Strange injury from sparring.. :(

TBF healthcare in good old Germany is spectacular as well. Anytime I need treatment for anything I am amazed at how well it works here. Deutschland bless.

Wtf you're in Germany ?

And what do you mean by 12 hour shift / shit pull ups ?

I didn't think it was serious, well wishes on the recovery Frode.

Wtf you're in Germany ?

And what do you mean by 12 hour shift / shit pull ups ?

I didn't think it was serious, well wishes on the recovery Frode.
Yes i live in Germany. Not sure what the other sentence is referring to.

But countless pull ups on work. Like really high volume training. Almost every shift. I do a set of 5-10 reps.

Over 8-12 hours, you get many hundred pull ups.

So the day of the injury, i had done my typical 12 hour shit with alot of pull ups. It was sparring session after work

Not sure what the other sentence is referring to.

I don't get what the 12 hour shifts with pull ups are refering to. I guess some job that has a similar movement to pull ups in manual labor.

Were they able to do anything about that ugly mug of a face you got??
happy healing man. Let it get to 100% before you do anything with it. No sense in healing it twice

There are a few things not even the best surgeons cant fix. Haha thanks man. Now its just rest and being patient
I don't get what the 12 hour shifts with pull ups are refering to. I guess some job that has a similar movement to pull ups in manual labor.

Nah i got a pull up bar at work. I do countless sets of five-ten reps on that bar.

Going today. Had to delay it because i got the worst flu every. Four days of 40 degrees fever

So i somehow managed to stay somewhat on the green zone, temperature wise at the start of yesterday. Which was great. Because that ment that i could get the hard plaster cast shit of me.

So i went there. Took the white plaster of, looked at the operation wound. All looked good.

Now i got my arm in this thing. It supports my arm. I can extend in normal until 60 degrees. Then it stop you from going further. Its a wheel on it. That decide the range of motion. So its 3 weeks of 60 degrees, then 45, 30, and finally none.

Then i can super gently start training again. Baby steps. Nothing explosive or contact. So basically nothing fun.

So something went wrong in my left arm during tonights sparring.

It went so fast. So i am not sure. But i think i missed a left power jab, when this loud nasty "stretchy" sound happened. Like a sound effect from a Steven Seagal movie.

It was so loud that both me and my sparring partner could hear it over the loud house music playing in the gym.

Tried to just kinda shadow box the heavy bag the rest of the session. But the arm felt weak and painful.

Back at home now. No pain as long as i dont strech it all out, or do any fast movement.

Any one else had anything like this before? Could it be from over extending my arm?
Sounds like a bad hyperextension my sherbrotha.

Similar situation, Threw a spinning back fist during sparring, missed and overextend. Same thing happened, heard a weird pop and could barely lift my arm for the rest of the class.
Went to the doc the next day and he confirmed. Told me to stay light for the week and not do anything intensive. Just some rest and ice for a few days and was back at it next week.

I hate weird injuries. Hope it’s just that and nothing serious for you my guy!

Slowly starting to feel my left arm starting to act normal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back