Successful fighters with terrible striking technique

Jon Jones. If dude could get his boxing to reasonable levels, that zombie pressure of guys like DC would only get them picked apart and lumped up with stiff jabs and crosses.

I don't think CroCop or Arlovski would make this list, so why should Fedor?

Appreciate this was more intended as a cat amongst the pigeons comment...
cro cop and arlovski have good striking technique. Fedor doesn't.

I don't see how you are connecting the 3.

Kevin Lee is a good shout. Cathal Pendred somehow managed to win a European title with shit striking.

Jon Jones. If dude could get his boxing to reasonable levels, that zombie pressure of guys like DC would only get them picked apart and lumped up with stiff jabs and crosses.
That is what happened, and he used boxing along with kicks to chew up D.C. at range

cro cop and arlovski have good striking technique. Fedor doesn't.

I don't see how you are connecting the 3.

Yeah you do...

Because Fedor out struck Cro Cop and KOd Arlovski.

But you knew I was going to say that and I'm sure you've got an answer prepared.

Yeah you do...

Because Fedor out struck Cro Cop and KOd Arlovski.

But you knew I was going to say that and I'm sure you've got an answer prepared.

You can beat someone in striking without having good technical striking. it happens all of the time esp. in MMA

Funky Ben Askren comes to mind.

Vitor throwing strikes off his back made me question his BB.

Maia, Khabib, Lesnar....you said "successful".
Royce did win the UFC technically...

You can beat someone in striking without having good technical striking. it happens all of the time esp. in MMA

Yeah I thought you would say that, and actually with all due respect I see where you're coming from and pretty much agree with you. I guess devils advocate in me would say if you get KOd, then the person who's knocked you out clearly has superior striking technique (at least in some way - perhaps not the way that is recognized by most queensberry/muay thai purists)...

But I do actually get what you're saying completely.

Back