Stevenson vs. Cloud, Chavez Jr. vs. Vera Sept.28

What especially bad about this ridiculous decision is all the money Vera will end up losing. If there had been judges with I.Q. scores higher than a baked potato, and Vera had gotten the win, it would have really boosted his next paycheck.

Vera got a career high payday at the scales before the fight because JCC Jr. is a human Cookie Monster.

Vera got a career high payday at the scales before the fight because JCC Jr. is a human Cookie Monster.

Hahaha- most likely true, but doesn't change the fairly obvious screw job he was handed.

Vera showed real class in the after-fight interview, and like someone else mentioned- if he fought smarter and less emotionally he could have realistically won the last 9 rounds, possibly even all of them.

Cloud got battered, but showed an insane chin!

I thought it was a close fight that could have gone to either guy. I had Vera winning by a round but I can see why Jr. would get the nod, he rocked Vera the few times he threw punches. I can live with the decision but 98-92 was insane.

I thought it was a close fight that could have gone to either guy. I had Vera winning by a round but I can see why Jr. would get the nod, he rocked Vera the few times he threw punches. I can live with the decision but 98-92 was insane.

Scoring is subjective, but I have no idea how some of those rounds went to Chavez. Landing one solid punch in a round cannot win it for you when the other guy is putting in work like Vera was, but that's just my opinion.

The HBO crew and that new scoring guy are bogus. BOOOOO!

Scoring is subjective, but I have no idea how some of those rounds went to Chavez. Landing one solid punch in a round cannot win it for you when the other guy is putting in work like Vera was, but that's just my opinion.

The HBO crew and that new scoring guy are bogus. BOOOOO!

I agree but there were rounds where Vera wasn't landing too much and he would get rocked with one punch it seemed, I have no problem with some of those rounds going to Chavez. It's not like Vera was landing a ton of hard punches. I just think it wasn't a complete robbery.

!

Thats why most people thought Bradley got a gift against Pac though. If Chavez were a more liked fighter, right now there'd be a hundred people saying Chavez landed all the hard punches.

I thought Vera clearly outworked Chavez but there were a few who were saying Chavez was winning and I knew when the judges scores were read, Vera wasn't getting the nod.

Its sad but judging really has devolved especially over the past couple of years to waiting for a guy to land the biggest punch of the round. We see it week after week.

I agree but there were rounds where Vera wasn't landing too much and he would get rocked with one punch it seemed, I have no problem with some of those rounds going to Chavez. It's not like Vera was landing a ton of hard punches. I just think it wasn't a complete robbery.

That's where our scoring criteria differs. To me Vera looked in control of the fight. Chavez landed some good clean counter punches, but they were one per round. So if fighter A is landing 12 power punches in a round and fighter B is landing one, but it snaps A's head back and gets a big "OOOOOOOO" from the crowd I'm still going to give it to fighter A cuz he did more.

That's where our scoring criteria differs. To me Vera looked in control of the fight. Chavez landed some good clean counter punches, but they were one per round. So if fighter A is landing 12 power punches in a round and fighter B is landing one, but it snaps A's head back and gets a big "OOOOOOOO" from the crowd I'm still going to give it to fighter A cuz he did more.

It seemed to me like Chavez was landing some good punches throughout the fight, definitely more than one per round. Vera was much busier but a LOT of his punches weren't landing. I just thought it was a close fight. I thought Vera CLEARLY won certain rounds (the 11th stands out) but there were some that could have gone either way.

Thats why most people thought Bradley got a gift against Pac though. If Chavez were a more liked fighter, right now there'd be a hundred people saying Chavez landed all the hard punches.

I thought Vera clearly outworked Chavez but there were a few who were saying Chavez was winning and I knew when the judges scores were read, Vera wasn't getting the nod.

Its sad but judging really has devolved especially over the past couple of years to waiting for a guy to land the biggest punch of the round. We see it week after week.

Officiating in sports in general has devolved. It's just that in boxing the judges have one thing to do and it has an absolutely vital effect on the outcome so it's easier to pinpoint a large number of examples of poor judging.

That was not bogus. It was a very close fight that Martinez pulled out with the win in the final rounds. Last night was a bogus decision.

Close fight? it was only close at the end because chavez almost knocked Martinez out. The rest of the fight Martinez dominated him.

Those three judges should never be allowed to score a fight again. Incompetent piles of shit. Csac should be ashamed of hiring them.

the judge who had it 96-94 i don't mind so much, because it was close, even though i had vera winning. but the judge who had it 8 rounds to 2, should never judge a fight ever again.

Close fight? it was only close at the end because chavez almost knocked Martinez out. The rest of the fight Martinez dominated him.

I thought Murray blew it in the last round. I gave the 12th to Martinez and that was enough for him to win on my score card.

Man, boxing is disgusting. 98-92? Come on. Ridiculous. Corruption is literally in full effect.

Not the better fighter? No problem! If you have a legend for a father, the win is yours!

Can we make this an "I called Stevenson by KO" thread?

Back