Sports Illustrated article on Slight Coward

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So I just read a recent article in SI on Slight Coward and holy crap this guy is mentally weak

Cliffs from article:

• Slight was raised as a devout Christian
  • Slight had a holy mission to transform the NBA into a Christian oriented league lol
  • Slight was basically raised in a bubble, and entered the NBA a virgin
  • Slight was made fun of by team mates because of his upbringing
  • While teammates would go to strip clubs, slight would spend evenings watching cartoons
  • A kid in a man's body, Slight would be cheated out of money by friends and family
  • Raised in a bubble, Slight now a free "man", went ape shit and had 5 kids with 5 women.
  • Slight transferred to the Lakers, and was picked on by Kobe
  • Slight was criticized for being too happy on the court... so slight tried to play angry... which led to numerous flagerant fouls lol.
  • An insecure Slight would call friends during half time to get their opinion on his 1st half performance.
  • Slight then transferred to Rockets. Bitch ass Slight was too timid to confront Hardcan, which would lead to months of silence between the two.
Its a good albeit pathetic read.

DKFyJazXoAArzFW.jpg

Last edited:
Sigh... what wasted potential.

I read that article. I've never been a big fan of Dwert's, but I'm glad to see he's at least taking seriously putting himself back together. It's been sad watching him fall apart mentally while not keeping up with the evolution of the NBA game. I think the article skipped too quickly past his physical decline though. Just becoming more flexible is not going to make him the rim protector he once was.

Hopefully he's grown up enough not to let himself get completely taken advantage of anymore. And I hope he stays involved in his kids' lives. He's never seemed like a bad person, just an immature, overly sensitive moron. But all the early success definitely set him up for an enormous fall when he couldn't maintain that level.

The article pointing out that he still seems a little obsessed with recreating his Orlando experience is worrisome. You have to move forward and let that shit go.

I read that article. I've never been a big fan of Dwert's, but I'm glad to see he's at least taking seriously putting himself back together. It's been sad watching him fall apart mentally while not keeping up with the evolution of the NBA game. I think the article skipped too quickly past his physical decline though. Just becoming more flexible is not going to make him the rim protector he once was.

Hopefully he's grown up enough not to let himself get completely taken advantage of anymore. And I hope he stays involved in his kids' lives. He's never seemed like a bad person, just an immature, overly sensitive moron. But all the early success definitely set him up for an enormous fall when he couldn't maintain that level.

The article pointing out that he still seems a little obsessed with recreating his Orlando experience is worrisome. You have to move forward and let that shit go.
His fall's not been so bad imo. Just shows how high the expectations were on him from the jump.

His fall's not been so bad imo. Just shows how high the expectations were on him from the jump.
He's still a high efficiency guy and still gets a lot of boards, but he's a shell of himself as a defender and his inability to adapt to the new game has cut into his shots/gm tremendously.

The fall is more about his public perception though where, as the article points out, he once had more endorsement deals than Lebron and was seen as the guy gm's wanted to build a franchise around after Lebron at the beginning of this decade.

He's still a high efficiency guy and still gets a lot of boards, but he's a shell of himself as a defender and his inability to adapt to the new game has cut into his shots/gm tremendously.

The fall is more about his public perception though where, as the article points out, he once had more endorsement deals than Lebron and was seen as the guy gm's wanted to build a franchise around after Lebron at the beginning of this decade.

What's this new game you speak of... and when did it emerge?

What's this new game you speak of... and when did it emerge?
The advent of the stretch 4 and the much greater emphasis on working in space and movement and not just setting up in the low post. Big men have been moving further from the basket for a decade now and 'small lineups' have become much more prevalent.

Last edited:

Agreed, but I've never had to let anything like that go. It's the demon of a million faces, but I think he was "burdened" with a more scintillating succubus than myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back