SUMO - 2024 Haru Basho (March 10th - March 24th)

I'd like to thank Hokuseiho for being a scumbag, because without him, Takerufuji would be J1 this basho instead of M17.

Thanks tree.

Also, did you see what my boy just did to Abi? I knew Takerufuji was a monster but damn.
Man he just muscled Abi out like he was a rookie.
You love to see it.

Week 2 Kirishima is here. Better late than never I guess.

My boy Hoshoryu looked embarrassed by how quickly that L came. He was looking good prior to today

If Onosato had a tiny bit more room at the edge he possibly twists Takerufuji out, but not today. My boy is 10-0. Now the hard fights start.

Takakeisho slips to 7-3, faces Onosato who is 8-2 tomorrow. Takerufuji (10-0) vs Kotonowaka (8-2) also tomorrow

Impressive stuff from Takerufuji. I looked closely and he pushed Onosato out without even having a grip on the belt, pure power. I am very curious what the contact with the sanyaku will be like, cause he might well win this on his first makuuchi appearance, and that's historic.

The hoshoryu match was so fast and i wouldn't even call it a henka, it was just very fast movement.

Hoshoryu vs Waka bro has to be up there for one of the fastest matches in history.

Interesting side note - Ukrainian Aonishiki is currently 5-0 in Sandanme, and if he wins his final two matches in the coming days, he'd be the first person since 2020 to win the Yusho in the bottom three divisions back to back to back.

Hoshoryu struck so quickly. Great stuff.
Takerufuji looking so sharp, big day for him tomorrow.

Somebody have a link? Looks like Natto is down on Rumble.

Kotonowaka was manhandled. How strong is Takerufuji? Guy gives off the same vibe the guys that made yokozuna fast did. Guys like Asashoryu or Hakuho.
Let's see how he handles some Hoshoryu tricks.

The way Onosato just absolutely destroyed Takakeisho should give people an idea of how strong Takerufuji is. If Hakuoho can recover from the recent stuff that's happened, and he gets back to his dominant gorilla sumo, then the future of sumo will be in mighty fine shape with Onosato, Hakuoho and Takerufuji.

Tomorrow -

Takerufuji (11-0) vs Hoshoryu (8-3)
Onosato (9-2) vs Kotonowaka (8-3)

Why did Kotonowaka look more nervous than Takerufuji?
Takakeisho sailing through the air.

Why did Kotonowaka look more nervous than Takerufuji?
Takakeisho sailing through the air.

Nobody wants to be an Ozeki charged with stopping a debutant from tying and breaking records.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back