Striking instructionals

black belch

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Are they good like the BJJ instructionals are?

Or are they mostly garbage? I have little standup experience, so I don't want to waste time/money if unnecessary.

Cheers

Couldn't tell you how they are in comparison to BJJ manuals, but I picked up Lawrence Kenshin's book that just came out. Its awesome imo, really helps break down techniques into small digestible chunks. I will say the technology side is a bit wonky, took me a bit to get it to work. It is designed for Apple computers and really shows if you are using it on a different device. That being said, its currently loaded onto my PC, Laptop, tablet, and phone lol. Lawrence was a great help in getting my technical issues solved, and responded quickly to emails. You can check out some of his videos on YouTube, and I would also suggest looking through Sylvie Von Douglas-Ittu's YouTube channel. Sylvie's stuff isn't setup like an instructional, but I don't think anyone has more online training footage out there than her. I've learned tons of things just by watching her posted sessions with private instructors.

yea, i assume you talking about dvd instructionals.

Go youtube some. they are better than bjj instructionals imo cuz you can work on your own on a heavy bag or shadowboxing. For bjj, you NEED a partner.

The thing about DVDs is the person watching. They can get into very small precise details, but it is up to the person watching to get the most out of it. How detail oriented are you. But sounds like you're at least decent if you think bjj DVDs are good.

I say go for it. Just like BJJ DVDs it depends on the DVD and instructor. But they are great for home training. best of luck

It helped me a lot with my training.

yea, i assume you talking about dvd instructionals.

Go youtube some. they are better than bjj instructionals imo cuz you can work on your own on a heavy bag or shadowboxing. For bjj, you NEED a partner.

The thing about DVDs is the person watching. They can get into very small precise details, but it is up to the person watching to get the most out of it. How detail oriented are you. But sounds like you're at least decent if you think bjj DVDs are good.

I say go for it. Just like BJJ DVDs it depends on the DVD and instructor. But they are great for home training. best of luck

It helped me a lot with my training.

do you know if that duke roufous univeristy is good stuff?
cheers

do you know if that duke roufous univeristy is good stuff?
cheers
http://roufusport.com/online-striking-university/

Oh yea man. Check that out. They have a "Free technique of the week". Based no that video, it looks like good stuff. Very instructional and descriptive. 4 mins on just 1 technique. Might be too detailed. But You can always skip.

And check out these perks: "Free Training at Roufusport Headquarters for visiting DRSU members!"

Back