* Stitch fired by UFC *

That seems a conflict of interest as well. And if that's the extent of the relationship, then Stitch wasn't really fired. Either way, this shouldn't be allowed.

Yeah I don't really know how the whole deal plays out, but I always found it funny UFC has a say in who they are going to have ref the fights they put on.

I think someone should setup an internet petition, with all the facts & information surrounding his demise, childish behaviour & unprofessionalism.

I think his time is done and is doing more harm than good for the ufc, the ufc has missed out on golden opportunities and they are struggling to build credible stars. TUF has become so watered down, that show could of been huge but he is insistant on making the whole ufc a franchise and not a fight promotion.

bfCMILj.png
apologies to PA

I think someone should setup an internet petition, with all the facts & information surrounding his demise, childish behaviour & unprofessionalism.

I think his time is done and is doing more harm than good for the ufc, the ufc has missed out on golden opportunities and they are struggling to build credible stars. TUF has become so watered down, that show could of been huge but he is insistant on making the whole ufc a franchise and not a fight promotion.

I really don't think that would help anything to be honest.

Things I learned after reading the whole fucking merged thread:

1. Stitch got fired and is now running for president on a libertarian ticket
2. Joe Lauzon sells fishing lures to Zuffa and could care less about spelling
3. Jose Aldo can not kill chickens
4. Just Bleed

Did I miss anything?

To be fair, criticisms of the UFC's business practices didn't really start until after the Jon Fitch-AKA fiasco. There were a few situations prior to that (IE: the Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture, BJ Penn, etc. contract disputes), but the MMA media/community mostly took a neutral or UFC-supporting stance on those issues.

Tito and Randy lied about how much money they received and the UFC proved it. BJ Penn always makes ridiculous claims and decisions and Jon Fitch never had any leverage. And none of this has anything to do with Nate Quarry criticizing people for not standing up to the UFC when he didn't have the balls to do it when he was a UFC fighter.

Of course they are.

And people here hate on Timmy for telling the truth.

Considering the fact before he had to retire, Timmy was campaigning for another shot in the UFC relentlessly, he has no credibility

I do, would rather listen to Big Tim speak than most of these mouthy fuck wits involved in the sport these days

The fact is, for all of Big Tim's rants, if the UFC would have offered him a contract, he would jump at it all day

Stitch deserved to get fired, Don't fuck with the bald godfather

As far as the things you mentioned go, bro, I think there are no black and white answers. We're talking about technological advances which have changed the world quite a bit. Ideally, I would like to see hard work encouraged and rewarded, while allowing for a maximum freedom for each individual. Now, I don't think we have clear cut answers for these problems at the moment but let me give you one example that, in my opinion, is one way to solve the problem. Take Dan Carlin as an example as far as intellectual property online works in a world where it's hard to enforce. Carlin is a guy who's been podcasting since the early days of podcasting and who offers all of his new stuff free of charge for anyone to download and listen. What he does though, he asks for donations and it seems like a lot of people are happy to give him donations due to the quality of his work. He's demonstrated this model works, everyone can listen to his stuff for free but enough people are willing to pay for it, for him to make it his full time job.

Now of course that's just one example and only covers small part of what you said, but I think we're gonna see a much more of this type of business model in the future.

In a similar vein online music and video vendors found that when their prices dropped low enough piracy diminished quite a bit. Not everyone will pay, but many who could steal the product will choose to pay for it if the price is low enough.

Where I see peril for the job market in the future is that we're going to get to a state where we can automate our way out of many jobs and probably see unemployment north of 25%. Not because people are uneducated or lazy, but because they're not as cheap as automation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back