STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's funny in our little own Star Wars chat group we have on our profiles I'm the cynical, by the book, hard rating, negative Nancy of the bunch.. and on this boards compared to that I look like a happy camper, I'm in the positive side of things. :D It's all about perspective and context I see.

You happy with JJ directing and writing ? or you wanted some other names or was rooting for Rian.

How about the other writer the man with the "Martha" from Batman vs Superman.. he scares me a little. Hope he received his fair share of criticisms by now and he listened to them and will be more careful.
I'm not sitting around trying to micro-manage who directs it.

They're going to pick whomever they pick & I'm putting my faith in those in charge to deliver the Star Wars experience.

But yeah, I see what you're saying, some here are so over the top with resistance that even someone with the slightest bit of appreciation would have to say "damn man wtf is up your ass." It's a good Star Wars experience. I'm sorry if it didn't blow the doors off your bomb shelter but damn man, it ain't bad by any means. Give the Trilogy a chance to answer some questionz before you pass permanent judgement on it.

This is great news. I was on the fence about seeing the next Star Wars and this firmly puts me in the pass category.
I'm with you.

I think people are just jumping the gun way to early on him not being the "BIG BAD" that G-pa waz. Lets give the trilogy a chance to play out people... that's my stance.

aze0eq.png

I'm with you.

I think people are just jumping the gun way to early on him not being the "BIG BAD" that G-pa waz. Lets give the trilogy a chance to play out people... that's my stance.

Read his comment more careful on the end.

<Kpop775> He is in the other camp. He is a tricky one.

Go get some quality r & r my man you deserve it.

Tomorrow you catch up on important shebro activity. :D

I believe I'm the only one around here that thinks Kylo Ren is a good, well-conceived character.

I thought he was definitely a cool character. But he lost a step big time when he took off the mask and when they played up the tortured soul element.

I also had a little bit of trouble with the notion that the dude is the biggest Vader groupie out there and yet seems to forget Vader ultimately said f u to the Dark Side. If you're biggest worry is struggling against the pull to the light, that's probably not your best role model.

I thought he was definitely a cool character. But he lost a step big time when he took off the mask and when they played up the tortured soul element.

I also had a little bit of trouble with the notion that the dude is the biggest Vader groupie out there and yet seems to forget Vader ultimately said f u to the Dark Side. If you're biggest worry is struggling against the pull to the light, that's probably not your best role model.

Well, the only witness to Vader's turn to the light was Luke, and he's been AWOL for...who knows how long. Even Luke was the only one that bothered to attend Vader's funeral pyre, so I don't know how public Vader's redemption was, and even if it was, he was still a perpetrator of genocide.

I didn't have a problem with Vader still being seen by some as an icon of the dark side, and I also didn't really mind Ren taking off the mask and being somewhat emotionally immature. He's basically succeeding at what they (George Lucas) failed to portray young Anakin as.

I believe I'm the only one around here that thinks Kylo Ren is a good, well-conceived character.
You are not alone. It's the clear consensus outside Sherdog-- whatever that is worth.

For the longest time I couldn't put my finger on what I don't like about this guy's work. It finally came to me. He can't write a good climax.

The characters are there and the story is there but his movies don't have the ebb and flow of a good story and they are completely void of necessary climaxes.

Last edited:
Oh god why? Out of all the directors in Hollywood they could not find one director besides JJ?

TFA sucked. This is bad news.

Yeah, because Darth Vader would have been so much more iconic if he'd been a whiney little bitch-boy in A New Hope who got his shit pushed in by Luke before he'd even met Obi Wan:rolleyes:

Who said he was going to be as iconic as Vader? They cant catch that lightning in a bottle again. If Vader is your litmus test, you're going to be disappointed and have only yourself to blame.

Watch this:

Vader did very little in A New Hope. He choked a couple people. Looked pretty intimidating. Then couldnt beat an old man in a sword fight until the old man let himself be struck down. Then got blown out of the sky by a down on his luck scoundrel up to his eyeballs in debt and driving a piece of shit spaceship.

