Tag team matches

Where?
I am from Russia and can't remember something like this.
Не пизди короче)

tumblr_mzt325ZTYz1tqfd1to1_400.gif

The switches have to be "live", or it's just two fights scored as one. So here's how you do it:

One live round, either 15 or 25 mins, depending on the fighters involved, BUT at every switch the judges will score that portion, so scoring will show several portions. Each team has 1-3 switches for 15 min fights and 3-5 for 25 mins, so there's always some switches, but some fights will have more than others. Switches can only be called for in a neutral standing position, meaning neither fighter is against the cage.

If a fighter gets finished, that portion is scored a 10-7, and the other fighter has to fight the rest of the fight, BUT if the finish happens before the first switch or before the 5 min mark, the fight will be reduced to 15 mins despite the original scheduling.

Also, I doubt anything like this would ever happen at a top promotion.

Sure. If the UFC can have women fight, then it can have tag team fights.

LOL.

I love it how you thought this all out, explained it well and even mentioned the bit about it not being some WWE rip off...And then everyone just comes in and shits all over you anyway.

It actually sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe do it 5 rounds and not mandatory switches though. Or maybe you have to switch fighters at least once. Would be cool to see some of the strategies top camps would come up with considering those rules.

Haha. If you had a tag team FW match and MM was in it, he could just go 3 rounds against one guy and then 2 more against the other and you wouldn't need to sub him out for a breather at all.

Oh, and what happens if one guy gets finished? Is he out and the other guy is in there alone until he gets finished or the rounds are up?

Yeah I was thinking the second guy would have to finish the bout alone, all rounds etc.

Zst did that already. And it was great.

Noobs.

Just watched a Zst tag team match, seems like not so bad of an idea. I like the fact that it keeps fighters so fresh and we see more action.

If the combined weight of one corner is the same as one person from the other corner then it should be 2 on 1. Example: fighters in corner A are two manlet flyweights at 125 a pop combine to weigh 250 right? The first fighter from corner B is a HW at 250, therefore making this match a 2 on 1er. Someone call Dana fucking White, this is the future of the sport.

You just made me really curious about what would happen with 2xMM vs Bork. Maybe it deserves its own thread...

The switches have to be "live", or it's just two fights scored as one. So here's how you do it:

One live round, either 15 or 25 mins, depending on the fighters involved, BUT at every switch the judges will score that portion, so scoring will show several portions. Each team has 1-3 switches for 15 min fights and 3-5 for 25 mins, so there's always some switches, but some fights will have more than others. Switches can only be called for in a neutral standing position, meaning neither fighter is against the cage.

If a fighter gets finished, that portion is scored a 10-7, and the other fighter has to fight the rest of the fight, BUT if the finish happens before the first switch or before the 5 min mark, the fight will be reduced to 15 mins despite the original scheduling.

Also, I doubt anything like this would ever happen at a top promotion.

This seems to be an okay way to go about it.

Back