STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Star Wars Last Jedi was terrible"

Yet you cans can't stop talking about it

LOL

It has to be vying with Attack of the Clones as one of the worst titles.

A lot of people don’t like Phatom Menace but I liked it at the time in a “ohhh what does that mean” way.

In spite of its quality, The Last Jedi has one of the best titles...

To me, it doesn't even make sense. Currently, there is Rey (lightside) and Ren (darkside). That's literally a balance.

My personal view is that Revenge is easily the best of the Prequels, and stacks up well even against the OG Trilogy. And it's at least 12 Parsecs ahead of Feminism Awakens or The Last Time I'll Watch Star Wars in the Cinema:rolleyes:

While even Anakin and Padame aren't as annoying as they were the first two Prequels, and Obi Wan is as solid as ever - "So uncivilised!" - it's Palpatine's movie, and MacDairmid, a true heavyweight, brings his A Game. This is probably the last time he'll play Sideous, and he leaves everything on the field, effortlessly dominating every scene he's in. The Opera Scene is an absolute masterclass in spiritual corruption and psychological seduction. The look on Palpatine's face when he tells Anakin how Darth Plagueis the Wise was murdered in his sleep by his own Apprentice is nothing less than chilling:eek:

View attachment 520645

After five movies hearing about just how bad ass the Sith are, we finally get to see Sideous in all his terrible glory. He kills three Jedi Masters without breaking a sweat, fights Mace Motherfucking Windu to a standstill, corrupts the Chosen One, slaughters almost the entire Jedi Order with a single phone call and makes the Republic his prison bitch. And for an encore he pimp-slapped Yoda so hard he ran away and hid in a fucking swamp for nearly twenty years:cool:

The final scene between Anakin and Obi Wan even managed to bring Teh Feels, when the usually stoic Kenobi finally loses his shit and lets Skywalker exactly how badly he done fucked up,

"You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness! You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you..."

Agree on every point, man! Any time I watch a segment of that film, I’m reminded of how much I like it. Definitely always struck me as positive that the prequels got to end on that high note.

Palpatine blah blah blah
IMG-2049.jpg

Technically everyone can burn in hell. It's kind of hell's thing.

Will watch it but they messed up this new trilogy.

New leaked concept art confirms rumors that Kylo will have a "repaired helmet" with a subtle red glow. The repaired helmet symbolizes JJ Abrams repairing what Rian Johnson nearly destroyed:

https://i.redd.it/dwnqtimkigf21.png
dwnqtimkigf21.png

LOL @ "New Droid that will annoy BB8" as an official description....just..fucking..LOL

I'd highly recommend the Revenge of the Sith novelisation. It's one of the best Star Wars novels ever written. Not just in canon but the Expanded Universe as well:cool:
I'm about halfway through (we're getting to the Plagueis the Wise bit) and I am not sure I can finish it.

It's so dull. Its syntax wounds me.

For example Anakin and Padme's kiss is described as "an eternity but an all-too-short eternity." This is replacing story with description, and what it does -- instead of moving from scene to scene, emotion to emotion, peak to valley -- is the narrative establishes itself then nullifies what it JUST established. The author fleshes out the supporting characters by plainly saying, "XX is this quality. XX believes in these principles. XX would do things you would not imagine if XX were to feel so inclined," and thus I learn Dooku is a principled man who will either be respected or will kill you. This is what I'm told. Then what I see is him standing in a room, being obviously cajoled by Palpatine and then anti-climactically losing both hands and head. (I admit fight scenes are better conveyed outside of prose, so perfunctory fight results are not the author's fault. He was as much imprisoned by the plot as we were.) The pedestrian "Tell v. Show" continues and I'm told big things are happening! And huge machinations are at work!

But all my illiterate eyes can see is just people in rooms and hallways going, "I don't understand!" and then walking their separate ways clouded by their adolescent inner thoughts and misgivings.

It just doesn't feel like STAR WARS as much as it does ordinary angst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back