Starz's AMERICAN GODS (Returns March 10, 2019)

I agree. And in this last episode in particular the music was really distracting.
Couldn't agree more. I liked that episode best so far, minus the annoying, shrilly music. Way too much, way too loud.

Episode 8 is amazing. I can't believe a second rate channel like Starz gave them the budget to do these spectacular effects. I love every scene with Technical Boy and Media- Gillian Anderson's screen presence is off the charts here. I have never considered her more than an average character actor before, but she is spectacular on this show. And every scene with Sweeney and Laura is a delightful treat- brilliant chemistry there. In fact, the weakest link in the show is Wednesday and Shadow. Is Shadow supposed to be this dull in the book? He has no real personality or motivation so far.

Sweeney is the best part of the show by far. I couldn't stand Laura Moon until her and Sweeney became road trip buddies. Now I want a season of just them, traveling around, fighting and fucking shit up.

giphy.gif

Decent episode ridiculous casting for Easter and 20 minutes wasted on Queen of Sheba (again....) aside.

I dunno. I'm thoroughly enjoying this show. Even the slow, seemingly tangential, scenes are fun for me.

The last episode ended incredibly. The last twenty minutes were great.

The season finale did the impossible for me. It actually made me like Kristin Chenoweth.

Does anyone know when Season 2 is going to drop? I just finished this and thought that was like a mid-season finale.

Digging it so far. No knowledge of the book btw. You can tell that this has a lot of stuff carried over from Hannibal and i agree with you guys that the overbearing music can take a ton of the focus from the acting/story.

Just finished the season. A little annoyed the story didn't at least make it to the gathering of the gods that took place in the book. I may have to give the book a second chance because there was a lot of shit in the show that I don't recall reading.

Great season finale though i wish the seasons had more episodes.

this is going to get cancelled for sure. it is way too fucking slow. hannibal was a much better show.

what the fuck. that was the finale??!?!??! i was looking forward to episode 9
Yeah it really didn't seem like it, I tried tuning in for episode 9 and was like... the fuck.

I'm really only watching this show for Ian Mcshane at this point tbh, he's been great.

this is going to get cancelled for sure. it is way too fucking slow. hannibal was a much better show.

the creators said next season is going to have a faster pace.

What, thats the series over? Damn, season 2 better hurry.

Just finished it, i enjoyed it for the most part but it was pretty slow in places. The visuals are amazing.

It's also great seeing Ian McShane in a meaty role again, he's fantastic as Mr Wednesday.

Back