SUMO - 2024 Hatsu Basho (Jan 14th - Jan 28th)

no way they were going to let him be important in the JSA.
the punishment is ridiculous. 10 years? come on.

yeah, i don't know how Hakuho thought he was going to become chairman of the JSA. before when everything was unspecified and it seemed like Ishiura would take over as stable master until Hakuho's punishment was over was fair, but 10 years? his stable will be dispersed, and Ishiura isn't even going to be the stablemaster? they're pretty much telling Hakuho to go back to Mongolia at this point.

i don't even get the point of the stable continuing on if they're just going to disband it in 10 years.

yeah, i don't know how Hakuho thought he was going to become chairman of the JSA. before when everything was unspecified and it seemed like Ishiura would take over as stable master until Hakuho's punishment was over was fair, but 10 years? his stable will be dispersed, and Ishiura isn't even going to be the stablemaster? they're pretty much telling Hakuho to go back to Mongolia at this point.

i don't even get the point of the stable continuing on if they're just going to disband it in 10 years.
well guys like Hakuoho might even be yokozuna in 10 years. what are they going to do, redistribute the fucking yokozuna to some other stable?
i think it's their way of saying Hakuho should retire out of sumo or we'll humiliate you and your friends and students for the next decade. he'll be back doing door duties for as long as they want. i don't know if Hakuho can take that.

Kind of seems like they don't want Hakuho around any more. He does things differently than the JSA wants or tradition demands and that doesn't work for them, brother.

If the treatment he is getting now is above and beyond anything others have received then their motives are clear.

This is genuinely insane.

1. They CLEARLY want to drive Hakuho away from the association, and they'll hurt these kids and humiliate them, and him, until he gives up. I don't think he'll take it for long. it's super unfortunate a very talented young guy like Hakuoho might get caught in the middle and have his wings clipped by instability.
2. despair in terunofuji's voice - somebody, please join me in the yokozuna ranks.

Last edited:
1. They CLEARLY want to drive Hakuho away from the association, and they'll hurt these kids and humiliate them, and him, until he gives up. I don't think he'll take it for long. it's super unfortunate a very talented young guy like Hakuoho might get caught in the middle and have his wings clipped by instability.
2. despair in terunofuji's voice - somebody, please join me in the yokozuna ranks.

Losing the Hakuho Cup and forcing him out is going to hurt their recruitment of young talent.

Crazy that Hakuho is about to join Asashoryu and Harumafuji in Sumo exile. Does that leave 2 Mongolian Yokozuna involved with Sumo?

Losing the Hakuho Cup and forcing him out is going to hurt their recruitment of young talent.

Crazy that Hakuho is about to join Asashoryu and Harumafuji in Sumo exile. Does that leave 2 Mongolian Yokozuna involved with Sumo?
Well kakuryu has been very quiet without large ambitions and they still need Teru. But asashoryu is probably polishing his I told you so for hakuho.

Oh shit! Takerufuji is straight into Makuuchi after one basho in Juryo. Hopefully he maintains his form.

Back