Strength and Conditioning Standards. How many have you hit?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Legendary, May 29, 2018.

1. corpse

corpse Random Belt

i never saw anyone doing 100 pushups in a row with full rom and without a break at the top.
    150 sit-ups is a pointless high quantity (for any exercise) and 10 pistols is not hard to do if you got the technique down.

i don't know why most calisthenics standards always end up in a bunch of ridiculous senseless numbers in comparison to the barbell lifts.

it would be better to request calisthenics endurance with the addition of a time limit like e.g. the barbarian requirements or the "100 pushups/50 pull ups under 5 minutes" thing.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Red Belt

The 1.5BW Bench is the only one I've hit. I probably could've ran some of those distances within the time limit while i was an active boxer since I ran quite a lot.
    Why no oly lift standards though?

3. Sano

Sano Black Belt

200 lbs. Nah I'm not that strong. I'm a smidge under most of the barbell ones, around 2.2BW DL, 1.7BW squat, 0.8BW OHP and 1.25BW bench. I mostly just use the lifts because that's what the metrics are, and obviously they are good for whole body strength. I'm sure if I dedicated myself to them seriously for a little while I could hit the OHP, Squat and DL numbers (bench no way), but I don't really care that much. Lots of other stuff i'd rather be doing, including running, martial arts and BW training. I did join the squat and OHP competition though so I guess at some point I'll have to get serious about it.

Halge likes this.
  4. Nicholas K

Nicholas K White Belt

i can only do 3 of these listed

(pistol squats, 20 pull ups and 1X BW OHP)

5. Legendary

Legendary Supernova

Good idea. Ill go look up some snatch and CJ records.

Pugilistic likes this.
  6. Pugilistic

Pugilistic Red Belt

To be fair, I don't know how to oly lift so I don't know how much I can snatch or clean. I probably can't even do my own bodyweight.