effort but it's moving along nicely. If you are near Euless Texas would love to have you drop in anytime.
Good luck. I'm training at peak and I live in Grapevine down the street from Euless. Gyms are popping up all over the place. I really wish you the best.

I'll go check you guys out and say hi.

That's awesome dude. Congrats. Not sure how close you are to Houston but next time I'm out in Texas I'll make sure to stop by

That's awesome. SLOTH jiu jitsu sounds perfect. I come to Texas a couple times a year. I will have to check it out

Congrats :)

Congratulations! That's something I want to do in the future. Hopefully I can get by some time. I'm Houston so not exactly close but definitely will be on my list of places to visit.

Good luck. I'm training at peak and I live in Grapevine down the street from Euless. Gyms are popping up all over the place. I really wish you the best.

I'll go check you guys out and say hi.
I dropped in at Peak last friday to roll with Jonathan Akard. He told me to wear my old purple belt rashguard...and then wreck all his blues and purples haha.

That is awesome man. That is my dream when I retire from the Marine Corps. Unfortunately I still have 10 years left.

Congrats man! I want to open my own school in the future, so this resonates and makes me happy to see you making a big jump. I hope all works out well for you!

good luck man. how are you building your website? if it's wordpress I'd be more than happy to help if need be

good luck man. how are you building your website? if it's wordpress I'd be more than happy to help if need be
Actually am doing it with WP. Someone is helping me but I'm struggling to get it set up still.

I wish you the best of luck with the new school. I hope it all works out smoothly for you. Please share some pictures and your website when you get a chance. A logo with a sloth should be cool.

Actually am doing it with WP. Someone is helping me but I'm struggling to get it set up still.
i'll IM you if you want help. Free of charge for a sherbro.

also, have you explored fiverr? lot's of great services for cheap relating to graphic design/word press stuff

f
i'll IM you if you want help. Free of charge for a sherbro.

also, have you explored fiverr? lot's of great services for cheap relating to graphic design/word press stuff
fiverr is who is doing my logo.

Rough draft was done with MS paint by my wife:

Good luck brother. Wh6 the name Sloth though? I'll be near Houston next year

Good luck brother. Wh6 the name Sloth though? I'll be near Houston next year
It's my nickname...and you are given nicknames haha.

Basically my style is slow/methodical up the middle passing. I don't move fast and when I do it's only when I want to. Very heavy pressure, static holds and killer grips.

Back