More than that, how stupid is it for a villain to wear a life sustaining rebreather suit and have all sorts of important dials, buttons and lights on full display right in the middle of his chest? So dumb.

SeewhatIdidthere?

Last edited:
Oh end I dont think JJ has ever directed a good movie before

Honestly I think he is pretty shit

I dont think hes ever directed a bad movie. Underwhelming maybe (Into Darkness). But bad? Nah, not really.

It all depends on where they go now. His set up is there. Ive been predicting hes gonna kill Snoke and say "Fuck all this Rule of One shit" and train a bunch of Sith.

If, for some bizarre reason, they actually do redeem him in Episode 9, I'll call bullshit. But they're setting up an entire arc here and people are missing it.

Yearly star wars is fucking bullshit

God damn Disney for what they are doing to this beloved franchise and god damn dopey ass George Lucas for selling it too them

Dont anybody understand that if a Star Wars movie comes out every year, the series is no longer cool like it was?

There is something to be said for scarcity... part of what made Star Wars awesome in the first place was that it was 3 movies from the late 70's early 80's

Then Lucas came and shat on them with the prequels but still the series had some gravitas remaining, if they ended it there, but no

Now we get yearly installments from whoever favorite director of the week is, Fuck JJ Abrams and his monopoly on space too

Why does he get to direct all the new Star Trek and Star Wars movies? They are trying to say there is nobody else for the job? Why does JJ get to do fucking everything? He's not a great director.

All these new Star Wars movies are, is fucking fan fiction. End of story. Its high budget fan fiction and it can suck a dick.

God damn Disney for what they are doing to this beloved franchise and god damn dopey ass George Lucas for selling it too them

Dont anybody understand that if a Star Wars movie comes out every year, the series is no longer cool like it was?

There is something to be said for scarcity... part of what made Star Wars awesome in the first place was that it was 3 movies from the late 70's early 80's

Then Lucas came and shat on them with the prequels but still the series had some gravitas remaining, if they ended it there, but no

Now we get yearly installments from whoever favorite director of the week is, Fuck JJ Abrams and his monopoly on space too

Why does he get to direct all the new Star Trek and Star Wars movies? They are trying to say there is nobody else for the job? Why does JJ get to do fucking everything? He's not a great director.

All these new Star Wars movies are, is fucking fan fiction. End of story. Its high budget fan fiction and it can suck a dick.

I feel like the best thing for you to do is stop watching them. Why devote so much time and effort to something that you dont enjoy? And then complaining about how you dont enjoy it? Youve outgrown them. Theres nothing wrong with that. Happens with some people.

No its not obvious because I took like 2 mins to make that post, I dont dedicate any time or effort at all to this, beyond the time it takes me to go to the theater and watch the dumb movies

And even if I think a movie is bad, I still consider spending quality time with friends and family a win

You're reaching

No its not obvious because I took like 2 mins to make that post, I dont dedicate any time or effort at all to this, beyond the time it takes me to go to the theater and watch the dumb movies

And even if I think a movie is bad, I still consider spending quality time with friends and family a win

You're reaching

Reaching for what? Im saying if theres a series of movies you dont like, why watch them? Its not rocket science. I dont like Transformers movies, so I dont watch them.

The original trilogy will always stand apart.

I interpret the comic universes (Marvel, DC) and the Star Wars universe as our modern mythological cycles. What the Gods of Olympus were to the Greeks & the Romans, or the Arthurian legend cycle were to the Brits, these universes are to the contemporary West, and managed by probably the most distinctive movie studio in history. While such volume might diminish the universe in our eyes, it could be precisely what makes it noteworthy to future generations, and could ultimately become the most studied aspect of our culture a thousand years from now: more than even works like To Kill a Mockingbird or Moby Dick are studied.

It's quite possible. Like most mythologies it's a malleable universe; one that they could take, reinvent, and make their own: the same way we do with the Greek Gods. There is a power and endurance to that which it is wise not to underestimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back