Student loans are why America has the most productive college graduates in the world

Who knew that having a shit load of debt is a good thing TS. Lol

I probably wouldn't have gone to college if I wasn't on scholarship and had to take out loans. Eff that noise, I have yet to get any use out of my degree.

College graduates in other countries often fuck around and go travelling for gap years or pursue lower paying careers out of selfish interest. Not in America. We have to repay or debts and so we go to work right away. We take the highest paying jobs we can get. We are driven to innovate and create. Perhaps in an unintende result is that America is the strongest country in the world.

LOL no, because lots of these college students major in African American female studies or Trumbone, or something esoteric like graphic design

Many of the people who are in STEM come from wealthy backgrounds and can afford school. If they take out loan they are being pretentious. They parents can afford to support them for a few years out of college too, so they can go galavanting for a few years.

Last edited:
Well I guess it’s not uncommon for someone in debt to work two or three jobs.

I remember we you didnt have to take student loans and we were pretty productive. One quarter of Calpoly SLO when I went was ~$150. I worked part time (just summers) and easily paid tuition and room and board for 9 months. No loans.

If you think being "over the barrel" or "chained to debt" makes one productive explain Somalia.

College graduates in other countries often fuck around and go travelling for gap years or pursue lower paying careers out of selfish interest. Not in America. We have to repay or debts and so we go to work right away. We take the highest paying jobs we can get. We are driven to innovate and create. Perhaps in an unintende result is that America is the strongest country in the world.

So you think having a student loan bubble that has outpaced inflation by 500% plus, over the last 2 decades is a good thing?

<{monica}> <{monica}>

YOu can say subprime mortgages are why american workers are the most productive. It make them work or else they go homeless.

So if I accept this theory as true... = Who knew that the toil of debt placed upon everyday people could be so productive to some big boss somewhere.

I am so pleased.

<{monica}> <{monica}>

YOu can say subprime mortgages are why american workers are the most productive. It make them work or else they go homeless.

I tend to lean a smidgen right by international political standards, but American/Republican economic ideas always sound an awful lot like Sharecropping.

College is a scam. Education should be abolished in its entirety.

Most Republican post of the week.

Actually, the more Republican approach would be to make college compulsory but privatized so every student pays 50k into the corporate treasure chest and just gets a "taxes are theft" pin as their education.

I tend to lean a smidgen right by international political standards, but American/Republican economic ideas always sound an awful lot like Sharecropping.

No no

The economic format of sharecropping exists to fairly allocate risk and hedge against risk covariance such that people aren't regularly ruined by the whims of the market. The Republican platform is that the farmer should bear all the risk, while the risk for the landlord (corporations) is socialized by a government guarantee.

It's not just student loans. In America you have to work to one day get a home and feed yourself. In Europe you probably won't ever buy a house until your very off and you generally don't need to worry about going hungry.
When everything is provided to you for free, you stagnate. Europe was the epicenter of humanity just like 100 years ago. They're being left behind. China and America are the future. Europe is just whatever.
So you think having a student loan bubble that has outpaced inflation by 500% plus, over the last 2 decades is a good thing?
The problem isn't student load debt the problem is inflation

No no

The economic format of sharecropping exists to fairly allocate risk and hedge against risk covariance such that people aren't regularly ruined by the whims of the market. The Republican platform is that the farmer should bear all the risk, while the risk for the landlord (corporations) is socialized by a government guarantee.

What's not to like?

Corporations are people, who can take my cake, eat it too, and make sure I keep paying for that cake, forever.

<{1-17}>

Because a corporation can enter into a secrecy agreement about sex with an actual person because that makes sense.

Back