STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean a location like the Mos Easily canteen actually felt strange and dangerous were as his bar and its cute alien banjo band felt like something from a theme park.

Maz Kanata clearly ran a more friendly establishment :D, the atmosphere, vibe were better then other low rent space joints.

Also you didn't had fun with Rey ? I sure did.

The girl has talent, charismatic and big screen presence she will be a star... in the original movies Leia and Luke were silly actors if we break it down.. in todays times they wouldn't be able to get a gig on some obscure TV show let alone a big cinema movie.

Yet we have people complaining about Rey.. c'mon now, we need some limits me thinks.

tumblr_inline_oq2vjoyMsO1ul5d0n_250.gif
e85f43916a3b17747360a1748348b0fe.gif
ardgG_s-200x150.gif

635939248270806768742974863_tumblr_nzxcnuCL7y1uasa0go1_500.gif

xEa6J.gif
source.gif
gif-rey-star-wars-the-force-awakens-Favim.com-3879471.gif

DICF1vZXsAEG3M2.jpg:large

Fantastic news. Screw the haters and their garbage "lens flare!" regurgitations.

JJ has been a blessing to sci-fi nerds everywhere.

Maz Kanata clearly ran a more friendly establishment :D, the atmosphere, vibe were better then other low rent space joints.

The girl has talent, charismatic and big screen presence she will be a star... in the original movies Leia and Luke were silly actors if we break it down.. in todays times they wouldn't be able to get a gig on some obscure TV show let alone a big cinema movie.

Yet we have people complaining about Rey.. c'mon now, we need some limits me thinks.

ardgG_s-200x150.gif

xEa6J.gif
source.gif

Ridley's a good actor. I had no problem with her performance. Just the way the character was written; the ultimate Mary Sue, to the point where there was hardly any tension left, because we knew she was going to beat what/whoever she was up against.

Fantastic news. Screw the haters and their garbage "lens flare!" regurgitations.

JJ has been a blessing to sci-fi nerds everywhere.
You hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Kylo will most likely win the next duel to set up the final movie.

Okay so the first fight result is a problem for you okay then:

- he wasn't trying to kill her at first he wanted to recruit here, use her he wasn't going for the kill 100% he kinda underestimated her was after a certain angle then the shit hit the fan

- earlier in the movie that space bow weapon sent normal dudes flying he took one in the gut

- blood loss was going 24/7 we were shown he was still bleeding like for real he walked all the way out in the snow dripping blood so for real 1 hour or so and freaking Kylo could have died from the blood loss, good thing we had General Sucks come to the rescue

- another point he was emotionally distressed from the patricide

- something with this girl we aren't fully reveal Kylo knew her or spared her in the past I suspect and his big mistake was coming out to bite him in the ass

- this girl was no novice to melee fighting in fact she was doing it from an early age, we were showed earlier she can fight and hold her own in a scrap using the stick.. she had to do it many times and I bet when she lost she lost her meals for the day so she learned and got better and stronger in order to survive in the hard conditions

- Kylo also screwed around with Fin wanting to punish him for his betrayal he even got hurt by him the 'trained from birth trooper' I know it's little but it ads up to all of it, still badly hurt Kylo already won a fight and was on his way to win another.. not bad considering the circumstances

- for her it was revenge for Han and if she loses Fin dies, she probably dies and never gets to reunite with her family and have closure, for her it was all or nothing a very desperate cornered animal type

- Rey despite all that she was getting her ass kicked and only till the end when she listened and connected / allowed the force to guide her moves in a way, gave her confidence and clarity here we even a short clip with audio from the movie director talking about this moment:

In closing I could see it plausible how that result could happen and that maybe when we have the trilogy completed things will be a lot clearer from a to z.

Ah the he was injured going into the fight excuse. Maybe he had a cracked skull too. You took a lot of effort and I give you credit. I still think it was poor writing though, and I still think the guy looks and acts like a puss. It made no sense that she would be jedi mind fucking him while she was a prisoner, that's an advanced technique. Also having Finn and Rey welding a lightsaber so easily was pretty crazy as well since it flys against what has been established.

