Super Long Nerdy Post About WME|IMG|UFC and its future

Well, I just came here looking for an article to beat off to. Killing drifters isn't doing it for me anymore.

So thanks!

Great post. It's all very highly leveraged and I figured they would go public in some form. I think this will lead to fighters getting more exposure on more platforms. Time for the UFC to start giving these guys more media training so they can make the most of it and get more sponsorship opportunities.

Sherdog, one of the few places on the internet where something over a paragraph long is considered a huge post.

Not a bad read TS. Interesting that they had to borrow heavy to acquire the UFC. What about Zuffa do you think would change as a publicly traded company?

giphy.gif

jk

200.gif

Posts like this remind me of the movie Idiocracy, when anything goes beyond the scope of push button tidbits, people resort to laughing at an ass on the screen. What's ironic is people on here will argue about UFC business logistics for days, but when deeper information is presented people resort to petty memes to garner attention. I love you TS
3137708_o.gif

Piss off!

Good post man, will read when I have a few hours to spare. :p

TL/DR; WME’s debt financed purchase of IMG came at a hefty price tag, The merged company carries a tremendous amount of debt. The UFC purchase was also debt financed and the end result is a severely leveraged company servicing billions and billions of dollars in debt. It is impossible to be profitable simply by growing the business, the only way to pay off all that debt is to go public and go public quickly.

as long as this guy is an asset, the ufc will be okay

mike-perry-ufc-202.jpg

Jewish is all i needes to hear!

(Insert angry face)

giphy.gif

Fuck off you moron!

Definition of irony right here. "Nietzsche" takes the time to type out an article that could easily pass for one written by one of the paid Sherdog editors, complete with sources, only to be mocked and branded a "moron" by an individual who would think "The Gay Science" was a book detailing his own experimental phase in high school.

Thanks for your contribution Nietzsche, I enjoyed it, like many of your other works.

I tried. I made it a little more than halfway and just gave up. Very interesting though.

Posts like this remind me of the movie Idiocracy, when anything goes beyond the scope of push button tidbits, people resort to laughing at an ass on the screen. What's ironic is people on here will argue about UFC business logistics for days, but when deeper information is presented people resort to petty memes to garner attention.

Thanks for the post TS, it's interesting to consider how an IPO will effect the company's debt and the UFC's future overall. Very informative.

2z8ayxe.gif

Definition of irony right here. "Nietzsche" takes the time to type out an article that could easily pass for one written by one of the paid Sherdog editors, complete with sources, only to be mocked and branded a "moron" by an individual who would think "The Gay Science" was a book detailing his own experimental phase in high school.

Thanks for your contribution Nietzsche, I enjoyed it, like many of your other works.

Looks like you understand the definition of 'Ironic' about as much as Alanis does. You write a paragraph, praising Nietzsche for taking time to type out an article that he didn't even write, and then accuse me of being gay in high school.

And then, you suckhole Nietzsche even more, complimenting his other 'works'. LOL!!!

You dumb bastard, looks like you're the moron. Fuck you!

1063153.gif

I read some, skimmed the rest.

That's an interesting post, but like many people, I'm not terribly concerned with the history of the company nor its owners, but what it is / what they do and what they're doing with the UFC.

Anyway, good post regardless, thank you, but I suggest slapping some cliffs on that bad boi.

Back