Super hero movies are played out

Dana_is_your_GOD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But no matter how much they suck, as long as they make money, they'll keep making them. And with the money comes the hype, which inflates reviews, and your opinion about them. Don't get me wrong, there are a few good movies, like Dark Knight, but for the most part it's the same recycled predictable plot, and mediocre acting.

Originality is expensive. That's why Christopher Nolan is GOAT.

So true. I liked the suicide squad concept. Very fresh.

They're awesome and I love them.

Don't watch them if they aren't for you.

I hate 80% of them,especially if its one of those clusterfuck "supergroup" movies. Ive no time for em,or "deadpool being hilarious" shoved down my throat.

I grew up watching the X-Men cartoon so every X-Men movie is a total let down.

I agree. I never saw Dr. Strange. Skipped Guardians 2. Probably not going to see the new Spider-man. It's all the same hokey, PG fare mass produced for the little eyes and ears to sell millions in merchandise. Can't be fucked to waste my time watching it, and I love comics.

since they started to churn em out every month now...ive seen the christian bale batman trilogy,and watchmen ones...very few other than those have i bothered with or remember well enough to say its good. Most of them are awful CGI fests,hour long boring action scenes with shitty acting and sleep inducing storylines.

I would absolutely love a superhero movie that was written by Aaron Sorkin and directed by Scorcese or Fincher

I grew up watching the X-Men cartoon so every X-Men movie is a total let down.
Go back and watch the cartoon and your nostalgia will fade. It sucks balls.

I was a fan as a kid too. Rewatching it as an adult was a big mistake. I actually loved the movies except for the wolverine standalone's. It is what it is.

I would absolutely love a superhero movie that was written by Aaron Sorkin and directed by Scorcese or Fincher
at some point the hero of the story has to put on a fuckin skin tight costume and go out and fight crime...and Batman: Year one has already been done.

at some point the hero of the story has to put on a fuckin skin tight costume and go out and fight crime...and Batman: Year one has already been done.
I'm thinking more of a dialogue heavy movie like The Social Network or Steve Jobs.

Not sure why TS is crying. Not like he's forced to watch them.

of course they are, but you are not the target market old geezer

Go back and watch the cartoon and your nostalgia will fade. It sucks balls.

Dafuq you talkin' bout, Willis? The 90's X-Men: The Animated Series was great. High quality art, great voice actors, great adaptations of many of the major storylines, and included cameos by LOTS of Marvel Universe characters.

It even had episodes that touched on mature topics such as foster care (Jubilee and Rogue/Mystique), religion (Wolverine/Nightcrawler), loyalty to family (Gambit/Belladonna), unrequited love (Wolverine/Jean), fighting one's inner demons (Wolverine/Sabretooth), etc.

For selfish reasons, I hope the superhero genre stays alive for the next 10-15 years or so.

Time for them to bring The Boys to the big screen

Back