Television Star Wars THE ACOLYTE (Official Trailer, post #19)

Considering the OT created a cultural phenomenon that still exists to this day....

Yeah, he put a few balls into the parking lot.
yep, & he was surely one perfect afternoon nap away from removing the pillow from its face & finally recapturing that magic again

<CerseiPlotting>

It's a trailer. I'm not putting much stock in it either way. It might be brilliant, it might be trash. Past precedent might indicate which path is more likely here, but there's not enough information so far to push me in one direction or the other.

Fg-tS4YVsAEM9u2

<FookIsThatGuy> <36>

It's a trailer. I'm not putting much stock in it either way. It might be brilliant, it might be trash. Past precedent might indicate which path is more likely here, but there's not enough information so far to push me in one direction or the other.

How scientific of you, my good sir.

Yikes that trailer looks bad. I don’t think anyone asked for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Jedi as the next Star Wars show…

Honestly if the writers could get it up like Andor and the director can make something out of what the actors deliver, I'd be 100% fine with space Crouching Tiger.

Their biggest hit so far was Space Lone Wolf and Cub (Mandalorian).

I'm still down for a well done Space Zatoichi.

Last edited:
So this TV series is basically a prequel to the Star Wars prequels?
Darth Sidious/Palpatine is supposedly a teenager in this show.

This is a great TV series. Please dont delete my post again.

yep, & he was surely one perfect afternoon nap away from removing the pillow from its face & finally recapturing that magic again

<CerseiPlotting>

Dude didn't even have to make the PT and he would've continued to make bank on all the Expanded Universe, licensing and merch.

The Prequels weren't as good as the OT, no question, he wanted to complete the story he created and while it wasn't at that same level, it was his to finish (and he made money off that too)

looks worse than Andor and the last one with Stevenson.

It looks bad. Style wise it looks like Obi-Wan, Ahsoka and Boba Fett which is not good. Dialogue isn't blowing me away. It has that plastic-y, "clean" Marvel/Disney look. I'd no opinion of it before the trailer, meow I know I'm not checking it out unless I hear it's good from trusted sources or have morbid curiosity. I don't see that happening.

I like Carrie-Anne Moss and the idea of her using some Matrix kinda moves as a jedi but that's about it and even if she's good in it she can't save it.

Pass.

Star Wars The Apathy

This looks so freaking bland. If they're picking the best moments to highlight in this trailer, I can only imagine how awful the reat of this show will be.

Update: November 7, 2022

Star Wars Series THE ACOLYTE Begins Production; Full Cast Announced; New Story Details Revealed

Fg-tS4YVsAEM9u2

Disney+ has confirmed the ensemble cast for its upcoming Star Wars series The Acolyte.

The ensemble includes Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix), Dafne Keen (His Dark Materials), Rebecca Henderson (Inventing Anna) and Dean-Charles Chapman (1917) and Amandla Stenberg (The Hate U Give).

They join an impressive cast previously revealed by The Hollywood Reporter that includes Lee Jung-jae (Squid Game), Charlie Barnett (Russian Doll), Manny Jacinto (Nine Perfect Strangers) and Jodie Turner-Smith (Queen & Slim),

The Acolyte is described as “a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era. A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes, but the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated.”

The project is from creator, showrunner and executive producer Leslye Headland (Russian Doll), who will also direct the pilot.

Disney+ also announced filming has begun in the U.K. The executive producers are Kathleen Kennedy, Simon Emanuel, Jeff F. King and Jason Micallef.

PDX-000323_R-copy.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...st-carrie-anne-moss-disney-series-1235256747/

The executive producers are Kathleen Kennedy

im-out-im-done.gif

The executive producers are Kathleen Kennedy

im-out-im-done.gif

She's been the executive producer for everything Star Wars over the past decade, and its mostly been shit with a few exceptions.

Given who the showrunner is, its probably going to be shit even without Kathleen having a significant influence.

holy money grab, batman! will we ever see the last of the star wars movies/shows?

i'm surprised they havent done a remake of the original trilogy yet. theyre probably waiting for the right time.

Back