I have a feeling 8 is going to be very good and anything other than RJ finishing the job will be a let down.

ardgG_s-200x150.gif

xEa6J.gif
source.gif

She does have personality I'd agree but those shots do kind of sum up my view pretty well that the character was played in a rather over the top fashion although I suspect that might well be down to Abrams. If your whole performance is net meme worthy its not exactly going to be a thing of great subtly is it?

Its true the originals film do have there share of over the top moments but even A New Hope feels quite grounded at some points, much of Luke on Tatooine and Guiness's Obi Wan generally for example. Here it felt like the performances were constantly turned up to 11 and it ended up undercutting the credibility of the whole thing for me.

Maz like her bar was just a really poorly done character for me, I mean compare her to Yoda who had a sense of power, mystery and even threat around him and she ended up being a kindly cartoon grandmother. That fat alien Rey was working for on Jakku was well was just comical in looks and actions as well with zero threat to him.

Last edited:
Ah the he was injured going into the fight excuse. Maybe he had a cracked skull too. You took a lot of effort and I give you credit. I still think it was poor writing though, and I still think the guy looks and acts like a puss. It made no sense that she would be jedi mind fucking him while she was a prisoner, that's an advanced technique. Also having Finn and Rey welding a lightsaber so easily was pretty crazy as well since it flys against what has been established.
He's a Millennial with insane talent who can't control his emotions. Controlling your emotions (or focusing them) is the fount of harnessing the Force.

That's how she can get the better of him; because he forgets his training, and even rebels against it. He feels imprisoned by it: by his name, his family, his birthright...the burden of carrying that torch. That's why he's talking to the helmet of his dead grandfather that he never met. It's why he's throwing temper tantrums destroying his own ship.

Does that strike you as the behavior of a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord-- even something Anakin would have done? Of course not! He's neither controlling nor focusing his passions. He's a raging, aimless, emotional wreck who isn't in control of his own power or decision-making. He's a petulant teenager.

Remember, even before the libertarian political universe, at the heart and soul of Star Wars, at its very foundation, just as with The Godfather, is a soap opera about a family; specifically about fathers and sons, how their respective generations clash against each other, and the struggle of sons to become their fathers while simultaneously trying to avoid their father's mistakes and character flaws.

Kylo Ren represents the white, Millennial, American son.

Awesome.

Now the cycle will repeat of endless shit talking, only to be met with a critically praised film that the majority of fans love that dominates the box office, at which point desperate attempts to pick apart the most mundane aspects of a movie filled with space warlocks will continue ad nauseam.

" hurrr duuuur a girl won a fight and can fix a piece of machinery. Feminism duuuur".

Like you saw it was more then just the injury that was just a part of the perfect storm. For me personally I feel the killing of his father and the fact he was trying to recruit Rey played a bigger part then the injury.

Yea I never said it was the best writing.. that's the main problem with JJ's movies the scrip / lack of originality but there is a differences between not so strong writing and 0 plausibility with that exact situation.

Indeed it's not easy to use a lightsaber all in all Finn did so so, I mean he didn't cut himself up and remember he is train from birth to be the best soldier he can be, he most likely has melee / crowd control training. (we saw riot troopers inside the order)

I think we will learn a lot more about Rey in the future movies and things will connect a tad better in the process.

Like imagine the talks after EP 4: "so they had a fatal flaw in the big doomsday device.. how convenient" it was left up to the imagination of each of us, others didn't get that much bothered by it, others I imagine they were, others just put in their own theory on it and then many years later Rogue One revealed to us what happened and it turned an old flaw into a very interesting point, the newer movie added something to the old goodies.

Be for we go up in arms about Rey advance mind trick let's at least wait for this trilogy to end.. for all we know we may find some answers in the Last Jedi, only 3 months till then. :D

Agreed 100%. Hope he gets Dooku'd in Episode 8. How do you go from this:

darth-vader-a-new-hope-2.jpg

To this:

darth_maul1.jpg

To this?

latest

By attempting to give the villain depth and an actual story arc over the course of an entire trilogy. Anybody who thinks Kylo is gonna continue being a whiner and end up redeeming himself in episode 9 wasn't paying attention.

