Stress Fracture (Foot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

License to Kill
@Silver
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have a stress fracture in my foot. After a 2 mile run the next day I could barely put weight on my left foot. My insurance is crap so should I waste my money or give it few days. I don't have any swelling or bruising. Hurts to touch on left side by my bone on bottom of my foot. Any help thanks

Geez, tough one...
This sort of thing happens quite frequently to runners. I'd say you might have to look at cryogenic fragmentation therapy. Basically they freeze the entire foot with liquid nitrogen, and then lightly tap it with a mallet until you've chipped away (basically shattered) all metatarsal remains, cause they're what is causing this.

A stress fracture takes more than a few days to heal...

Geez, tough one...
This sort of thing happens quite frequently to runners. I'd say you might have to look at cryogenic fragmentation therapy. Basically they freeze the entire foot with liquid nitrogen, and then lightly tap it with a mallet until you've chipped away (basically shattered) all metatarsal remains, cause they're what is causing this.
Wat?

If you're really struggling go see someone about it, but it could just be tendonitis which will probably go away in a few days - a week or so.

Pretty sure I have a stress fracture in my foot. After a 2 mile run the next day I could barely put weight on my left foot. My insurance is crap so should I waste my money or give it few days. I don't have any swelling or bruising. Hurts to touch on left side by my bone on bottom of my foot. Any help thanks
Go get it checked out. It's nice to know what you've got and what kind of tx and healing time you need.

Your feet are important. You're on them every day.

If you're really struggling go see someone about it, but it could just be tendonitis which will probably go away in a few days - a week or so.
You mean plantar fasciitis right? I mean it could be achilles tendonitis, but it doesn't sound like it.

TS, where is the pain located exactly? If it's a stress fracture you want to lay off it for a while.

Either way, you should see a doc/physio if it's bothering you.

You mean plantar fasciitis right? I mean it could be achilles tendonitis, but it doesn't sound like it.

TS, where is the pain located exactly? If it's a stress fracture you want to lay off it for a while.

Yep- right.

It's my left foot on left side where the bone is about middle of foot. Only hurts to walk on it. My insurance deductible is $5,900 so I am not trying to get a bunch of X-Rays etc if it is not necessary.

It's my left foot on left side where the bone is about middle of foot. Only hurts to walk on it. My insurance deductible is $5,900 so I am not trying to get a bunch of X-Rays etc if it is not necessary.
I had a stress fracture there.

Had to use a boot and crutches for a few months.

Don't know how your system works over there. Over here it's free to get X-rays and everything else. Downside is that we have longer waiting lists.

Anyway, you should go see a physio/doc, at least once or twice if you can get it covered. Sounds like a stress fracture yep, but hard to know without being diagnosed.

Do some swimming.

Also get a good cooler (I like yeti but some people say they are overpriced). Fill it with ice, water, and a variety of your favorite beers.

Drag the cooler in front of the couch and stick your foot in it while watching some long 20 season series in Netflix.

Don't know how your system works over there. Over here it's free to get X-rays and everything else. Downside is that we have longer waiting lists.

Anyway, you should go see a physio/doc, at least once or twice if you can get it covered. Sounds like a stress fracture yep, but hard to know without being diagnosed.
nothings free in USA unless you sit home on your lazy ass but thats for a different topic. Anyways from what I have found out a X Ray won't show a stress fracture. MRI and bone test will

i dont get why you're fixated on stress fracture.

in any case, if you still can barely put weight on it in a few days your athletic dreams/health are either worth the money or they're not. it is what it is

Again, if this isn't an injury thread, and therefore banned here, what is? Shouldn't this be deleted?

If there's demand for this type of topic, maybe a new subforum (I'd suggest A&P, the Aches and Pains subforum) could be opened to cater to it. There, people could go and enjoy all the threads about "My _______ hurts."

In the meantime, it would be awesome to be able to go to S&C and actually browse through threads having to do with the topics of strength and conditioning.

Again, if this isn't an injury thread, and therefore banned here, what is? Shouldn't this be deleted?

If there's demand for this type of topic, maybe a new subforum (I'd suggest A&P, the Aches and Pains subforum) could be opened to cater to it. There, people could go and enjoy all the threads about "My _______ hurts."

In the meantime, it would be awesome to be able to go to S&C and actually browse through threads having to do with the topics of strength and conditioning.

Since changing the name from S&P to S&C we've created a more generalized subtopic. That combined with a mass exodus of a number of tenured posters caused a tear in the strength/power continuum causing the conditioning fringe to overpower us with shear numbers. We weren't able to defend and we were quickly overrun. Rules meant nothing to them, norms and values were spit on and trampled underfoot. It is a dark time for the f13... dark.

Since changing the name from S&P to S&C we've created a more generalized subtopic. That combined with a mass exodus of a number of tenured posters caused a tear in the strength/power continuum causing the conditioning fringe to overpower us with shear numbers. We weren't able to defend and we were quickly overrun. Rules meant nothing to them, norms and values were spit on and trampled underfoot. It is a dark time for the f13... dark.

Reminds me of the Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times." ... Except that I don't find discussions of other people's ailments interesting. There are assisted living facilities where I could go for an endless supply of that topic of conversation if I desired.

This has been a sad and trying era indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back