STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kylo Ren is like Vader, but without the personality, the backstory, the brains and the life experience

but hey he's got the mask, TFA is shit

So much for the complaint that "it's the same movie", eh? I get sick of that one, too. Some people need to look up "homage".

Ren isn't Vader. Ren lost to a girl. Sheesh. Get over it.

If you remake the original story but piss all over the best parts of it, that's not a homage. It's just lazy, shit-teir writing. Get over it.

Since episode 7 was a rehash of 4, does that mean this will be a rehash of 6?

If so, we'd better get Rey in a metal bikini.

4822811803_79c8bb3805_b.jpg

shit
that one girl is whiiiiiiiiiite

How does he reboot a new episode? This can't be good

But in all honesty I hope JJA takes on this role as the biggest in his life and makes it a point to prove everyone wrong. He has the talent, but he does usually suck dick.

It's unbelievable how many people can't figure out that Kylo Ren in episode VII is a Padawan (and not a very disciplined one at that).

Yes it's about the character arc.. bitch and complain at the end of the trilogy that will hold water better then right after the first movie while you are missing the damn point.

If we just compare Vader of Ep. 4 vs Kylo of Ep. 7 we will find that Kylo is the superior character he is better if we just go movie to movie.. but no one is realizing that they are comparing Vader's freaking 7 movies, books, comics, animations, pop culture etc etc.. it's not a fair fight and the most important thing is Kylo was the young adult in that movie just wait and see the version of himself the man in Ep. 9 he will be very different from the start.

And you are right Kylo is even less disciplined and focused or lack of focus then young Anakin and still he is so talented with the force without any clear focus.

I suspect this new Snoke dude that isn't a Sith he is something that values the light side more then what Palp did in the past, yea he still is a mainly dark force users but he is different (notice no yellow dark side eyes either with him, he ain't 100% corrupted like Vader or Palp) he kinda likes and appreciates this blend of dark/light in Kylo but wants the dark to rule over him.. why Palp was just about the dark side, 0 light he despised it.

Ren isn't Vader. Ren lost to a girl. Sheesh. Get over it.

Also this, I suspect if Rey was a guy this would have gone down better.. but we sure as hell aren't as progressive like we think we are, in the back of many minds we still have "haha he lost to a girl force or no force this is a no go, let's make fun of her now and discredit it". Relax guys this ain't the UFC, it's about space and magic and other factors it's not just boy vs girl at hand.

If you remake the original story but piss all over the best parts of it, that's not a homage. It's just lazy, shit-teir writing. Get over it.
You just whined about how they didn't remake the original story.

It's not the original, but it's 8.1 on IMDb. I don't have to get over anything. The only shit tier anything in this thread is your attempt at forming thoughtful, cogent criticism.

Yeah, because Darth Vader would have been so much more iconic if he'd been a whiney little bitch-boy in A New Hope who got his shit pushed in by Luke before he'd even met Obi Wan:rolleyes:

Well at least compare Kylo to the Anakin that talks about sand and what not.. we are moving in that type of emotional development give or take.

sub-buzz-24075-1492359365-1.jpg

Then I would say probably we can compare Ep 3 Anakin to what we see in Kylo Ep 8.

superthumb.jpg
bb9c46b1aefbf9c2b6c6da457435607d.jpg

And maybe just maybe Kylo Ep 9 is the closest thing to a young Darth Vader.. he will be probably very different then what we saw till now.

Hey at least's that my point of view on it.

<Fedor23>

Well at least compare Kylo to the Anakin that talks about sand and what not.. we are moving in that type of emotional development give or take.

sub-buzz-24075-1492359365-1.jpg

Then I would say probably we can compare Ep 3 Anakin to what we see in Kylo Ep 8.

superthumb.jpg
bb9c46b1aefbf9c2b6c6da457435607d.jpg

And maybe just maybe Kylo Ep 9 is the closest thing to a young Darth Vader.. he will be probably very different then what we saw till now.

Hey at least's that my point of view on it.

<Fedor23>
Whenever people compare Kylo in ep 7 to Vader from ep 4, I'm all like

anakin-skywalker-darth-vader-gif-hayden-christensen-Favim.com-3849690.gif

You just whined about how they didn't remake the original story.

It's not the original, but it's 8.1 on IMDb. I don't have to get over anything. The only shit tier anything in this thread is your attempt at forming thoughtful, cogent criticism.

Force Awakins was a feeble attempt to remake New Hope with a Mary Sue version of Luke and an Emo Darth Vader. How bad was it? Put it this way, I've only watched FA once. But I've sat through Phantom Menace multiple times just to watch Darth Maul's scenes.

Take Abrams' dick out of your mouth and stop trying to defend the indefensible.

I don't get the hate for this guy. I liked force awakens. Also loved the first two star trek reboots, and even Super 8 & Mission Impossible III was good.