Kylo was the best character in TFA, and Driver fucking nailed it, imo.

She does have personality I'd agree but those shots do kind of sum up my view pretty well that the character was played in a rather over the top fashion although I suspect that might well be down to Abrams. If your whole performance is net meme worthy its not exactly going to be a thing of great subtly is it?

Its true the originals film do have there share of over the top moments but even A New Hope feels quite grounded at some points, much of Luke on Tatooine and Guiness's Obi Wan generally for example. Here it felt like the performances were constantly turned up to 11 and it ended up undercutting the credibility of the whole thing for me.

Maz like her bar was just a really poorly done character for me, I mean compare her to Yoda who had a sense of power, mystery and even threat around him and she ended up being a kindly cartoon grandmother. That fat alien Rey was working for on Jakku was well was just comical in looks and actions as well with zero threat to him.

0.jpg

Well they are some rumors that in the start of the shoots JJ made Daisy cry.. he wanted her to be more expressive and less stoic. Was said the pressure got to her because it was her first real movie and it was a massive one at that, the type of movie that will stay and make or brake the career of an actor.

So... :D me thinks you have a bone to pick with the director.

Let me try to see if I can find the rumors I remember them 3 or so years ago lol.

Can't find the one I remembered but found one close enough:

In fact, the actress says, on her very first day of filming, she was almost reduced to tears by the film’s director JJ Abrams, after he criticized her for being “wooden”.

“I was petrified. I thought I was gonna have a panic attack on the first day,” she told Glamour.

“Because JJ…he probably doesn’t remember telling me that my performance was wooden. This was the first day! And I honestly wanted to die. I thought I was gonna cry, I couldn’t breathe,” she added.

“And there was so many crew there, because obviously all the creatures [had stand-ins], and there were loads of extra crew making sure everyone was safe ’cause it was so hot. It was awful”.

Later on in the interview, she admits that, while she hasn’t yet watched the film, and had the chance to evaluate her performance and improve on it.. others have - including Steven Spielberg, who has apparently already watched it three times (we’re assuming he liked it).

So it seems your complain was actually something that JJ 'adjusted, improved, directed' on. :D Don't worry I'm sure things will be better for Ep. 9 with everyone having more experience and plenty of constructive criticism.

By attempting to give the villain depth and an actual story arc over the course of an entire trilogy. Anybody who thinks Kylo is gonna continue being a whiner and end up redeeming himself in episode 9 wasn't paying attention.
giphy.gif

Kylo is probably the worst villain in movie history

Dude rivals Spiderman 3 emo Peter

Oh end I dont think JJ has ever directed a good movie before

Honestly I think he is pretty shit

Yeah, because Darth Vader would have been so much more iconic if he'd been a whiney little bitch-boy in A New Hope who got his shit pushed in by Luke before he'd even met Obi Wan:rolleyes:

Some of you guys are way over negative about things.. if you will judge all the other movies coming out this year with the same rigor then I wonder with what will you be left, nothing seems to be good in that way.

Also Kylo Ren isn't Vader that's the point.. he is a kid in the core of things, it appears that by the end of the movie he has chosen his path and is becoming the man he wants to be, looking forward to him in the next movie he should be 'grown up' now.

Vader the man:

tumblr_op3haiowFj1s7xfipo1_540.gif

Kylo the kid:

kyloren-gif.561674

"Forgive me. I feel it again. The pull to the light. Supreme Leader senses it. Show me again, the power of the darkness, and I will let nothing stand in our way."
It's unbelievable how many people can't figure out that Kylo Ren in episode VII is a Padawan (and not a very disciplined one at that).

Yeah, because Darth Vader would have been so much more iconic if he'd been a whiney little bitch-boy in A New Hope who got his shit pushed in by Luke before he'd even met Obi Wan:rolleyes:
So much for the complaint that "it's the same movie", eh? I get sick of that one, too. Some people need to look up "homage".

Ren isn't Vader. Ren lost to a girl. Sheesh. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back