Star Trek: Discovery V4.0 (Premieres Sept. 24, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seconded. Here's a Discovery Klingon:
klingon-star-trek-discovery-from-trailer.jpg

star-trek-discovery-klingons.jpg

I remember being perturbed at how different the Klingon in Star Trek Into Darkness was. This is on a whole different level.

They stated today, that they so far have 24 Klingons Houses, and each will have its own unique look. The Empire is huge, and some Klingons have been living on planets for generations away from the home world, and have evolved physically different. Apparently it was Bryan Fuller who wanted the change to Klingon design, to give them a more individualized look, and less like central casting bad guys.

That's fucking dumb, that they want us to just buy that there's this offshoot of Klingons that look totally different. That there's entirely different subsets of Klingons and have been all along?

That's the dumbest shit since Nemesis tried to introduce these cock suckers as a fixture of the Romulan empire that somehow took 36 years of Trek lore before being introduced.

latest

Fuck off with that shit.

That's fucking dumb, that they want us to just buy that there's this offshoot of Klingons that look totally different. That there's entirely different subsets of Klingons and have been all along?

That's the dumbest shit since Nemesis tried to introduce these cock suckers as a fixture of the Romulan empire that somehow took 36 years of Trek lore before being introduced.

latest

Fuck off with that shit.

I didn't have a problem with the "Remans." I actually kind of liked that story line. They're like "bat people" who were hidden underground for a long time.

These new Klingons are shit though.

Maybe it's just me, but I think they look completely different.
I'm not saying they look exactly like new DSC Klingons, just a observation on how different Klingons have looked, and how they have changed throughout the years. I know my Klingons will always be the TNG/DS9 era Klingons, but you forget just how much the look has changed over the years. I mean for gods sakes, look what they did for general Chang, after reinventing the movie era and TNG Klingons
135.jpg

latest

Fuck off with that shit.
A Pre Hell Boy Ron Perlman

I'm not saying they look exactly like new DSC Klingons, just a observation on how different Klingons have looked, and how they have changed throughout the years. I know my Klingons will always be the TNG/DS9 era Klingons, but you forget just how much the look has changed over the years. I mean for gods sakes, look what they did for general Chang, after reinventing the movie era and TNG Klingons
135.jpg

Yeah, but the Enterprise episode where the Klingons were playing with their DNA made sense of all of that. These new Klingons are so different that there is no making sense of it.

Last edited:
135.jpg

I always found it odd that they changed the Klingons' uniforms for that one movie. Star Trek III and V used the same metallic "armour" look as TNG yet VI used... is that gore Tex?

costanza-fashion-brief-history.jpg

tuc0694.jpg

Lets make sure to thank Scotty for stopping the Klingon assassination plot

Seconded. Here's a Discovery Klingon:
klingon-star-trek-discovery-from-trailer.jpg

star-trek-discovery-klingons.jpg

Honestly, you could put a big mane of hair around his head, leaving the ridge plate bare, and it'd look pretty goddamn similar. Need somebody with shoop skills.

I think this is one of those things that's a pretty needless criticism. Not only has ST dramatically changed Klingons look prior to discovery, but with the storyline of there being lots more factions of Klingons throughout an enormous empire, seems sorta nitpicky.

Honestly, you could put a big mane of hair around his head, leaving the ridge plate bare, and it'd look pretty goddamn similar. Need somebody with shoop skills.

I think this is one of those things that's a pretty needless criticism. Not only has ST dramatically changed Klingons look prior to discovery, but with the storyline of there being lots more factions of Klingons throughout an enormous empire, seems sorta nitpicky.

This was already done in an earlier post. I disagree that it looks all that similar or that it is "nitpicky" to point out the differences.

This was already done in an earlier post. I disagree that it looks all that similar or that it is "nitpicky" to point out the differences.
I saw that earlier post. And they looked just like the old Klingons. Yes, it's fanboy nitpicking. You're like that guy who writes Star Trek fan fiction while playing Magic the gathering in your parents' basement.

I saw that earlier post. And they looked just like the old Klingons. Yes, it's fanboy nitpicking. You're like that guy who writes Star Trek fan fiction while playing Magic the gathering in your parents' basement.

They are completely fucking different. They're fucking purple for God's sake. It's fucking horrifying to look at.

Yeah, but like I said, if the notion is that the Empire is enormous and there's a huge array of Klingons from different places, it's not a big deal to have diversity among them.

Also, this is Kor on the original series:

latest

And this is Kor on DS9

kor2.gif

Somewhere out there are people banging their fists at changing the "classic" Klingon look.

Star Trek has a long history of dramatically changing the look of Klingons. At least now with the Discovery angle of there being lots of different Klingons from different regions, you can actually accept that diverse look as part of Canon. Except the Kor thing.

Yeah, but like I said, if the notion is that the Empire is enormous and there's a huge array of Klingons from different places, it's not a big deal to have diversity among them.

Also, this is Kor on the original series:

latest

And this is Kor on DS9

kor2.gif

Star Trek has a long history of dramatically changing the look of Klingons. At least now with the Discovery angle of there being lots of different Klingons from different regions, you can actually accept that diverse look as part of Canon. Except the Kor thing.

The Kor thing was explained in an Episode of Enterprise though. It's the result of genetic manipulation.

The Kor thing was explained in an Episode of Enterprise though. It's the result of genetic manipulation.

What was it? All the Klingons went through genetic manipulation or something? By whom and for what?

EDIT: Actually, nerd alert. Whatever virus or whatever didn't affect every Klingon. Theres no explanation for how Kor had the ridges.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingon

It is not known if every Klingon in the galaxy was afflicted by the virus or when, if ever, it was cured. To date, no Klingons appearing between 2154 and the 2270s have been shown with the forehead ridges. When the Klingons Kang, Koloth, and Kor appeared on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, however, they sported forehead ridges which they did not have during their appearances on the original series. It is unclear how they acquired their ridges in that time.

I felt my virginity score increase by 1000% after posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back