Steve Harvey apologizes for offensive joke about Asian men

Its all about money. That is what asian men must do. Make lots of money, and find a gold digger no matter nationality or skin color.

Comedians should be banned from making bad jokes.

I heard about this, first time actually hearing what he said

what did he say that was so offensive?

The key to racial humor is to convince people to laugh at themselves. Harvey didn't do that ,he was pointing at Asian men and saying "Hey everybody laugh at those people!!!"

The key to racial humor is to convince people to laugh at themselves. Harvey didn't do that ,he was pointing at Asian men and saying "Hey everybody laugh at those people!!!"
I don't think anyone here thought it was funny. Just a guess.

Breaking news: Steve Harvey unaware of teh Sexyama.

Didn't care to watch the video.
Comedians shouldn't apologize for anything.
It's their job to offend people.
This era of PC culture is sickening!

All genders, races, and creeds should be offended by unfunny comedians making a living as comedians. Harvey is one of the more offensive examples.

Steve Harvey is having a really tough new year
harvey-and-trump.jpg

"I didn't expect the backlash to be so fierce," he said. "I also understand if I'm going to keep getting stabbed at, at least while you're stabbing me, you should understand my intent."

However, the offensive part is that BLACK comedian Steve Harvey is almost immune to racial jokes, he can make a joke and then the next day, make an apology.

a WHITE comedian would not find work if he made the same jokes.

chill

Comedians should be banned from making bad jokes.
Almost every joke starts out as a bad joke. A comic featured on Comedy Centrals Roast Battles that I had the pleasure of opening for a few times when he was on tour told me "fuck what the audience thinks. It takes a year to two years for a bit to become really good." Which I would say is absolutely true. If a brand new bit does well the first time you tell it that's a good sign, but a lot of work goes into writing a good bit and implementing it into your act.

Agreed but there are several ways to do racial humor. I used to do a bit about how white couples adopting black children freak me out. They're picking one out, paying for them, sometimes renaming them, then going around telling everyone the kid is " theirs" and said it sounds a lot like a slave auction.

Some laughs but I could feel the audience recoil so the punch line was "Im just saying... Consider the ginger, we're the most unwanted fertalized eggs since Jurassic Park. We've been bargain bin babies too long" and it would usually land well. (Ive since dropped it from my act but use the ginger bit) the reason the bit worked was, even though what I said was racially insensitive, I turned it back around on myself.

Almost every joke starts out as a bad joke. A comic featured on Comedy Centrals Roast Battles that I had the pleasure of opening for a few times when he was on tour told me "fuck what the audience thinks. It takes a year to two years for a bit to become really good." Which I would say is absolutely true. If a brand new bit does well the first time you tell it that's a good sign, but a lot of work goes into writing a good bit and implementing it into your act.

Agreed but there are several ways to do racial humor. I used to do a bit about how white couples adopting black children freak me out. They're picking one out, paying for them, sometimes renaming them, then going around telling everyone the kid is " theirs" and said it sounds a lot like a slave auction.

Some laughs but I could feel the audience recoil so the punch line was "Im just saying... Consider the ginger, we're the most unwanted fertalized eggs since Jurassic Park. We've been bargain bin babies too long" and it would usually land well. (Ive since dropped it from my act but use the ginger bit) the reason the bit worked was, even though what I said was racially insensitive, I turned it back around on myself.

bolded: good man ;)

That may be, but where was the offensive part?

Well, it was kind of racist and belittling with zero comedic value. So that is offensive.
Apply a similar stereotype to another gender of another race or group of people on a mainstream show with zero comedic value and you'll see similar uproar.

Well, it was kind of racist and belittling with zero comedic value. So that is offensive.
Apply a similar stereotype to another gender of another race or group of people on a mainstream show with zero comedic value and you'll see similar uproar.
Is it racist to not fancy a particular race in the sack? I personally don't really care for the avg asian, they got gungy cunts, nor indian women(dot, not feather), am I racist?

black woman guide to black men

black woman: "ummmm hmmmmm, i dun't want no black man, he ain't gonna be able to keep himself out of jail fo da child"
"if we married, my welfare check gonna go down!"

Back