Starbucks coffee is the only kind I'll drink.

U actually like that stuff?

Drink it on occasion but all the tourists seem to love it. It goes well with the beignets though.

CafeDuMonde.jpg

People complain its overpriced, but its all those frat girls who buy their fraps and lattes. If you're just getting a regular coffee you can't go wrong with theirs, its way better quality than any kind of stuff you're gonna get from Dunkin or McD's.

I've been around third wave coffee shops for years and have even worked in a few. I've had ten dollar cups of joe, but I swear Starbucks is the best stuff out there. And even on top of that, the ritual of Starbucks is so ingrained in me that coffee just doesn't have the same kick unless it's from Starbucks in one of their to go cups.

Call it a total win for capitalism and brand marketing.

Is the Starbucks brand of coffee beans in the bag at the grocery store as good as the stuff they serve in the actual Starbucks shop?

starbucks_new-coffee-bag-packaging-500px.jpg

Is the Starbucks brand of coffee beans in the bag at the grocery store as good as the stuff they serve in the actual Starbucks shop?

starbucks_new-coffee-bag-packaging-500px.jpg

Nah, the stuff in the store is fresh.

Fresh ground beans make a huge difference, probably more than anything else

Nah, the stuff in the store is fresh.

Fresh ground beans make a huge difference, probably more than anything else

Do they sell the bags with whole beans? If so, would those be as good?

Do they sell the bags with whole beans? If so, would those be as good?

They do. If you ground those up fresh your coffee will be pretty good. But store bought beans are usually kind of old, plus when you make it at home you usually use a crappy grinder and crappy machine that leaves plastic taste hidden in the coffee

I've been around third wave coffee shops for years and have even worked in a few. I've had ten dollar cups of joe, but I swear Starbucks is the best stuff out there. And even on top of that, the ritual of Starbucks is so ingrained in me that coffee just doesn't have the same kick unless it's from Starbucks in one of their to go cups.

I buy and roast my own beans.... only way to go. If i'm out I'll get Starbuck, but Peet's is my fav,

I buy and roast my own beans.... only way to go. If i'm out I'll get Starbuck, but Peet's is my fav,

The deal is I've been around people who hate Starbucks and swear it is low quality, but it literally tastes better than most of the third wave stuff!!

The deal is I've been around people who hate Starbucks and swear it is low quality, but it literally tastes better than most of the third wave stuff!!
They are use to dunkin "pisswater" donuts coffee.

I like Starbucks. I never actually buy their coffee made any more, but from time to time I drop by and pick up a bag of this:

zw16dd.jpg

Try Don Francisco Hawaiian Blend. You're welcome.

Starbucks is decent but tastes like crap compared to some other coffee shops we have in L.A . I only go to starbucks because I can find a location anywhere

I like Philz and Blue Bottles but it's too expensive so I don't drink it as often as I would like. I only goto Starbucks because there's one on every corner, it's not the best but their app is pretty good. It got me hooked a while back but then I curbed myself after realizing how much I was spending.

it's good but there is a better, I'm not mad if someone gets me a cup from there

I prefer Mcdonalds coffee over Starbucks. I have drank good coffee and bad coffee from a 1000 different places. I have had 2 coffees from Starbucks. I dumped both out. I imagine horse piss tastes much better.

I consider myself a coffee snob.

I fucking hate Starbucks.

Dunkin Donuts coffee is way better if we're talking chains here.

I like Starbucks, but lets not pretend they burn the ahit out of their coffee to give it that "strong" taste.

Blue Bottle ftw

20111217-5lattesweloveinsf-bluebottle.JPG

Back