I liked Force Awakens but hated the new Star Trek films.

It was a reboot for a new generation, and successful, but didn't feel like Star Trek at all to me.

Cool!

So we are getting a remake of return of the jedi?

Force Awakins was a feeble attempt to remake New Hope with a Mary Sue version of Luke and an Emo Darth Vader. How bad was it? Put it this way, I've only watched FA once. But I've sat through Phantom Menace multiple times just to watch Darth Maul's scenes.

I agree with the way you feel about a lot of things, but not this. I really enjoyed the film. I went with the family and it was a great experience, we all had a great time.

Looking forward to the next one.

Oh man you and @Madmick seem to have heated up a tad to much.

C'mon guys we are sherbros here just talking about movies this time around, I'm fine with different opinions it's all good, let's cool down a bit and enjoy our time together here, like a good buddy around this parts says. @Myrddin Wild

Oh wow you haven't watched Ep.7 again ? just that 1 time and not a single time at home or even just random on the TV for X-mas or something.

I really suggest you give it another watch, just try to be as open to it as possible and give it another try.. you just might have some fun with it.

Only once? Only once, dawg? Onnnnnnce......?

<TheWire1>

You only watched it once? Not four times? Not three times? Not even twice???!!

Dear God, the film probably lost money. JJ contracted cancer. The sun dimmed in the heavens. Think about all those overrated films you never even watched! And they are all acclaimed and shit.

upload_2017-9-12_16-57-10.jpeg

Oh man you and @Madmick seem to have heated up a tad to much.

C'mon guys we are sherbros here just talking about movies this time around, I'm fine with different opinions it's all good, let's cool down a bit and enjoy our time together here, like a good buddy around this parts says. @Myrddin Wild

Oh wow you haven't watched Ep.7 again ? just that 1 time and not a single time at home or even just random on the TV for X-mas or something.

I really suggest you give it another watch, just try to be as open to it as possible and give it another try.. you just might have some fun with it.
You know my stance.

I think people have over the top expectationz for Star Wars because it's the epitome of cinema & so we overthink what it should be with un-reachable expectations. When we get a decent film that delivers the Star Wars universe but doesn't meet those expectations there's a tendancy to label it harder than we would other films.

Fact is that it delivered the Star Wars universe & is a 6 to 7 film just for that. At the very least it could never be rated less than that. I personally enjoyed it and am eagerly anticipating the tie ins to the trilogy films with much anticipation. I hope the gaps in the film are covered at least enough to pacify the over the top negativity that some people are rolling with.

I can't help but feel there'z a bit of a draw to be "the guy that hates on a good thing" in the mix with the level of negativity that's out there.

Don't get me wrong... I get the objectionz... but it's still Star Wars. It delivers a Star Wars experience. That's what I signed up for.

Last edited:
You know my stance.

I think people have over the top expectationz for Star Wars because it's the epitome of cinema & so we overthink what it should be with un-reachable expectations. When we get a decent film that delivers the Star Wars universe but doesn't meet those expectations there's a tendancy to label it harder than we would other films.

Fact is that it delivered the Star Wars universe & is a 6 to 7 film just for that. At the very least it could never be rated less than that. I personally enjoyed it and am eagerly anticipating the tie ins to the trilogy films with much anticipation. I hope the gaps in the film are covered at least enough to pacify the over the top negativity that some people are rolling with.

I can't help but feel there'z a bit of the draw to be "the guy" that hates on a good thing in the mix with the level of negativity that's out there.

Don't get me wrong... I get the objectionz... but it's still Star Wars. It delivers a Star Wars experience. That's what I signed up for.

You know what's funny in our little own Star Wars chat group we have on our profiles I'm the cynical, by the book, hard rating, negative Nancy of the bunch.. and on this boards compared to that I look like a happy camper, I'm in the positive side of things. :D It's all about perspective and context I see.

You happy with JJ directing and writing ? or you wanted some other names or was rooting for Rian.

How about the other writer the man with the "Martha" from Batman vs Superman.. he scares me a little. Hope he received his fair share of criticisms by now and he listened to them and will be more careful.

I believe I'm the only one around here that thinks Kylo Ren is a good, well-conceived character.

This is great news. I was on the fence about seeing the next Star Wars and this firmly puts me in the pass category.

I believe I'm the only one around here that thinks Kylo Ren is a good, well-conceived character.

Nope, we have more that thing he is a good character.. maybe not great by any means but he isn't exactly bad either.

But overall I do feel sherdog isn't down with Ep 7.

PS: I do enjoy Rey, a lot.. I will log off now. :D

tumblr_nzzjtsyLEd1v2u38fo1_250.gif

dbjgaa.gif

I like him just fine. Huge respect for that actor in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back