Starting my first official diet

Staring At Fate

Refuse To Lose.
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying this is my first time attempting a diet I would greatly appreciate any suggestions to my regime. First off right now I weigh 155 and am extremely active just a little over a month ago I was a little less than 170 but my weight was going up and down due to training/eating bad. As it stands this is what I'm eating for this week and I might make tweaks going forward I would like to get to 145 but like I said this is my first time attempting a diet I drink nothing but water and a glass of soy chocolate milk a day. Also I will not being going out to eat anymore and will strictly stick to my own regime.

Breakfeast 6:30 - Boal of Oatmeal with one table spoon of honey.
Snack 11:30 - Quaker Oatmal Granola Bar (90 calories)
Lunch 1:30 - Smoked Premium Deli Ham Two Slices on 100% Whole Wheat bread with a little hot spicey mustard
Snack 4:30 - Another Quaker Granola Bar
Dinner 9:45 - Two Chicken breast with a bowl of Mediterranean frozen vegitables plus a glass of choclate soy milk.

I'm looking to get some sort of healthy pasta into my regime next week looking forward to making progress and staying focuses.

That's a lot of carbs, not a whole lot of protein.

I'll suggest to you what I've been saying to everyone for a while: find out your BMR, estimate your calorie expenditure, count ingested calories. In order to facilitate that in as easy of a manner as possible, I'd point to LCHF. Then again, people react differently to cutting carbs out of their diet completely, so it might not be feasible - but if you can cope with it, it's most DEFINATELY worth it.

I'll suggest to you what I've been saying to everyone for a while: find out your BMR, estimate your calorie expenditure, count ingested calories. In order to facilitate that in as easy of a manner as possible, I'd point to LCHF. Then again, people react differently to cutting carbs out of their diet completely, so it might not be feasible - but if you can cope with it, it's most DEFINATELY worth it.

I'm going to buy some protein mix to help me out in that department other than that what would you recommend cutting out/keeping?

I'm fairly new to this carbs/proteins/fats stuff I did a little research so I understand it a little more but for the most part am still confused. I hear about all these low carb/high carb diets and how there's good carbs and bad ones but I'm not sure the exact amount I should be getting. I do understand you should be getting one gram of protein for your weight so I'm going to make the appropriate adjustments to make sure I get there.

I'm going to buy some protein mix to help me out in that department other than that what would you recommend cutting out/keeping?

No. You weigh 150lbs - you are in no way, shape or form in need of a protein-powder (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to). In fact, you'd benefit plenty from getting your protein from lean sources such as chicken or tuna, since it will give you the necessary protein, while filling you up at little calorie-expense.
On the topic of LCHF - like I said, your mileage may vary, but I shed a shitload of waterweight very rapidly once I got on that "diet". I've heard that carbs bind in excess of 250% of their own weight in water, and after my own experiences, that's a fucking truth to me. Adhering to it might get you to your target weight very quickly, depending on your genetical predisposition.

Disclaimer: I do not profess to being any sort of dieticianwith a diploma - I'm talking out of my own experiences. Hence my constant referral to "genetics".

All meals should include a source of protein. Eggs, turkey, and chicken are staples of my diet. Steak typically once a week. No pork. Fish when I can get it.

Drink some water.

Ditch the granola bar and eat fruit, carbs + fiber.

Drink more water.

A hand full of almonds makes a great snack.

Drink lots of water.

My last meal is typically a recovery shake (protein + carbs) post workout.

Drink some more water.

Both responses are much appreciated and I definitely will be ditching the granola bar with some fruit in almonds. This is my first week but so far Im doing excellent and I already feel better since Im so used to eating poor. I'm excited to see results and will keep updating my daily progress.

Also with turkey,ham,etc how do I separare whats processed and whats not? Ive heard so much negativty about processed foods but it seems like everything is.

6/23

Breakfrest - Oatmeal with 1tbsp of Honey
Snack - Half Of Granola Bar
Lunch- Prerium Deli Ham Sandwhich on Whole Grain Bread
Snack - Other Half of granola bar
Dinner - Two chicken breasts + bowl of steamed vegatables
Before Bed - Lowfat milk protein shake 50g of protein

I plan on adding more protein through foods but until I can afford to do that this is what I can do.

6/24 I messed up today

Breakest - Oatmeal with 1 tbsp of honey
Snack - Granola Bar
Lunch- :icon_cry2 My Coworkers convinced me about having a cheat day which I recognize people have while dieting so I got a chicken sandwhich combo at Mc Donalds :redface: and got an iced tea. My rational was that instead of having a cheat day I would have a cheat meal but after eatig I reliazed that this was not the type of cheat I should have had. I will learn from this experience.
Dinner - Tonight I will just have a bowl of vegitables and one chicken breast with a 25g protein shake for tonight.

6/25 Went to Disney land and had no option but to eat out the whole day didn't eat insanely bad but still ate some things I shouldn't have.

6/26 Didn't get him till about 2 and didnt go to sleep at 4 so I woke up at 2 in the afternoon went straight to the gym then came home ate a steak and egg burito.

I'm starting to see following a diet is a lot harder then I orginall expected however now that I've failed a few times I'm seeing what I can do to prevent things like this from happening in the future.

I'm fairly new to this carbs/proteins/fats stuff I did a little research so I understand it a little more but for the most part am still confused. I hear about all these low carb/high carb diets and how there's good carbs and bad ones but I'm not sure the exact amount I should be getting. I do understand you should be getting one gram of protein for your weight so I'm going to make the appropriate adjustments to make sure I get there.

One isn't really better then the other. It's really all about the qaulity of food your eating and personal prefreance of course. Generally though the less carbs you eat the more fat you can have and vice versea. You can go either lCHF or HCLF and get the results you want but you have to be consuming the proper carb or fat sources for it to work.

6/29

Breakfest - Oatmeal
Snack - Granola Bar
Lunch - Whole Wheat Sandwhich with ham
Snack - Other half of granola bar
Dinner - Fish + Mashed Pototatoes
Before Bad - Cup of Choclate non fat milk

6/30
Breakest - Slice of toast (In a hurry to work)
Snack - Full Granola Bar
Lunch Whole Wheat Ham Sandwhcih

Got a horrible flu and was out for over a week and a half when I ate simply what was brought to me in bed didn't keep any track but haven't gained any weight.

7/13
Breakfest: Oatmeal + Two Egg Whites + Prtoein shake
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Lettice/Chick Breast Sandwhich (No bread though)
Snack:apple
Dinner: Two Chicken Breast with one bowl of steamed vegatables

Yes, I agree. More protein should be added from food. Not cow cum shakes.

Back