Squeeze strength exercises

HomerPlata

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone have interesting ways of improving squeeze strength? No particular grip in mind, I'd just like to get a few novel ideas for improving my own. I include leg squeeze strength for triangles/guard retention etc. not just arm squeeze strength.

There's an entire forum dedicated to strength, its just under the grappling forum. It has what your asking for.

Anyone have interesting ways of improving squeeze strength? No particular grip in mind, I'd just like to get a few novel ideas for improving my own. I include leg squeeze strength for triangles/guard retention etc. not just arm squeeze strength.

squat/deadlift
pushups/bench

As mentioned above squats (& leg extentions / curls) for overall leg strength. The adductors are the muscles that bring your leg in to the center of your body. In addition to squats, etc. you can add specific excersizes for the adductors. Use a low pulley and an ankle strap & face perpindicular to the weights then pull your leg into your body.
Also, as mentiond above, the streegth & conditioning forum would be the correct place to ask.

Back