Superduck

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
How many of you can perform a "superduck"?

I know this isn't exactly one of the fundamental or basic techniques to go looking for in all matches, but it is a really sweet and slick technique to pull off when your opponent does not expect it.

This video is sick:

and here is a good tutorial imo:

and also:

here is my favorite super duck and the only one I found in a high level tournament:

I don't even understand how that works. Must be the fake and change of directions huh

I cant even shoot properly, I would probably blow my knees and break my ankles if I tried this, lol

How many of you can perform a "superduck"?

I know this isn't exactly one of the fundamental or basic techniques to go looking for in all matches, but it is a really sweet and slick technique to pull off when your opponent does not expect it.

This video is sick:

and here is a good tutorial imo:

and also:

here is my favorite super duck and the only one I found in a high level tournament:

Super Duck you say?.. Bubba Jenkis is the man... He hit them regularly in Divison 1 Folkstlye Wrestling... One time Div 1 champ, is a MMA fighter now... Did not achieve anything on the International Freestyle scene

Jon Jones hit this on Dan Henderson in their "underground" grappling match.

I'll post some instructionals later
Please post! I can do them, but it feels so awkward, there is a pretty quick, but clear tutorial of Khinchegashvili's superduck from inside bicep and wrist control in the second part of this:

It's really hard to pull off. Requires excellent speed, and more importantly fantastic timing.

Please post! I can do them, but it feels so awkward, there is a pretty quick, but clear tutorial of Khinchegashvili's superduck from inside bicep and wrist control in the second part of this:

This is that same guy giving a pretty good overview of the duck

Super Duck you say?.. Bubba Jenkis is the man... He hit them regularly in Divison 1 Folkstlye Wrestling... One time Div 1 champ, is a MMA fighter now... Did not achieve anything on the International Freestyle scene

He was a Jr World Champ in freestyle

Has anyone seen this hit in MMA? Seems like it could work really good.

Jeeze!.. So he was a NCAA runner up and Jr Freestyle World Champ when Sanderson let him go... Man that adds a little spice to the story... Great fact!
Ummm Bubba did a whole bunch himself to.. facilitate the separation

Please expand
Let's put it this way. The night before Jenkins pinned Taylor. My college coach saw him at 1am at a 7/11.. with a girl getting chips and soda.

Now think about the culture Cael has built and the very specific type of kid that he recruits and why he told Marstellar they weren't interested after his visit. And you get an idea. The other stories I know are not my place

Let's put it this way. The night before Jenkins pinned Taylor. My college coach saw him at 1am at a 7/11.. with a girl getting chips and soda.

Now think about the culture Cael has built and the very specific type of kid that he recruits and why he told Marstellar they weren't interested after his visit. And you get an idea. The other stories I know are not my place

Guess the academic redshirt might have been a result of some of these issues... Regardless one heck of a story

Bubba sticking Taylor was the moment and match that converted me over to Folkstyle... I watched the Taylor documentary so I knew of his High School pedigree... I knew Bubba had been replaced by Taylor... But man at that time, I truly could not comprehend how much that match had riding on it

Guess the academic redshirt might have been a result of some of these issues... Regardless one heck of a story

Bubba sticking Taylor was the moment and match that converted me over to Folkstyle... I watched the Taylor documentary so I knew of his High School pedigree... I knew Bubba had been replaced by Taylor... But man at that time, I truly could not comprehend how much that match had riding on it
there's all kinds of stories or things like that, but it's not prudent or polite to talk about too much

This is that same guy giving a pretty good overview of the duck

These are good videos, thanks for posting! I like the back arch attack too, I would usually just drag the opponent down for 2. I am definitely going to work more on the superduck though - thanks a lot!

Back