State Of Decay 2 Release Date 22-05-18

Lovestorm

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/03/06/state-of-decay-2-release-date-price-announced-a-ign-first

Microsoft has confirmed that State of Decay 2, the zombie-survival RPG from Undead Labs, will release on May 22 for the Xbox One family of consoles as well as Windows PC as a Play Anywhere title. It will also be available that day on Xbox Game Pass. Furthermore, Microsoft also confirmed a price point of $29.99USD/$49.95AUD for the standard edition and $49.99USD/$69.95AUD for the Ultimate Edition.

https://wccftech.com/state-of-decay-2-11-new-screenshots-vrr/

How Will You Survive… the End of the World?

When the dead rose fifteen months ago, civilization ended, and humanity was abandoned by its leaders. Now, scattered survivors must band together to survive and rebuild while facing threats of starvation, sickness, hostile humans, and of course, hordes of zombies!

State of Decay 2 is a community-centered survival-fantasy game, set in a zombie apocalypse. You control a unique group of survivors, deciding on the best strategies to keep these characters alive while improving their skills and gathering the resources they need. You choose where to make your stand, designing and fortifying your home base just the way you want it. You choose which of your survivors to put at risk performing daring raids for food and ammunition. You choose when to make contact with new survivors (who have their own goals and agendas), and which of these strangers you’ll rescue and recruit to your community.

Every player’s experience is unique. As you play, the open, sandbox world responds to your decisions, developing in real time and dynamically offering new opportunities for you to demonstrate your own personal survival priorities. These decisions also result in real, lasting consequences for your community. Send your best scavenger across the map to gather medicine for a sick friend… but know that they might not make it home. Help your neighbors, and you might make new allies… or you could decide that you need their food supply more than they do.

State of Decay 2 also offers a co-op multiplayer option, allowing you to invite up to three players to visit your community and help you complete your goals. Or you can jump into a friend’s game to see how their story has developed differently from yours.

The game looks to have improved upon everything from it's predecessor.

^New co-op gameplay.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the first one. It was a buggy mess, had clunky combat, with repetitive quests but had a lot of interesting mechanics with encampment building, managing resources, perma death, and survivor moral.

I didn't quite beat the first one since I hit a game breaking glitch that didn't allow me to complete the story, but thought my whole time playing the game that it had so much potential to be a really great zombie sim. I'm sure this one will be much more polished and looks to have better combat, all they would really need to do is have a more interesting quest and loyality system and this game can be really great.

I enjoyed the first one too, but $30 makes me suspicious.

I think Microsoft has ruined Undead Labs. Them shutting down the forums was a bitch move.

Watched some of the 25-minute IGN co-op gameplay. Looks like SOD1 with slightly better graphics and less jank. Not that that's terrible since it's only $30 and if co-op works halfway decent then whatevs.

I enjoyed the first one too, but $30 makes me suspicious.

The first one was cheap as well, I loved it. I'd be happy if they'd just added Coop to the first one so this should be great.

Hard to believe I got the original on Xbox Arcade 5 fucking years ago. Seems like a moment ago. I loved it, but I don't care about the second one considering how the devs never fixed most of the bugs and glitches they said they would, opting to release a new version of the game with it's own bugs and glitches.

After State of Decay was already released, players enjoyed it so much that they demanded online co-op be "updated" into the game which is not how updates fucking work lol

After years of development limbo, they announce a sequel that will incorporate coop, multiplayer, popular requested features, new content, etc

But from all I've seen lately the majority of the gaming community is still butthurt they didn't get their fancy new game retconned into the old game, and now they boycott the sequel

What a fucking joke

That's like demanding Dishonored add a coop multiplayer feature to their console release two years after it comes out

That's like asking The Witcher to add coop play two years into release just because you played it a bunch

Game DLC and updates are not magical wish ponies that give you this shit just because you were on the undead labs forum telling everyone how many hours you spent on it and how a cross-platform multiplayer overhaul is what you deserve

Will probably end up picking this up if it's reviewed well, never had the chance to play the first one but it always interested me.

Watched the single player and co-op videos from IGN.

This game is literally SOD1 with better graphics. But for $30 and co-op tacked on I can't hate.

Can't wait these vids make me want it now

After State of Decay was already released, players enjoyed it so much that they demanded online co-op be "updated" into the game which is not how updates fucking work lol

After years of development limbo, they announce a sequel that will incorporate coop, multiplayer, popular requested features, new content, etc

But from all I've seen lately the majority of the gaming community is still butthurt they didn't get their fancy new game retconned into the old game, and now they boycott the sequel

What a fucking joke

That's like demanding Dishonored add a coop multiplayer feature to their console release two years after it comes out

That's like asking The Witcher to add coop play two years into release just because you played it a bunch

Game DLC and updates are not magical wish ponies that give you this shit just because you were on the undead labs forum telling everyone how many hours you spent on it and how a cross-platform multiplayer overhaul is what you deserve

No one hates video games more than gamers.

Dude I got so stoked yesterday... Seen it was going to be free to play if you have game pass (I believe). Went and looked, and was like "THIS GAME COMES OUT TOMORROW, F'N AWESOME I DIDNT EVEN KNOW"

Then I saw it was 5-22. Not 3-22.

I have the first one but it literally hurts my eyes. The graphics arent even that bad its just the whole game looks like different shades of shit brown.

I have the first one but it literally hurts my eyes. The graphics arent even that bad its just the whole game looks like different shades of shit brown.

game's gorgeous bruh

sod_01.jpg

Can't wait to play it for free with game pass

Back