SW Champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk thinks Michelle Waterson will beat Rose Namajunas...

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Reigning UFC strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk will seek to defend her title for the fifth time when she takes on Jessica Andrade on May 13 at UFC 211. And after that, Jedrzejczyk already has her next opponent in mind: former Invicta FC titleholder Michelle Waterson, who meets Rose Namajunasin a high-profile title eliminator on April 15 at UFC on FOX 24.

“I’m impressed with her,” Jedrzejczyk said of Waterson on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. “Let’s see. She has a good fight coming up with Rose, so we will see. We will see. I think that she might be my next challenger after I beat Jessica.”

Following UFC on FOX 24, the winner of Namajunas vs. Waterson will most likely stand as the highest ranked strawweight in the UFC’s official media-generated rankings to not have already suffered a loss to Jedrzejczyk (excluding Andrade).
And when it comes down to it, Jedrzejczyk doesn’t sound too impressed by what she has seen and heard from “Thug Rose.”

“You know what’s weird? Like, I met Rose. I have so much respect for this girl,” Jedrzejczyk said. “I think she’s one of the most talented strawweights in the UFC, but she needs more experience. But, I think there is something wrong with her head.

“She got her chance to fight the Polish chick. But she lost to her and now she says ‘oh, I want to fight Joanna, I want to beat her, I know how to beat her.’ Come on. Get your chance, beat the best, and become a challenger. It’s so crazy.”

Jedrzejczyk pointed to a recent meeting she had with Namajunas to further illustrate what she meant.

“The thing is, like, I met her in Denver,” Jedrzejczyk said. “We shake hands, we spoke to each other. And two days after, I heard that she was like, ‘oh, I want to beat Joanna.’ Shut up. You had your chance to beat Karolina and Carla Esparza before, and some others, but you just lost. Come on. Work hard, get your ass to the gym, put on better fights, and you’re going to get this title shot.

“But be honest. If you don’t like me, don’t shake my hand and don’t talk to me. Don’t talk behind my back. I’m kind of a straight person and this is what makes me mad. I’m good with that, but I think Michelle Waterson will [beat] Rose.”

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/1...ects-to-fight-michelle-waterson-after-ufc-211

<6> @ Joanna looking pass Andrade...

And <36>  @ her getting mad at Rose. For crying out loud you're the champion and she is a challenger. Of course she's wants to beat your ass! You have what she wants which is the belt!

I think most of what JJ thinks gets lost into translation.

To bad Joanna has to fight another Brazilian mutant, baby cyborg

Well, yeah.

I don't think it's going to be close.

And, something is wrong with Rose's head. Everybody knows it. And that's not meant to put her down. It's a fact.

I think most of what JJ thinks gets lost into translation.
i think she just doesnt fit the mold of what ufc fans are looking for - shes too bad ass and alpha to say what everyone wants to hear - shes a predator and doesnt like her competition, big deal

i think she just doesnt fit the mold of what ufc fans are looking for - shes too bad ass and alpha to say what everyone wants to hear - shes a predator and doesnt like her competition, big deal
ufc fans are stupid. They dont like it when,especially women,dont pander to them and shoot straight.

I think Waterson will brat Rose, too. Nothing worse than getting "brat'ed"...except maybe getting "Son'd".

"That Polish chick." Lol. She damn well knows her name.

ufc fans are stupid. They dont like it when,especially women,dont pander to them and shoot straight.

I have not seen much evidence that there is a lot of dislike for her on this forum.

If you're talking the general fanbase in mma, well yeah she isn't very popular. But neither are any fighters who don't put on a character in interviews. Women don't get less fans because more people are judgmental of what they say, they get less fans because a lot of people either don't want to see them fight or don't think UFC should have women's fights at all. That is coming from someone who watches wmma on cards(though I don't go out of my way for something like invicta). The only fighters who have really gotten major mainstream popularity had some combination of sex appeal and publicity from outside sources(not just fighting).

Last edited:
I have not seen much evidence that there is a lot of dislike for her on this forum.

I don't even hate her but come on. Rose is a challenger trying to be a champion so of course she's gonna think she can take her out. I don't know why she's mad.

I don't even hate her but come on. Rose is a challenger trying to be a champion so of course she's gonna think she can take her out. I don't know why she's mad.

Oh shit I fucked up my interpretation of what you were trying to say. Thought you were talking about JJ. Yeah, I agree of course a challenger is going to believe they can win and talk to the media since that is important for success in MMA now.

Im not reading all of that shit

Here you go.

bEJDswp.gif

Well, yeah.

And, something is wrong with Rose's head. Everybody knows it. And that's not meant to put her down. It's a fact.

Also, I think Rose needs to despise someone and go to a bad place to get her best performance. Pat Berry was telling her to fight with "everything she loved" in one hand and "everything she hated" in the other hand.

She loves Michelle:

5Xew5n1.jpg

She will be fighting one-handed.

Also, I think Rose needs to despise someone and go to a bad place to get her best performance. Pat Berry was telling her to fight with "everything she loved" in one hand and "everything she hated" in the other hand.

She loves Michelle:

5Xew5n1.jpg

Damn I hate to see someone's emotions get in the way of their potential. Rose improved a lot but if she can't get her emotions in check then even a unranked shitty fighter can beat her. BTW do she has mental illness?

I like Joanna because she pisses sherdoggers off. It's pretty funny.

She loves Michelle:

5Xew5n1.jpg

Dem Norwood IV foreheads doe.

Well, yeah.

Nah i think Rose will make some headway at first and then she will fizzle our. She is bigger, taller, has the better reach, is the better Boxer and is very aggressive. I hope she fixed her clinch game

The problem is people reading too much into statements like that.

To a certain extent, I don't think Rose herself would disagree on that score. After all, during TUF 20 there is a scene of her saying something to the others to the effect that there's got to be something wrong in the head of somebody who enjoys physically hurting people in fights as much she does. But might that not apply to many fighters? And Rose certainly has been known to cry a lot before fights and during her training (in frustration with herself during training, not due to injuries or people fighting roughly with her; she's a perfectionist and very hard on herself). She is definitely emotionally high-strung. She now has an emotional-support dog that she brings with her when she travels to fights. And I believe the whole thing about banishing Pat from her corner (is that over and done with now?) was an attempt by her coach to better manage Rose's emotional state of mind, which I believe her coach has decided needs some careful coddling in order for her to be at her best. If Joanna and Rose ever do fight, I'm sure that Joanna will try to play some head-games on Rose, to throw Rose off of her game. I personally predict that Rose's emotional state of mind will be just fine against Michelle, however, as they have trained together, and seem to get along well, and I think this will make it easier for Rose to go into the fight in a more relaxed frame of mind.

Back