TakeDown Defense GOAT of Every Weight Class?

Nerd?

You can't possibly be as young as that kind of language would suggest, given your join date. It's pretty sad, and I seriously advice you reconsider how you carry yourself. Grow up.

You're so upset at a few words, but you won't address the topic at hand or any points presented to you. That, my nerdy friend, is more indicative of someone that needs to grow up. Especially when the words you're shitting your pants about are movie quotes.

You think GSP has better TDD than Usman or no?

Lol how do you guys not have him on ignore yet.

Gotta admit, nerds, I love making the GSP kids squirm with facts. It's astonishing how history, math, and reality be damned to that lot.

You're so upset at a few words, but you won't address the topic at hand or any points presented to you. That, my nerdy friend, is more indicative of someone that needs to grow up. Especially when the words you're shitting your pants about are movie quotes.

You think GSP has better TDD than Usman or no?

No, I think probably Usman is overall superior to TD defense, though I think relying on raw statistics without careful analysis is preemptive and doesn't paint an accurate picture. I don't have a horse on the race either way.

What I am concerned about, however, is your degree of maturity. You must be over thirty. And you act like a self-aggrandizing, middle school wannabe bully, who thinks his use of "facts" puts the "GSP fanbois" in their place.

It's pretty pathetic, actually.

Lol how do you guys not have him on ignore yet.

Yeah, honestly, that's on us. I thought I could maybe get him to snap out of his maladapted stupor. But he's beyond repair, sadly.

Has anyone ever taken Mark Coleman down?

Can't recall if Randy Couture took him down or not.

Can't answer that, but in my head I've always known that Fujita did. 2000 gp maybe? I really gotta go and rewatch all of that... Fantastic

Couture did from a clinch in the second round, whatever round it was that Couture finished him. Fujita didn't. They threw in the towel as Fujita shot in.

No, I think probably Usman is overall superior to TD defense, though I think relying on raw statistics without careful analysis is preemptive and doesn't paint an accurate picture. I don't have a horse on the race either way.

What I am concerned about, however, is your degree of maturity. You must be over thirty. And you act like a self-aggrandizing, middle school wannabe bully, who thinks his use of "facts" puts the "GSP fanbois" in their place.

It's pretty pathetic, actually.

Oh, ok. So you initially called me "stupid" because I said "Fuckin amateurs, dude." You're ignorant to the fact that this is a movie quote. Insulting a person's intelligence due to your own ignorance and assumptions is what I would call immature, childish, pathetic, and all those other words you're trying to project on me.

Saying "nerd" or "nerds" is a reference to another movie, slick. You're mad about that too. Weird.

The other kid was talking about his tdd vs his mom and sister, genius. You're both acting like children. Kids go ad hominem when they don't have an argument.

Tell me again how the #2 all-time leader for TDD, across all divisions, isn't #1 in his weight class. It doesn't matter who your favey is, fella.
See, I never mentioned my stats vs mom. Now you look even dumber.

Oh, ok. So you initially called me "stupid" because I said "Fuckin amateurs, dude." You're ignorant to the fact that this is a movie quote. Insulting a person's intelligence due to your own ignorance and assumptions is what I would call immature, childish, pathetic, and all those other words you're trying to project on me.

Saying "nerd" or "nerds" is a reference to another movie, slick. You're mad about that too. Weird.
LoL you're just an unpleasant dude. Ignore list is a dear friend.

See, I never mentioned my stats vs mom. Now you look even dumber.

Oh, my bad, dawgy. It was vs your sister at your mom's house. That changes everything. GSP is totally #1 now.

Hendricks is at 46% - landed 2 on GSP, and is not on the top 10 list for tds.

Kos - 48% - landed 2 on GSP - not top 10 for tds.

Mayhem - 28% - landed 1 - not top 10 for tds.

Penn - 55% - landed 1 - not top 10 for tds.

Hughes - 50% - landed 2 - not top 10 for tds.

Menjivar - 28% - landed 2 - not top 10 for tds.

All of these guys, except Hendricks, were smaller than GSP too.

Most of these takedowns were early in Georges Career to be fair. and these are all elite wrestlers. Nothing wrong with getting taken down by them. Plus lets be honest Prime Johny Hendricks would most likely destroy Usman anyways so theres no shame in being taken down by him.

Most of these takedowns were early in Georges Career to be fair. and these are all elite wrestlers. Nothing wrong with getting taken down by them. Plus lets be honest Prime Johny Hendricks would most likely destroy Usman anyways so theres no shame in being taken down by him.

I'm not saying there's shame in any of it. I'm just listing the numbers.

The person I was responding to was insinuating that the #8, 9, and 10 on the UFC all-time takedown list having low-ish td% rate meant that they weren't as good at takedowns as people who weren't on the list.

• 6 people took GSP down multiple times
  • 1 person took Usman down once in 17 UFC fights
  • GSP is at 83%
  • Usman is at 97%

How many wrestlers or takedown artists did Usman face?
How many wrestlers or takedown artists did GSP face?

Oh, right.....

Usman faced 30% of this list. He faced one of them twice. GSP faced 0%. Do they not qualify as "takedown artists"?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516_180546_Chrome.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 2
@Fioretti is a textbook example of being book smart but not real-world smart.

So, you're suggesting that the stats aren't a reflection of the really real world? GSP somehow has the greatest off all-time WW TDD without actually having it? Please elaborate.

Came here to mention a few who I believe are the GOATs of TDD.
Aldo, Tibau, GSP. Up and down, that's more debatable.
Barão had great TDD at 135 then. For over 30norn35 fights.
Weidman, up MW.
Machida for years just thrashed wrestlers with speed, precision and that old reliable sumo base.
HW... JDS, and some brief monsters like Carwin, maybe?
I like this thread.
Carwin stuffed Lesnar's early attempts but got taken down after he was gassed. I also remember JDS surprising him with a couple of TDs. While I'm sure his TDD was solid, he only had 14 fights and the first 8 or 9 were against journeymen. I don't think he has enough relevant fights to put at the top--just my opinion.

So, you're suggesting that the stats aren't a reflection of the really real world? GSP somehow has the greatest off all-time WW TDD without actually having it? Please elaborate.
Stats with no context don't tell you much. Like I said earlier, GSP fought 6 D1 guys, several of them All-Americans, and several of them he fought twice. He also fought many other good grapplers like Sherk, Shields, Karo (judo), etc. Usman simply hasn't fought many good wrestlers and neither Covington nor Woodley had much interest in trying to take him down. So no, the stats between the two aren't comparable at all.

Back