STAR WARS: EPISODE IX (Rumored Title: BALANCE OF THE FORCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the hate for this guy. I liked force awakens. Also loved the first two star trek reboots, and even Super 8 & Mission Impossible III was good.

The hate comes from his lack of original story telling.

He seems to be the ultimate homage taker even straight out updated copy cat with his ideas like you can feel he watched the past movies 1000 times and he just does this ultimate fan fiction, fan made, reboot type of movie.

Star Trek movie was updated and combined with action movies, all the hardcore Trek fans didn't even know what the heck was that.. the so so casuals liked it felt it "spiced up" the Trek movies.

Super 8 is the ultimate homage to 80's Spielberg.

Mission Impossible 3 is nothing new, just in the mold of those type of movies.

Star Wars Ep 7 was made on the story skeleton of Ep 4 then he added the new characters and blended it all together, some liked it a lot because it felt like the first one only modern age while others were very disappointed because for them the main thing with a Star Wars movie is creativity, even in the prequels no matter how bad they were executed from a-z they still had the creativity and some originality to them.

I hope JJ steps up and listened to the main issue people had with him, he clearly is a competent film maker but it's not enough we want more for this level of project.

Since episode 7 was a rehash of 4, does that mean this will be a rehash of 6?

If so, we'd better get Rey in a metal bikini.

4822811803_79c8bb3805_b.jpg

17xa9x9bjq2umjpg.jpg

Force awakens was cookie cutter but it introduced characters that people got behind and rooted for.

That was its main goal. I think he's aware of the criticisms of force awakens and will keep that in mind

Return of the(last)Jedi?:)

Joking aside, I'm not particularly happy that Abrams is back. FA got a lot of love because, frankly, fans were desperate for a win after the prequels. But there is a lot of problems with FA, and the final responsibility for that lies with Abrams.

Force Awakens was a frustrating experience for me. I knew going in that the EU was no longer canon and I was OK with it.. well, kind of. But all they really did was re-make Episode 4 and I think they actually made a less appealing and exciting movie than the original. I don't know... overall I'm not excited to see Abrams come back to the trilogy.

He seems to be the ultimate homage taker even straight out updated copy cat with his ideas like you can feel he watched the past movies 1000 times and he just does this ultimate fan fiction, fan made, reboot type of movie.

Star Trek movie was updated and combined with action movies, all the hardcore Trek fans didn't even know what the heck was that.. the so so casuals liked it felt it "spiced up" the Trek movies.

Star Wars Ep 7 was made on the story skeleton of Ep 4 then he added the new characters and blended it all together, some liked it a lot because it felt like the first one only modern age while others were very disappointed because for them the main thing with a Star Wars movie is creativity, even in the prequels no matter how bad they were executed from a-z they still had the creativity and some originality to them.

I hope JJ steps up and listened to the main issue people had with him, he clearly is a competent film maker but it's not enough we want more for this level of project.
He's not the writer... just the director. All the hardcore trek fans? I don't know what you mean by hardcore but I have seen every episode of every rendition of star trek produced.

No thanks...personally TFA was bogged down by its pacing issues... everything was running/sprinting/a chase

JJ Abrams struggles to have peace and quiet in his moments. I'm not sure if thats just him, or if he has no faith in the attention span of his audience. but it can be a bit much at times

Abrams will co-write the film with Chris Terrio.

What now ?!!!

Oh my, this is the guy with:

tumblr_inline_o7p08y5URH1qladw3_500.gif

giphy.gif

im-going-to-kill-you-superman-wait-my-mothers-name-3861465.png

At least they replaced the other 'British scribe' that does medium quality TV series in UK or some shit.. another bad choice but this dude with Martha is also very scary.. JJ and Martha oh man.

Last edited:
We're all going to see it no matter what, so whatever.

At least it's not Lucas.

He's not the writer... just the director. All the hardcore trek fans? I don't know what you mean by hardcore but I have seen every episode of every rendition of star trek produced.

When JJ takes a massive project like this you better be sure he will direct, write, produce and shove some work down the throat his company Bad Robot, plus give some small parts to his friends, they all gotta eat.. there is no other way around this.

I really think you are in the minority of trekkies with your taste for the JJ Star Trek movies from what I saw, at least that's the way I see it.

<Fedor23>

Just another progressive fool who's going to further destroy the Star Wars legacy with SJW bullshit.

I think the new good guy will be a transgender midget.

Yeah pretty much, he's just a relatively safe film maker for me really devoid of true inspiration or ambition, sadly these days that doesn't seem to be any barrier to having a career that runs right to the top.

Besides being devoid of originality and lacking strong character stories TFA for me was also played in a rather cartoonish fashion tone wise and visually was lacking the subtley of the originals or Rogue One, Abrams eye is about as subtle as a sledgehammer much of the time.

To be fair I think if Johnson does a good job with the next film he might well have more to work with giving us a better result than TFA yet I simply don't think the man is capable of creating great cinema.

What did Rouge/Rogue One ever do to you?

It pushed a narrative of feminism and BLM over story.
I'm a person of color myself and I'm not gonna pay money to be lectured to by a progressive bitch like JJ Abrams.

I refused to see the latest two.

Honestly I think the last two show you the difference between making a film based on character and looking to use diversity to cover a lack of originality. Two female leads yet one is a largely empty asskicker with no noticeable faults and the other is actually a very well realised character. Heck she isn't even close to being the best fighter in the film, only one very short scene in which she kills anyone where as Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen are mowing down storm troopers thoughout, even Diego Luna offs more.

Last edited:
Force awakens was cookie cutter but it introduced characters that people got behind and rooted for.

That was its main goal. I think he's aware of the criticisms of force awakens and will keep that in mind

people dislike finn and Ren

Small minority of people. Internet forum dwellers and such.

Ren should be disliked. He's the bad guy after all. Which means the writers also did their job.

The heel should be disliked.

They don't dislike him because hes a good villain. They don't like him because hes miscast. I thought he was fine until he took his mask off. Now he seems like a little bitch

It pushed a narrative of feminism and BLM over story.
I'm a person of color myself and I'm not gonna pay money to be lectured to by a progressive bitch like JJ Abrams.

I saw this movie and none of that ever came into play in my head.

Just shows where your head is and that yore constantly offended by anything that doesn't fall into you notions of how the world should run.

You sound like a giant clam also

They should have got Michael Bay instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back